The New Sponsors

beelzebub

How do you explain that Footscray also interviewd Energy Watch and did due diligence re this possible sponsorship? They then wished the MFC "good luck" re taking this whole shemozzle on!!!!!!!!

Who is ultimately responsible for this ?????????

Sack him!!!

Source?

And it has been mentioned? 3 national sporting organisations accepted the same sponsorship we did.

And even more relevant 3 Billion dollar companies

Surely they cant all have avoided due diligence?

Source?

And it has been mentioned? 3 national sporting organisations accepted the same sponsorship we did.

And even more relevant 3 Billion dollar companies

Surely they cant all have avoided due diligence?

I'm also curious about due diligence on the FB page

1] was it under his real name?

2] was it secured for friends only?

3] who hacked/leaked his FB page?

I suspect it was not such an easy thing as just check his FB page

In future are we now expected to check the FB pages of all execs and board members of any prospective sponsor?

The only other suggested reason came from PJ 12345 and that was 'crap happens' - an explanation I find marginally under-argued. If it's not a lack of 'due diligence' on the part of these organizations, what can it be? Large companies will often use PR agencies to seek out sponsorship opportunities. If that was the case, who knows how it would have been pitched?

At the end of the day, the MFC reputation is in the care of the MFC and that's why it's hugely important that it is not exposed in this way again.

The only other suggested reason came from PJ 12345 and that was 'crap happens' - an explanation I find marginally under-argued. If it's not a lack of 'due diligence' on the part of these organizations, what can it be? Large companies will often use PR agencies to seek out sponsorship opportunities. If that was the case, who knows how it would have been pitched?

At the end of the day, the MFC reputation is in the care of the MFC and that's why it's hugely important that it is not exposed in this way again.

The failure of the sponsorship has come from EW's side, in an unforseeable way - that's where I've got my crap happens.

Edited by PJ_12345

Oddly enough, it wasn't me who raised the Footscray involvement. It was another poster. Also I think you'll find I haven't called for anyone to be fired, merely to say that the FOJ sponsorship strategy was flawed and that a careful examination of EW and it's principals would have rung alarm bells. The person accountable for these decisions would be the CEO.

Due diligence is the description of the activities that an organisation needs to undertake when considering entering into a commercial relationship with another entity. The point of the exercise is to make sure that the other organization satisfies the needs of your own organization. The lack of this seems to be the only rational explanation for what's happened.

Oddly enough, it wasn't me who raised the Footscray involvement. It was another poster. Also I think you'll find I haven't called for anyone to be fired, merely to say that the FOJ sponsorship strategy was flawed and that a careful examination of EW and it's principals would have rung alarm bells. The person accountable for these decisions would be the CEO.

Due diligence is the description of the activities that an organisation needs to undertake when considering entering into a commercial relationship with another entity. The point of the exercise is to make sure that the other organization satisfies the needs of your own organization. The lack of this seems to be the only rational explanation for what's happened.

Whoops sorry, was trolling without looking!

I understand due dilligance, but I think it's unreasonable for this to have been extended to Polis' Facebook.

I think enough due dilligance was done from both victory, the rebels and the dees. No one could have foreseen this and no organisation would look kindly to your more invasive due dilligance

Thanks PJ. Easily done.

As other posters have already said, even without the Facebook rants, his previous business/commercial shortcomings would have been readily available and should have set off the alarms. I can't believe that you or I would have made the same error and, if we had, we would have expected consequences. Certainly, I think it's now been proven that a closer eye needs to be kept on the CEO's performance.

Given that CS posted on DL recently, there's no reason why he couldn't come on again and explain what went wrong and reassure the supporters about where our sponsorship strategy will be taking us.

Thanks PJ. Easily done.

As other posters have already said, even without the Facebook rants, his previous business/commercial shortcomings would have been readily available and should have set off the alarms. I can't believe that you or I would have made the same error and, if we had, we would have expected consequences. Certainly, I think it's now been proven that a closer eye needs to be kept on the CEO's performance.

Given that CS posted on DL recently, there's no reason why he couldn't come on again and explain what went wrong and reassure the supporters about where our sponsorship strategy will be taking us.

