• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Kudos to Cameron Schwab!

Supreme_Demon

I am very pleased with the fact of how it seems that Cameron Schwab (and Mark Neeld) pulled out all stops to get Mitch Clark to the MFC.

To get a player that we "need" in the forward line is a massive coup for the Demons! We haven't really landed a "big fish" since we got Jeff White from Fremantle at the end of 1997. Coincidentally, Cameron Schwab was involved with that as well!

To think that a few months ago Cameron Schwab had his head on the chopping block by the MFC board! :o

I must admit that I've always been a big fan of Cameron Schwab...but I will say that I hope he continues to do well as the CEO of the Melbourne Demons and can get the opportunity to extend his contract at the end of next year.

Having said that, Cameron Schwab now needs to concentrate on getting a new "front jumper" sponsor for the MFC. Hopefully we will end up getting the Bank of Melbourne as has been touted will possibly happen.

Congratulations to Cameron Schwab and his hard work! ;)

• Like 2

I am very pleased with the fact of how it seems that Cameron Schwab (and Mark Neeld) pulled out all stops to get Mitch Clark to the MFC.

To get a player that we "need" in the forward line is a massive coup for the Demons! We haven't really landed a "big fish" since we got Jeff White from Fremantle at the end of 1997. Coincidentally, Cameron Schwab was involved with that as well!

To think that a few months ago Cameron Schwab had his head on the chopping block by the MFC board! :o

I must admit that I've always been a big fan of Cameron Schwab...but I will say that I hope he continues to do well as the CEO of the Melbourne Demons and can get the opportunity to extend his contract at the end of next year.

Having said that, Cameron Schwab now needs to concentrate on getting a new "front jumper" sponsor for the MFC. Hopefully we will end up getting the Bank of Melbourne as has been touted will possibly happen.

Congratulations to Cameron Schwab and his hard work! ;)

Thanks for stopping by Cameron ^_^

I am led to believe that the gaining of Clark became a family affair, with Cam's daughter picking up the appropriate paperwork in Perth to gain signatures. To all and sundry - great work Dees & THANK YOU ALL.

I have alot of appreciation and respect for Schwab he copped it hard mid year.

Without him we may still be in debt

Wouldnt have a great major sponsor

May not have Mitch Clark ect

He has reinvented the Clubs image

Alot of good things have come from this man

On Trade Week Radio Harrington was saying that we were just paying 92.5% of TPP even after Clarke.

Schwabb can take some credit for putting us in that position. Could be a reason the playing group aren't too keen on him.

Well, judging from this years performances, we've only got monkeys to work with, so it makes sense that they've been payed peanuts.

He certainly is passionate about the place, and I hope his relationship with others at the club is better now.

We might not know for certain what happened the days leading up to 186 but whether or not Cameron is here come next trade week it is safe to say that he will be remembered as a very effective CEO.

I'd bet a whole desk on it...

Edited by rpfc

I have alot of appreciation and respect for Schwab he copped it hard mid year.

Without him we may still be in debt

Wouldnt have a great major sponsor

May not have Mitch Clark ect

He has reinvented the Clubs image

Alot of good things have come from this man

Some of those have come from supporters.

Regardless of what happens this year, if it was true that the Board were going to sack Schwab and cut the Coach instead I would have thought the future beyond the term of his current contract is murky indeed.

Cameron Schwab absolutely deserves bucketloads of credit for the goings on of the last 4 or so weeks. To think that, due to what seems to be a few petulant players, his head was on the block a couple months back. Ludicrous. This bloke cares so much for this footy club, and has the business accumen to go along with it. Cheers to you Cameron, I have no doubt that without you, we would be in debt, probably still at the Junction Oval, have an average list and be staring down the barrel of oblivion. Jimmy rightly gets a hell of alot of credit for the good that has happened at this club recently, and for some reason Cameron has copped the credit for the bad. Well no more as far as I'm concerned. This is a combined effort by Jim and Cameron, and the Board of the MFC. The good things of the last month are an absolute credit to all of you. Thank you.

• Like 1

Apparently Cameron, mark Neeld jade rawlings and i think harrngton all shot up to brisvegas and bunked in a cheap motel for the night, going to a nice hotel for a meeting the next day!! Got the job done though....thanks Cam and all involved..now let's make it work.

The effect that this man has had on the club over the past few months ... understated cannot be.

1_PC050811SG 13.jpg

• Like 2

The effect that this man has had on the club over the past few months ... understated cannot be.

1_PC050811SG 13.jpg

I totally agree Yoda. That was his first morning as i recall. Exactly what was needed, G Lyon would be stoked at how the weekend progressed.

Some of those have come from supporters.

Regardless of what happens this year, if it was true that the Board were going to sack Schwab and cut the Coach instead I would have thought the future beyond the term of his current contract is murky indeed.

Unless, as I suspect, it was a "fight" between CEO and FD/Bailey for who was holding us back. In which case, his position and power base may be stronger than ever. As it ought to be.

Choko, If anything Bailey was no match for Schwab and Connolly. The issue was with Schwab and the Board. They were prepared to almost cut him. I think its a tenuous r/ship at best and not made for the LT.

I think Schwab has done some things well but he has also gaffed along the way clearly to the dismay of the Board. Schwab was up to his armpits in the FD. When Stynes announced he was taking control of the football department in May, I would have thought it was not a good sign for Schwab.

