Dees Sign New Sponsor WebJet

jayceebee31

anyone have any idea what the sponsership is worth??? is it in tha ball park of the near 2mil per year we were gonna get from EW.

great to hear we have finally got at leeast one major sponsor, and codos to the melb supporter who works for webjet who suggested it to the boss.

Guest José Mourinho

anyone have any idea what the sponsership is worth??? is it in tha ball park of the near 2mil per year we were gonna get from EW.

great to hear we have finally got at leeast one major sponsor, and codos to the melb supporter who works for webjet who suggested it to the boss.

Already got a large payment from EW, so presumably Webjet wouldn't be matching the $2mil.

Webjet.

According to an article now appearing in Real Footy:

"The amount was not revealed, but it is believed to be worth several million dollars."

Full article is here: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/dees-fly-with-new-sponsor-20120412-1wwyz.html

• Like 1

According to an article now appearing in Real Footy:

"The amount was not revealed, but it is believed to be worth several million dollars."

Full article is here: http://www.smh.com.a...0412-1wwyz.html

That can't be right. Several usually means three or more. It's a one year contract, and the old one was for an unprecedented 2 million dollars. Unless the two-year extension is included in the "several million dollar" figure, this report appears incorrect.

• Like 1

That can't be right. Several usually means three or more. It's a one year contract, and the old one was for an unprecedented 2 million dollars. Unless the two-year extension is included in the "several million dollar" figure, this report appears incorrect.

Yes, I would say it is a guesstimate based on the 2 year extension going ahead.

Just saw the report on Fox Nedws and its reported as well over a million dollars for this year, so probably not the 1.9 mil The Grand Wizard was giving us, but not the cut price dimmy's and forges deal a lot of people thought we'd be forced into getting either.

The tweets coming out from the club say"joint major sponsor"... what exactly does that mean? Can we expect a follow-up announcement in the not too distant future regarding another sponsor?

That is what I believe, they are talking to others right now.

They have a facebook page.

Not a good endorsement of Cam Schwab if we got Webjet via Eddie and Kaspersky a couple of years back through an enterprising Demons supporter overseas.

I dont know the $$$$ but it would be nice if it were close to market price and not a heavily discounted one.

I am not sure its a great endorsement of MFC, Any chance we might have had discussions or engagements with Webjet before this?

What is market value RR? I'm talking real cash, not something some angry midget promised that was never there.

just an observation. And in no way meant as a detraction from any good deeds.

Its observed that Melbourne will appear this weekend with a new sponsor on the jumper. . Thats pretty quick printing isnt it, well in the context of all the rubbish weve heard over the time about how long it supposedly took to get things done. Just an observation.

Go Dees

So B59, now that the FoJ sponsorship has been announced, and it would be safe to assume that it's not $1.9m or more, does that mean you owe me a beer?

While I'm sure you won't be getting the wallet out due to the fact that the amount hasn't been published, I'd think that if it was equal to or greater than Energy Watch, as you believed it should be, then I think the Club would've been giving us a ball park figure, especially considering the past month we've had to deal with.

I'd fail at life if I did skip it. It's on the itinerary.

Smartest thing you have said since posting Striker (no disrespect to anything else you have said)! You'll love it.

I have sent an email of thanks to Webjet and encourage others to do so, let shore up the extension asap by showing our support.

Not sure if it's a "done" thing, but any chance we can get the Webjet logo and a link to their home page put up in the Demonland banner on the right hand side? If we have it up there for a fortnight or something as a good gesture/thank you. Might not be allowed, just a thought.

Just saw the report on Fox Nedws and its reported as well over a million dollars for this year, so probably not the 1.9 mil The Grand Wizard was giving us, but not the cut price dimmy's and forges deal a lot of people thought we'd be forced into getting either.

So I suppose that might translate as approx $1.5mil p/a...and as there is a joint sponsor coming on board soon, I would assume it would be for a similar figure, which would mean a total annual sponsorship of around the $3mil mark, which is nothing to be sneezed at.

As penance, you must change your username to Webjet for the duration of the season.

Can we have two users with the same name? Unless things change on WebJet's search engine, I will be using Flight Centre for travel to the US (LA & NYC) via Guangzhou. Unfortunately WebJet isn't bringing up China Southern on their list of available carriers which would make the Guangzhou leg a no go (and for Michaely's benefit, I checked SkyScanner and they were the most expensive).

So I suppose that might translate as approx $1.5mil p/a...and as there is a joint sponsor coming on board soon (1), I would assume it would be for a similar figure, which would mean a total annual sponsorship of around the $3mil mark, which is nothing to be sneezed at (2).

(1) Deja vu.

(2) If $3m a year worth of sponsorships is nothing to be sneezed at, that means that IF Energy Watch were still on board, given their $1.9m a season "contribution", it would mean that we would be satisfied with a $1.1m contribution for the FoJ. Not having a shot at you Hardtack, just interested to hear your thoughts, as it appears we share a similar view (we are in the minority).

Why didn't Schwab call them?

Its great news that Webjet is on board.

The way its come about with the information released to date raises some issues.

If Schwab is responsible for this then he deserves congratulations.

He will call every company in the whole country will he?

another option would be asking him yourself if it is such an issue?

You dont think its an issue that the CEO is not successful in securing sponsorship. Hmmm

• Like 1

(1) Deja vu.

(2) If $3m a year worth of sponsorships is nothing to be sneezed at, that means that IF Energy Watch were still on board, given their $1.9m a season "contribution", it would mean that we would be satisfied with a $1.1m contribution for the FoJ. Not having a shot at you Hardtack, just interested to hear your thoughts, as it appears we share a similar view (we are in the minority).

(1) Well, I would think that as they are calling this a "joint" sponsorship deal, they must have someone else ready to sign.

(2) Previously, as EW had a BoJ of $1.9m an FoJ sponsorship would have had to have a higher value, but as expectations must have since been lowered (given the extraordinary circumstances) and again, as the words "joint sponsorship" have been used, I am assuming that FoJ and BoJ will be allocated a similar value.

(1) Well, I would think that as they are calling this a "joint" sponsorship deal, they must have someone else ready to sign.

(2) Previously, as EW had a BoJ of $1.9m an FoJ sponsorship would have had to have a higher value, but as expectations must have since been lowered (given the extraordinary circumstances) and again, as the words "joint sponsorship" have been used, I am assuming that FoJ and BoJ will be allocated a similar value.

To be honest, Energy Watch were always considered a co-major sponsor, as appeared on the MFC website.

Reality is, we couldn't find a business/organisation that deemed the FoJ to be worth the $1.9m+ investment, and as such, were always at risk of starting the season with no sponsor.

Great news!!

And I hope that Travel World "The official Travel partner of the MFC" understands that mo' money is mo' money.

And jumbo returns - it is definitely Cameron who was on here and it is unfeasible for him to contact companies who have shown no interest in sponsoring in the past, especially when we had Travel World on the books.

Awesome, thx's Webjet, we really did need something positive for the lads to run out with this week, ova to the boys to gives us something positive against the tiggers.

And we supporters DEFINITELY needed a positive, didn't we?