Yeah, he should start a FB Page to discuss his Job performance and why he shouldn't resign so he can argue it with all the muppits.....WTF

To his credit, he didn't seem to have the same concerns that you mention two weeks ago when he posted.

There are always going to be people who'll criticise irrationally but that'll just a fact of life. Having said that, everyone (including CS) is entitled to an opinion and frankly, I just read and then ignore the ones I don't think make sense. Surely others could do the same.

Many DL readers and posters are members so I would think that it would be a useful forum to, when appropriate, communicate through. It's obvious to me that there is no shortage of passion & loyalty amongst all of the DL mob and it should be seen as a positive rather than some sort of threat.

Yeah, he should start a FB Page to discuss his Job performance and why he shouldn't resign so he can argue it with all the muppits.....WTF

Agree Daisy

Ps the moderators can always deal with any hurtful or irrational posters

Actually we have better things to do .......

like watch re runs of past Subiaco games.

We would actually hope that such posters would look after themselves.

Thanks PJ. Easily done.

Fair point about Polis' previous companies.

For me the dramatic and amazing downfall is enough for me to assume it was an unforseeable and rare (you would hope so) event!

Eddie and his guest Harold Mitchell, have committed to get us two sponsors by the end of the week. No idea how to take it. Playing for Vlad's job?

Is on his Fox Footy show at the moment.

Edited by Flying Cloud
  • Like 1

Eddie and his guest Harold Mitchell, have committed to get us two sponsors by the end of the week. No idea how to take it. Playing for Vlad's job?

Totally don't know how to take it either! Seemed dead set serious about it too. The conspiracy theorists will have a field day with this!

• Like 1

Respect to Eddie & Harold for wanting to help the MFC, I hope we take on board any help that is offered AND use it IF we can.

ps. no conspiracies pls

Edited by Flemo56

Eddie seemed dead serious about it in th Hun a couple of days ago. Don't quite know what to make of it - my gut feel is he genuinely wants to help

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/melbourne-needs-our-help-says-eddie-mcguire/story-fnctrk3q-1226320149529

One of the biggest and powerful men in the media industry.

Google him.

Cool i will thanks. As those people tend to be my bosses sitting high up in tall buildings, i tend to be sceptical to most.

But we have been kicked hard lately.

Respect to Eddie & Harold for wanting to help the MFC, I hope we take on board any help that is offered AND use it IF we can.

ps. no conspiracies pls

Seriously no conspiracies? Wasn't that long ago that Ed was threatening to take our sponsors from us. I believe Ed only wants to help for the sake of Ed. He would bask in the fact that he would believe he saved the MFC. I can't stand his EMT show its the only show I don't watch on Fox the show should be called EPA: Eddie's Personal Agenda.

Seriously no conspiracies? Wasn't that long ago that Ed was threatening to take our sponsors from us. I believe Ed only wants to help for the sake of Ed. He would bask in the fact that he would believe he saved the MFC. I can't stand his EMT show its the only show I don't watch on Fox the show should be called EPA: Eddie's Personal Agenda.

I am very wary of Eddie in terms of our club. It was he that started the $cully circus. And if Eddie helps you can be dam sure there will be quiet provisos as to how we deal with his club.

Eddie threatened war only 1-2 months ago.

Be wary Demons FFS.

• Like 1

Some of you dreamers on here don't watch too many sports shows or just simply keep watching the cartoons. Ch 7 today (BT & his mate Darcy) spoke of the deal re EW and the fact that Footscray were smart enough to avoid them. Schwabb has had a year of epic fails, so you smoothsayers just want to ignore this fact and remain in reverse for another year. Get a grip on reality boys, easy to say keyboard warriors do this and do that, but where has it all got us with CS. Energy watch were not checked properly by us or Victory or the Rebels. We all made the same blunder...............fact. Footscray did not...............fact. Polis and his previous business efforts were just plain thin ice stuff, it was all there for anyone to check on!! Hello Schwabb. Does the truth hurt or are you just oblivious to the obvious. You need stronger facts, petals! This is the sort of stuff big wages are paid to senior management to ensure due diligence is always adhered to. Jeez we are rank amateurs in this regard.

• Like 1