Choko, If anything Bailey was no match for Schwab and Connolly. The issue was with Schwab and the Board. They were prepared to almost cut him. I think its a tenuous r/ship at best and not made for the LT.

I think Schwab has done some things well but he has also gaffed along the way clearly to the dismay of the Board. Schwab was up to his armpits in the FD. When Stynes announced he was taking control of the football department in May, I would have thought it was not a good sign for Schwab.

That's almost how I read it. No question that Schwab was seen by the Board as being too hands on with the FD, but perhaps he was justified when you look at who copped the bullet and the performance of the FD. I think the Board was told two versions of the same story. One by the FD, which included that CS should stay out, and one by CS, which was that he needed to intervene and we needed a re-structure.

I would hazard a guess that almost all of the reasons Schwab was telling the Board he was intervening because of have now been "moved on" - CC, DB, West, for example.

So I think he almost lost the Board (and the FD almost won), but in the end the Board realised (rightly or wrongly) that CS was more right than wrong.

As for his commercial input, he has been IMO the most successful CEO we have had in an extrememly long time, if not ever.

The fact that CS is still there & the FD has been cleaned out tells the story. I have no doubt there was tension between the 2 parties, but maybe CS just thought "someone has gotta do this and jimmy is too ill" maybe he went too hard with the right intensions?? Whatever it was, it has settled. If CS is replaced next year then the new boy better be a total genius!! I think CS has been fantastic

• Like 1

I didn't get why CS was the scapegoat earlier this year. Everything. That has gone well off field in the last 3 years he has orchestrated ... If he was axed I was going to have some bloody big questions to ask at the AGM next year ..... I'm a consultant and deal with similar types of people to cam and I can generally pick up if these types have a genuine idea and don't just rely on people around them to make them look good. Cam oozes charisma !

We all should be glad we have him !!

What are the detrimental things Schwab may have done at the MFC? they escape me?

I think some of the issues centred around focussing and being overly involved in the FD and not enough focus on the strategic issues that a CEO should be dealing with like raising revenue, controlling costs etc. His handling of a few matters in the Press could have been handled more diplomatically as well

That's almost how I read it. No question that Schwab was seen by the Board as being too hands on with the FD, but perhaps he was justified when you look at who copped the bullet and the performance of the FD. I think the Board was told two versions of the same story. One by the FD, which included that CS should stay out, and one by CS, which was that he needed to intervene and we needed a re-structure.

I would hazard a guess that almost all of the reasons Schwab was telling the Board he was intervening because of have now been "moved on" - CC, DB, West, for example.

So I think he almost lost the Board (and the FD almost won), but in the end the Board realised (rightly or wrongly) that CS was more right than wrong.

As for his commercial input, he has been IMO the most successful CEO we have had in an extrememly long time, if not ever.

From what i understand since the resignation of Anthony Leoncelli, there was no re appointment of a football director on the Board, CS was handling it. The only story the Board was hearing was CS's. No one from the FD was presenting to the Board just CS. Chris Connolly "headed" the Footy Dept this year. So it was definitely not a CS vs FD issue. it was clear CS did not support the Coach. And when Jimma took "control" of the Footy Department it was not a tick for CS.

I am not sure there has been a clean out of sorts. Cuddles is now in a commercial role. If the head coach is gone then it was likely that assis coaches out of contract were in trouble.

I think the scars of what happened up to and around 186 will leave the r/ship b/w Board and CEO dicey. This may be seen as criticism of the CEO performance but I should say that the performance of the Board in this issue has left alot to be desired in the lead up to 186.

As we give him credit for his part in everything it should be noted that he is not a volunteer in all this and I have a different view to CEO's in football to many - and I am sure Cameron.

If the board wish to save some cash and promote from within instead of paying for Schwab or a similarly waged individual I will completely understand as the major decisions will have already been made: head coach, head of FD, fitness staff, major sponsors, signing of KPF, and re-signings of key players (ie Trengove) will have been completed by the end of 2012.

These decisions require a great CEO.

But they are cyclical. And I would completely understand if the board decided to move on Cameron at the end of next year.

I don't believe CEO's run the club - I think that the Head Coach is the one who should have run of the place (assuming the board have faith in him).

I don't believe CEO's run the club - I think that the Head Coach is the one who should have run of the place (assuming the board have faith in him).

The head coach should only be focussed on the FD issues and even then today they have salaried mentors indicating that the role has expanded.

CEO's definitely have a role and say in the appointment of key Club Appointments. But it should be the Head of FD that should be running the FD. There should also be a Board director with football experience to provide a Board view on FD proceedings.

CEO's are ultimately responsible for the implementing the Board's vision and delivering on the bottom line across all departments. It would appear CS played in one sandpit more than others he should been attending to.

The fact that CS is still there & the FD has been cleaned out tells the story. I have no doubt there was tension between the 2 parties, but maybe CS just thought "someone has gotta do this and jimmy is too ill" maybe he went too hard with the right intensions?? Whatever it was, it has settled. If CS is replaced next year then the new boy better be a total genius!! I think CS has been fantastic

I'll go along with that, in the absence of any facts to the contrary. We have heard plenty of [censored] from Caroline Wilson about CS and some choose to accept that and report it as fact others look at what's transpired.

CS is still there BD is not, pretty simple really.

And I agree that Lord Lyon has done a great job in controlling the leaks from the club, sorting out the new coach and the new team at the club.

Thanks Garry.