What does this say about the state of the MFC?

Striker475

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm, this situation says more about the Saints, Ross Lyon, and Freo than us...

Freo are getting their big boy pants! Coldblooded and efficient. They talked directly to Lyon. Unbelievable.

Lyon has not trusted his own management with this which tells me he didn't want this out in the open and wanted to keep those at the Saints with which he holds in such great regard (pffft) in the dark.

And the poor old Saints. You dither and you disrespect and you shouldn't do that. Have an idea of what you want to do and do it. But they should be better off getting a young coach in. They need to rebuild, I am sure they will try to get MM but whether Malthouse wants to rebuild Seaford is a hard sell...

As for the Demons - we look impotent but if we get who I want us to wait and get then we are Casanova with a bag of blue pills...

But I am concerned that this Burns/Craig notion is gathering legs. It's not a bad option in the slightest, but it isn't Malthouse.

We will see...

Methinks tonight's news says more about Ross Lyon than it does the MFC.

Saints v Freo at Etihad will be a sell out. I imagine the former inhabitants of the infamous animal cage at Moorabin will give Ross Lyon a very cheerful welcome.

Do we have any limited role player types we can send to Freo in return for one of their young stars.

It doesn't say anything about the MFC, striker it says to me you are a panic merchant

It says Ross Lyon was looking solely towards securing his future and started making his own deals 5 weeks ago, if the saints really wanted him that bad they would have offered him a big contract whenSaints were on that winning run, they only really sat down with him ove the last few days when the media frenzy led them to believe he was coming to us

It says Ross Lyon didn't trust Craig Kelly enough to keep the Dockers interest to himself as he also manages Harvey and it also says Freo bypassed Kelly also to make sure nothing got out

It says Freo are aware there window wont be open much longer either, Pavlich, McPharlin and Mundy are their main players and all in the twilight of their careers. I have seen plaenty of their kids at WAFL level and a lot of them just aren't up to it

It says the murmurings in Perth about player unrest at Freo with some eratic coaching decisions and his management of players returning from injury had a lot of truth to them

It says having a mining giant like Woodside as your major sponsor means you can pay ridiculous amounts for a coach

and it also says the only person who comes out of this with their credibility in tact is Mark Harvey, had his side not been decimated by injury this year they would have made the 8 and this thread would not be in existance

This means that MFC's decision to sack Bailey, is overshadowed by this disaster from Fremantle...For once we can leave the turmoil to other clubs..In this case Fremantle and St.Kilda.

We still have a lot to work through and until we secure a coach we will be in the media...

But there is definite questions on the nature of how this was handled from all parties for Fremantle, St.Kilda and Ross Lyon..

I can tell you that looking at Fremantle's Forum, there is a MASSIVE outcry with Harvey's sacking! Fremantle CEO Rosich, posted the below on Freo's Website :

“It was an extremely difficult decision to make but after lengthy consideration it is a decision that we believe is in the best interests of the long-term future of the Fremantle Football Club,” Rosich said.

“We are very grateful for everything that Mark has done during his six years at the club and wish Mark all the best for the future, both personally and professionally.”

Many Fremantle Members are posting the "tearing up my membership" saying CEO Rosich is a backstabber....Harvey was quite well liked it seems...And you have to admit he really did have a lot of injuries come finals time this season! Was very unlucky i think!

I am always for any news in the media that is NOT about Melbourne.....But, even still with this news it is about "Were Melbourne too slow to act to - get their man?" said Mike Sheehan! Until we get a coach, the speculation will end..

Edited by Tap..Tap..Tappy..

Ummm, this situation says more about the Saints, Ross Lyon, and Freo than us...

Freo are getting their big boy pants! Coldblooded and efficient. They talked directly to Lyon. Unbelievable.

Lyon has not trusted his own management with this which tells me he didn't want this out in the open and wanted to keep those at the Saints with which he holds in such great regard (pffft) in the dark.

And the poor old Saints. You dither and you disrespect and you shouldn't do that. Have an idea of what you want to do and do it. But they should be better off getting a young coach in. They need to rebuild, I am sure they will try to get MM but whether Malthouse wants to rebuild Seaford is a hard sell...

As for the Demons - we look impotent but if we get who I want us to wait and get then we are Casanova with a bag of blue pills...

But I am concerned that this Burns/Craig notion is gathering legs. It's not a bad option in the slightest, but it isn't Malthouse.

We will see...

Whilst this may be a little too messy for my liking I do like the ruthless nature of what Freo did and would like us to take a few notes.

Who says we don't have one already striker. I find it hard to believe that, as is being reported, Melbourne didn't even approach Lyon, we don't already have someone stitched up who we still cannot announce for one reason or the other. I just can't believe we are so amateur to let all this happen.

I prefer the ruthlessness of "if you want something, just go and get it"

Fremantle did this. And in a year or so, no one will give a hoot. Except maybe Elite Sports Properties Management.

I hope we've done something with Mick.

No i did not, i think Garry is ok.

If we did not offer Ross a deal then there never was one.

Garry said "We are very much on Track"

Fine with me.

First class performance by G. Lyon on the footy show last night. Now I'm not concerned, he'll get the job done.

What esle could R. Lyon do when ESP manage so many of the coaching fraternity. He handled the issue very well - in a buisnes sense. Smart guy.

Everyone is missing how stupid we all look - esp the media - missing this. and how well managed Freo must be to keep this quiet.

I can tell you that looking at Fremantle's Forum, there is a MASSIVE outcry with Harvey's sacking! Fremantle CEO Rosich, posted the below on Freo's Website :

“We are very grateful for everything that Mark has done during his six years at the club and wish Mark all the best for the future, both personally and professionally.”

Yes, and don't they have a wonderful way of expressing their gratitude. I would love to see Harvey get appointed to the Saints - would make next season's Etihad game all the more interesting.

I agree he had all the look of a man who knew exactly where he was at.

Very confident and not waver in his voice look straight at the camera.

I am after that interview even more convinced it is MM.

I said early I had not seen one grain of evidence that the MFC had made RL an offer and GL said that tonight.

It is MM and I will believe that until someone else is annnounced.

I hope you're right again. MM would be great.

I prefer the ruthlessness of "if you want something, just go and get it"

Fremantle did this. And in a year or so, no one will give a hoot. Except maybe Elite Sports Properties Management.

I hope we've done something with Mick.

Freo and Lyon deserve each other, both boring and crap

It's very easy for a club to approach a player or a coach and still be able to deny that they have approached the player or coach.

They simply speak to the player or coach's agent and ask 'would he be interested?'. They get a response and move on from there. If they can't agree terms, then they can still deny that they have ever spoken to the player or coach because it's all done through intermediataries.

The information often gets leaked to the media by agents who are looking to pump up the price of the player or agent. For example, GWS probably spoke to $cully's agent in March, asked if he'd be interested in coming for $5m over years. The agent then leaks that to the media to bump up Melbourne's offer. GWS feel under pressure and offer $cully $6m to get him to sign. The same sort of thing probably happened with Lyon and Clarkson. Melbourne made enquiries with their agents, their agents leaked the information and as a result, they received better deals at Freo and Clarkson respectively.

Geez we've dodged a lot of bullets lately :unsure:

TS - overpriced, injury ridden pygmy who can't kick

AC - cosy, old-mates-club mafia cultural mediocrity

RL - treacherous, back-stabbing, two-timing narcissist loser

DB - Mr Nice-Guy with no game plan who couldn't spell press

if we continue to dodge bullets we'll be left with Toddy and Cale B)

SMOFA

Edited by daisycutter