NEW COACHES

jayceebee31

Thought the bloke on the extreme right was Popavalium Andropoff.

I for one would not challenge for an arm wrestle.

- Kelly O’Donnell – Pro scouting

- David Dunbar – Innovations Coach

- Fraser Carson - Mental Skills Coach

I'd love to see what the KPI's for these roles are (if any).

Kelly, you didnt manage to scout one mature player from another list - You're Fired!

"Mental Skills Coach haha classic

Apparently Ian Flack, who had a welfare/development role, with a special focus on working with the club's Aboriginal players, has been given the flick.

This will be a major setback for the club as Ian did a tremendous job and he was widely recognised amongst the AFL community for his leadership and expertise in this area. His replacement had better be damn good.

Apparently Ian Flack, who had a welfare/development role, with a special focus on working with the club's Aboriginal players, has been given the flick.

This will be a major setback for the club as Ian did a tremendous job and he was widely recognised amongst the AFL community for his leadership and expertise in this area. His replacement had better be damn good.

If someone is really good at a job, why then are they given the "Flick" Must have been doing something wrong or else a better person was found.

Is it for any particular reason?

I guess it's a bit of a dilema for a club such as Melbourne. Do we go out "on our own", or do we continue on with the likes of Casey. The obvious reasons for the alignment is the branding that we have in that demographic area, with the main goal of attracting new members, and with our increasing membership numbers, the work that is being done is obviously doing its job.

On the other hand, having a Melbourne reserves team, one that we control, and can elect to play at the MCG prior to the senior games, would this then have a positive impact in terms of crowd numbers?

I know times change, etc, but in the 80's and early 90's, going to watch 2 games of footy was quite a big drawcard.

Given the club wants to leave it's footprint in the greater Casey region over the next ~30 years as the club didn't grow out of a suburb as such, a stronger influence at Casey or one that it would have control over from a playing and development perspective would be ideal. Obtaining Brett Lovett as coach of Casey would be a small step in that direction. I would imagine that the club would like the idea of full control of it's VFL affiliate.

That's why I suggested elsewhere the Casey Demons.

I remember he was heavily involved Aussie's welfare after he lost his Dad and Maurice.

Maybe there won't be a replacement, if he was very good at what he did why would you replace him?

Why on earth would you consult with BOHDAN after 4 yaers of s&%t he gave us.

Is it too much to cut him from the list, or is he someones love child?

One a separate note, got a mate who at this very moment is at the pub in Richmond and has been joined by Jade Rawlings and Leigh Brown (friends of friends). Of course, I asked for news (especially on Watts). Both have said Watts is not nearly fit enough and needs to work much harder than he does. Doesn't go nearly hard enough on the track. Always the case for talented private school boys.

No doubt he, as well as others, are learning what it takes to train professionally.

Other than that, I am told they are both very impressive people (even at the pub!)

One a separate note, got a mate who at this very moment is at the pub in Richmond and has been joined by Jade Rawlings and Leigh Brown (friends of friends). Of course, I asked for news (especially on Watts). Both have said Watts is not nearly fit enough and needs to work much harder than he does. Doesn't go nearly hard enough on the track. Always the case for talented private school boys.

No doubt he, as well as others, are learning what it takes to train professionally.

Other than that, I am told they are both very impressive people (even at the pub!)

I find it very hard to believe that two new coaches would make comments like that. Furthermore, this is virtually his first full pre season.

Well, they did. Someone asked and they responded. No big deal I would've thought.

I await other thoughts whilst I will ask Jade on Monday next

I find it very hard to believe that two new coaches would make comments like that. Furthermore, this is virtually his first full pre season.

Evidently they did make comments like that, and furthermore the fact that it is virtually his full pre-season should make his inability to train to his utmost even more likely.

Leigh Brown would know what is required to be elite training. Jack will work harder i have no doubt.

Leigh Brown would know what is required to be elite training. Jack will work harder i have no doubt.

I agree- Brown was written up as the 5th Best No. 5 draft selection over the weekend. IF Jack Watts ends up the 5th best 1st pick then I will be happy!

Sure and to do that he must train harder. Watts would have been the first player Brown looked at, similiar roles in the forward line. Don't be upset if our new coaches give our list the Rocket. It's why we employed them. If Jack is smart he will listen and put his head down.

Edited by why you little

Apparently Ian Flack, who had a welfare/development role, with a special focus on working with the club's Aboriginal players, has been given the flick. This will be a major setback for the club as Ian did a tremendous job and he was widely recognised amongst the AFL community for his leadership and expertise in this area. His replacement had better be damn good.

I hope there is a replacement RudeBoy, do we know why Ian was given the flick?

What nonsense. The list of talented private school boys includes Chris Judd, Brendon Goddard, Cyril Rioli, Jobe Watson, Campbell Brown and many others. Which ones "don't go hard enough"?

What nonsense. The list of talented private school boys includes Chris Judd, Brendon Goddard, Cyril Rioli, Jobe Watson, Campbell Brown and many others. Which ones "don't go hard enough"?

Ok. Maybe not always the case. But I've seen it plenty of times before. They come from a different system (not necessarily through TAC cup etc) and find the workload much different. I believe Jack has even said this himself (not knowing all the drills etc). No doubt he'll get up to speed.

I suspect (and know) some of the list above were on scholarships and don't necessarily 'fit the mould'.

Ok. Maybe not always the case. But I've seen it plenty of times before. They come from a different system (not necessarily through TAC cup etc) and find the workload much different. I believe Jack has even said this himself (not knowing all the drills etc). No doubt he'll get up to speed.

I suspect (and know) some of the list above were on scholarships and don't necessarily 'fit the mould'.

wmth I thought most of top juniors played TAC before school footy, playing only a handlful of school footy games a year?

Neeld's on the record as saying it. Can't see why his two assistants would be afraid to say the same thing, albeit at the pub. Hardly controversial really - the entire AFL community probably thinks exactly the same thing.

Hurley was the number one pick from that draft, IMO. That said, I'm happy with Watts - but I want him to start to realise his potential for this club. Probably applies to a few others on the list too.

wmth I thought most of top juniors played TAC before school footy, playing only a handlful of school footy games a year?

Not always. Especially scholarship boys. Most schools require them to play the majority for them (Cyril, Goddard etc) given they are footing the bill. Not totally sure with Jack, but I know he played a fair few and seem to remember an article at the national champs where he was a bit lost during training.

The guy has dominated every competition he has played in and probably with little effort. He did play both footy and basketball for the majority. focusing full time on footy, and especially at this level, is probably something quite different.

Neeld's on the record as saying it. Can't see why his two assistants would be afraid to say the same thing, albeit at the pub. Hardly controversial really - the entire AFL community probably thinks exactly the same thing.

Hurley was the number one pick from that draft, IMO. That said, I'm happy with Watts - but I want him to start to realise his potential for this club. Probably applies to a few others on the list too.

Hardly. Didn't expect a stir at all. My mate's gf is a mad dees supporter so she practically had her note pad out while asking questions. Just watching him play, he can go a fraction harder. Talent is obvious.

I wouldn't say the comments are anythign to be concerned about. I am sure half a dozen players on the list are in the same boat (and probably from every club). Seem to be doing something about it however.