Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

Lets face it he has treated us like fools. Is he now trying to convince people that he only made the decision overnight. Give me a spell. Your mind was made up before that. You dont make a decision like that overnight.

What 20 year old wouldnt take a job where you get 2 mill in your first season but lets face it he isnt worth that. He is so far off being in a Judd/Ablett category.

The question is does he attend our b&f because I reckon Moloney will win it and I think he may have some advice for Tom like he did for Brock a few years ago.

Anyway Tom I hope your knee holds up next year because I think a few boys will be gunning for you.

Mike Sheehan said today he never htought Scully embraced melbourne and the culture. Matty Lloyd said he will get a bigger shock living in the west.

On SEN they said that when the announcemnt is made Tom and his family will be climbing the bridge. Not sure how much of that is true and how they would know that but he will be even more gutless if he wont be there to answer questions.

Peoples dont say you wont renew your membership. Re-sign to show your support for the people that did. Trengove, Sylvia, Gawn and the others.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES GUYS....DO NOT CANCEL MEMBERSHIPS.

BUY MORE....WE MUST GET STRONGER OUT OF THIS.....MUCH STRONGER

Great call I'll be buying one more for the missus who barracks for the saints.

Tom Scully's image is about to be expunged from the Demonland masthead.

I like the suggestion made by one poster of elongating his nose Pinocchio style but in the end decided that it lacked the class that a supporter site representing a football club of more than a century and a half of tradition warranted.

Scully's image will soon be replaced by one of the club's loyal servants and a man who will lead this club to many victories over the sham of a club his former teammate has just joined.

... pretty gutted, won't begrudge him from taking the money as it is a stupid, ridiculous amount to throw at a kid with 30 games behind him.

I DO begrudge the AFL, and Demitriou though, the way they keep claiming they didn't make the rules and the clubs signed off on it is pathetic and weak.

I also begrudge how Scully and his management handled it. Ward and Davis have a lot more respect out of their way of handling things than our "former" player did.

GO DEES!!!!!

How many membership renewals are being sent back to the club today?

I am sure they will be flooded with memberships when the new coach is signed.

Scull is one player and as we all know one player does not make the team especially when that player has played 30 odd average games and has a dinky knee.

Gutted. It's a stake to the heart and I am glad that the club informed us as soon as they knew - there was no subterfuge.

I will boo the kid - that is what sport is about. Booing is fine, anything more than that is not.

But outside of the two games we play them - we have to move on.

We are not going to get better as a club by dwelling on why we lost the kid.

So let's get the recriminations out of the way and then go into our most important trade week in its short history.

We need to get a hardened midfielder to replace Scully. And if we can get some older heads aswell then that is great.

I don't know what is available but if we don't get that midfielder with the comp picks we will have pushed back our window a year, it is just the way it is.

I don't say this a lot, but...

Go the Fracking Dees.

Well said my friend. You have stuck by Tom this year too, and have defended him countless times, so I can understand your hurt at this point.

I am so [censored] of i cant even work !!

What a COWARD !! Grow some balls Tom . . .

Disgusting display of loyalty !!

Thanks for crapping all over our most regarded number of all time !!

Lets put the 31 under lock and key until some actually deserves it

If he is truly gone then

I can forgive his two years of no contribution (had injuries after all)....

I can forgive him taking the money & going (it's a once in a lifetime chance)....

But

The way he has gone about it is sickening.

Unlike Ward & Davis he has totally disrespected the club & supporters.

I don't forgive that....

Guest Thomo

It seems the MFC have been naive through this whole thing. Other clubs put the hard word on and got answers, MFC got played. It was clear that he was a liar when Silvagni said that they offered him a contract last year.

Scully showed what type of person he is by not doing interviews all year and forcing his teammates to answer the constant questions.

GOOD ON TOM FOR ACCEPTING THE GWS OFFER... I WOULD HAVE.

YOU CANT BLAME THE KID. HE HAS JUST WON LOTTO!!!

NOT SUCH A BAD THING FOR THE MFC. REALLY!!!

DODGY KNEE & NOT PROVEN AS A FOOTBALLER AS YET. A HUGE GAMBLE I THINK ON GWS BEHALF.

INFLATION HAS GONE THROUGH THE ROOF!!!

GOOD LUCK TOM!

SMART DECISION...

Well done Tom you have officially sold your soul, limited your career, lost respect from all your peers and become Sheedys little bi*tch!!

Hope your money helps you sleep at night because you clearly have no morals.

This germ is the ultimate professional? What a joke. He is nothing but a greedy child.

nothing but a scumbag and by looking at his old man he needs the money to feed the fat bastard

I just cannot work out why the MFC have not come out on the front foot...Why should MY club KowTow to a GWS Press Conference.

What is the MFC? If they knew anything about this signing why didn't they make noise to the Members????

Not Happy Jan.

Paid up for 2012 btw.

The club has. They 'tweeted' it an hour ago and it has since been reported on radio. They should wait now until Scully says his bit before responding. There may be issues in the GWS presser which we need to respond to.

GOOD ON TOM FOR ACCEPTING THE GWS OFFER... I WOULD HAVE.

YOU CANT BLAME THE KID. HE HAS JUST WON LOTTO!!!

NOT SUCH A BAD THING FOR THE MFC. REALLY!!!

DODGY KNEE & NOT PROVEN AS A FOOTBALLER AS YET. A HUGE GAMBLE I THINK ON GWS BEHALF.

INFLATION HAS GONE THROUGH THE ROOF!!!

GOOD LUCK TOM!

SMART DECISION...

you really love the club don't you buddy..NOT

If he is truly gone then

I can forgive his two years of no contribution (had injuries after all)....

I can forgive him taking the money & going (it's a once in a lifetime chance)....

But

The way he has gone about it is sickening.

Unlike Ward & Davis he has totally disrespected the club & supporters.

I don't forgive that....

I actually don't get it.

The system is the problem. What's Tom meant to have done differently? AFL is littered with players who are intending to play elsewhere, but are in a certain jumper at the time.

The reality is, he didn't want to put himself in a compromised position during the season, but he didn't want to shut the door on the opportunity to earn a f*ckload of cash. So he played coy. What Davis did the club didn't even see coming! What Ward did was similar to Scully, without the fanfare of him being a 1st rounder. What Gunston did today to the Crows was far far worse - he actually led the club on and then blind sided them totally.

Move on!

Edited by Choko

Clock’s ticking

People thinking

Surely that the time’s a’nearing

Phones ringing

Gubby-Sheedy hands wringing

Some supporters, still clinging

Scully visits ,family bringing

In reality hes quite willing

Always been about the shilling

Crowd milling

News is spilling

Very soon that girl be singing

Clock ticking

Clock ticking

The club has. They 'tweeted' it an hour ago and it has since been reported on radio. They should wait now until Scully says his bit before responding. There may be issues in the GWS presser which we need to respond to.

"Tweeting" doesn't count in my book, but i take your point

You can not blame him for taking the money.

Whats got my goat is all the BS in getting to the decision thats what has hurt him imo.

Its not the end of the world and will galvanize all Dees supporters.

Renew your membership we support the CLUB not the individual.

Glad its all over and we can move forward.