2011 Player Review - # 29 Michael Newton ® 

Demonland

Yeah he's not up to it but so were quite a few more ( this year ) . There's some on the list that can count themselves lucky to be contracted next year .

He was huge that quarter..... could of kicked like 5-6 ended up with 1 or 2 "Classic JUICE"

Had 3 shots in the first 4 minutes reckon, barely anyone knew who he was, me and some other Melbourne supporter were the only ones yelling JUICE like he was a household name, loved it

Ha , might've been me .

A fella near us won $600 for him kicking the 1st goal .

Really hoped he'd take his oppurtunity that day ..... Not to be .

i will always remember for him running into an open goal against st kilda and not knowing what to do, and thus tried a snap from 5 metres out and missing it. classic juice.

I couldnt get to that game because i worked the evening..... pretty sure that was at about the most critical moment in the whole game. I got so so angry/upset... this could be me 100%:

It is all part of the ride though, imagine if he took his chances, CAREY like :o

I nearly hope he manages to convince Neeld he has all the talent haha good times

Edited by Jordie_tackles

Hell -- I hadn't really appreciated that that trio, who must, sadly, be amongst the most thyped yet greatest underachievers in a long time all came down in the same shower. How really disappointing.

I guess one big question to answer is -- how did we get them all so wrong in the one year, or was it some systemic inability to develop talent? If the latter, thankfully we have had a huge turnover off field and things can only get better.

I cannot recall them being hyped. They were all underage. Newton was always a punt. Was young and immature but had an interesting skill set. He just could not bring it together.

Bate and Dunn have been disappointing. Dunn from his first year when he would go for overheard marks at the front of the pack with his head down. Troubling. Wasted 1st round picks.

Apparently Mark Neeld sees the triple threat of Bate, Juice and Clark up front as too hard to resist...

Thr rumour I heard was that Ben Holland was fit and firing and thinking about nominating for the draft...Could it be a 4-pronged attack?

• Like 1

So,..... he hasnt been cut adrfit ?? :wacko::blink:

Unreal

Announced today; Johnstone (delisted) McNamara (delisted) Campbell (retired)....................

....waiting....waiting......Silence!

Has he pulled it off again? Has he fooled a 3rd Coaching Group?

Credit where credits due ... one of the great con-artists of all time. Wonder if he's still driving THAT car?

I'm thinking Neeld wants to give Juice a crack. Training doesn't start until November.

Second list lodgement is November 16th, before the draft on the 18th. If Juice wants a crack at the main draft, that's his chance (doubt he does though)

Third list lodgement is November 30th, ahead of the PSD and rookie drafts on Dec 13.

The coaches have nothing to lose by giving him a crack for two weeks. I think a decision will be made either way on the 16th - if they choose to hold onto him, they'll use the last pick in the draft to upgrade him, while if they decide to drop him they'll do it then as they surely wouldn't (can't? - not sure if you can use the PSD to upgrade rookies) wait until LL3 to choose.

Or the alternate - they just haven't decided yet. Still nearly 2 weeks.

I hear Newton maybe overseas and they are doing the right thing until he returns.

He wont get another rookie spot,

Striker I am not sure why they need to have 2 weeks to check him out. He has been in the system for 7 years and done nothing. What is there still to be known??

if overseas then yes thats the decent thing to do .

Whens he back lol ?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

GOLDIE'S METTLE by Meggs

On a perfect night for football at the home of the Redlegs, Norwood Oval, it was the visiting underdogs Melbourne who led all night and hung on to prevail in a 2-point nail-biter. In the previous round St Kilda had made it a tough physical game to help restrict Adelaide from scoring and so Mick Stinear set a similar strategy for his team. To win it would require every player to do their bit on the field plus a little bit of luck.  Fifty game milestoner Sinead Goldrick epitomised

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 1

2024 Player Reviews: #19 Josh Schache

Date of Birth: 21 August 1997 Height: 199cm   Games MFC 2024: 1 Career Total: 76   Goals MFC 2024: 0 Career Total: 75     Games CDFC 2024: 12 Goals CDFC 2024: 14   Originally selected to join the Brisbane Lions with the second pick in the 2015 AFL National Draft, Schache moved on to the Western Bulldogs and played in their 2021 defeat to Melbourne where he featured in a handful of games over the past two seasons. Was unable to command a

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 1

2024 Player Reviews: #21 Matthew Jefferson

Date of Birth: 8 March 2004 Height: 195cm   Games CDFC 2024: 17 Goals CDFC 2024: 29 The rangy young key forward was a first round pick two years ago is undergoing a long period of training for senior football. There were some promising developments during his season at Casey where he was their top goal kicker and finished third in its best & fairest.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 20

2024 Player Reviews: #23 Shane McAdam

Date of Birth: 28 May 1995 Height: 186cm Games MFC 2024: 3 Career Total: 53 Goals MFC 2024: 1 Career Total:  73 Games CDFC 2024: 11 Goals CDFC 2024: 21 Injuries meant a delayed start to his season and, although he showed his athleticism and his speed at times, he was unable to put it all together consistently. Needs to show much more in 2025 and a key will be his fitness.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 29

2024 Player Reviews: #43 Kyah Farris-White

Date of Birth: 2 January 2004 Height: 206cm   Games CDFC 2024: 4 Goals CDFC 2024:  1   Farris-White was recruited from basketball as a Category B rookie in the hope of turning him into an AFL quality ruckman but, after two seasons, the experiment failed to bear fruit.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 2

2024 Player Reviews: #44 Luker Kentfield

Date of Birth: 10 September 2005 Height: 194cm   Games CDFC 2024: 9 Goals CDFC 2024: 5   Drafted from WAFL club Subiaco in this year’s mid season draft, Kentfield was injured when he came to the club and needs a full season to prepare for the rigors of AFL football.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 8

REDLEG PRIDE by Meggs

Hump day mid-week footy at the Redlegs home ground is a great opportunity to build on our recent improved competitiveness playing in the red and blue.   The jumper has a few other colours this week with the rainbow Pride flag flying this round to celebrate people from all walks of life coming together, being accepted. AFLW has been a benchmark when it comes to inclusivity and a safe workplace.  The team will run out in a specially designed guernsey for this game and also the following week

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

REDEEMING by Meggs

It was such a balmy spring evening for this mid-week BNCA Pink Lady match at our favourite venue Ikon Park between two teams that had not won a game since round one.   After last week’s insipid bombing, the DeeArmy banner correctly deemanded that our players ‘go in hard, go in strong, go in fighting’, and girl they sure did!   The first quarter goals by Alyssa Bannan and Alyssia Pisano were simply stunning, and it was 4 goals to nil by half-time.   Kudos to Mick Stinear.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

REDEEM by Meggs

How will Mick Stinear and his dwindling list of fit and available Demons respond to last week’s 65-point capitulation to the Bombers, the team’s biggest loss in history?   As a minimum he will expect genuine effort from all of his players when Melbourne takes on the GWS Giants at Ikon Park this Thursday.  Happily, the ground remains a favourite Melbourne venue of players and spectators alike and will provide an opportunity for the Demons to redeem themselves. Injuries to star play

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!