• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE EXILE

Demonland

Derryn Hinch used to be a Demon fan but I'm glad this obnoxious person bailed out on the club. Maybe his recent stay in prison made him lose touch with reality - AFL 'too soft' on Jurrah?

Back in 1985, Hinch was tried on contempt of court charges, found guilty, fined $10,000 and jailed for 12 days. He appealed all the way to the High Court of Australia and lost.

Last year, he was convicted of breaching suppression orders against the names of two sex offenders, and was sentenced to five months home detention.

Does anyone know if he continued working on radio and/or television or other media while awaiting trial?

Back in 1985, Hinch was tried on contempt of court charges, found guilty, fined $10,000 and jailed for 12 days. He appealed all the way to the High Court of Australia and lost.

Last year, he was convicted of breaching suppression orders against the names of two sex offenders, and was sentenced to five months home detention.

Does anyone know if he continued working on radio and/or television or other media while awaiting trial?

I can assure you without doubt he did indeed........but I suspect the question was rhetorical

that Martin Flanagan piece was great journalism...very well written, and unassumingly emotive.

if he can talk like he can write then hutchy should [censored] off or they should make some room on the couch between roos and sheehan

Being in WA i only read flanigans articles via the links regularly posted on here. Just out of interest is he on the clubs payroll?? Seems almost as preo demons as many of us?!!

Being in WA i only read flanigans articles via the links regularly posted on here. Just out of interest is he on the clubs payroll?? Seems almost as preo demons as many of us?!!

I think he just seems to be writing about the Demons regularly recently because of LJ and Jimma.

He seems to me to be not so much pro-Demons as pro-FOOTY.

no, not on home detention, explicitly disallowed, otherwise I'm sure he would have

Yes i thought so, it was just the way it was worded up above....Hunch only barracked for Melbourne whilst Robbie Flower played, after that something happened, but even with media contacts have never found out exactly what.

Yes i thought so, it was just the way it was worded up above....Hunch only barracked for Melbourne whilst Robbie Flower played, after that something happened, but even with media contacts have never found out exactly what.

He cracked it when the board had a boys-only function and didn't invite Bev O'Connor (who claimed she wasn't put out).

At least this (misogyny) is what Hunch claimed and he supposedly returned or destroyed his membership.

Surprisingly, it didn't affect his ratings and the next day the sun rose as usual.

He cracked it when the board had a boys-only function and didn't invite Bev O'Connor (who claimed she wasn't put out).

At least this (misogyny) is what Hunch claimed and he supposedly returned or destroyed his membership.

Surprisingly, it didn't affect his ratings and the next day the sun rose as usual.

What an idiot he is...I know Bev from work over many years....she knows footy clubs way better than Hunch would know his own street

And she is quite able to stand up for her own battles....still loves the Demons.

The Talking Beard will try anything.

An enlightening post Fork.

Thanks also for the links to organisations that address some of the key issues that you have outlined. Provides a constructive way to assist the people of communities like Yuendumu.

WJ could Fork's post be turned into an article or highlighted in some other manner. Too important to be buried in a Demonland thread.

• Like 2

He spent a season "embedded " with the club [ don't remember which , but not too long ago ] and produced a number of articles about us over that time .

Apart from that , though , he is a top journalist with a very balanced and generous outlook , and it wouldn't matter what club he was discussing because , after all , this is not about football and clubs .

• Like 2

He spent a season "embedded " with the club [ don't remember which , but not too long ago ] and produced a number of articles about us over that time .

Apart from that , though , he is a top journalist with a very balanced and generous outlook , and it wouldn't matter what club he was discussing because , after all , this is not about football and clubs .

Martin spent 2010 with the Club and wrote some magnificent articles on the aboriginal boys at the Club. He told me at the time that James McDonald was a central cog in the way the boys welfare was handled. He also did an article on the handing over of Liam's jumper that Demonland was able to buy. He is truly a good person and does have a soft spot for the Demons.

• Like 2

It's heartening to see some positive responses to my rather heavy post. Thanks for the comments and the 'likes'. I'm happy that enough that people have probably read it on this thread and hopefully considered some of the issues. So I am not compelled to do too much more with it unless some feel others would benefit.

As time moves on and hopefully Liam's focus turns to footy, lets hope we never forget the issues this incident has provoked.

Cheers.

Excellent post by The Fork. For additional insight into indigenous issues, I strongly recommend a book called "Raft" by Howard Goldenberg. The author is a GP who spends his holidays relieving other doctors working in indigenous communities. His stories are funny, sad, confronting and humanistic. A very accessible read.

Thanks Fork for a very insightful post. However I must confess not one that fills me with a great deal of hope. The state of our indigenous people is a festering sore that at times seems insurmountable, with no one willing or capable of tackling the issue. One of the few rays of light that does shine through is the importance of Football and the role it plays in these peoples lives. Imagine if Liam were to overcome all the problems that he currently faces and become the "Once in a lifetime Footballer" that we know he is capable of. What pride he would bring to his people and what an example he would set. Of course it wouldn't hurt the MFC either.

Derryn Hunch needs a brain transplant .

His wine diet has done a lot of organ damage but the mouthpiece still burbles along .