bandicoot

• Colin Sylvia BOG
  • Cale Morton gaining some confidence
  • Frawley beating Reiwoldt
  • Bartram nullifying Cotchin
  • Another game into the 11 under 50 gamers

+ 1

Sylvia get a good preseason into you and do this regularly

Cale Morton needs to play the last 2 games, if a good trade is offered we can take it if not it's not the end of the world a few years ago he was one of our best kids

Frawley has beaten Reiwoldt on most occassions, to strong and quick for him, Carey was the best I ever seen but Jakovich always had the better of him, I hope this rivalry goes the same not by any stretch putting Reiwoldt into the Carey level

Bartram nullified 2 quality players in a row now, Thats what he is there for not to kick goals yes that is a fault but see where he is at next week put him on Ablett

11 under 50 gamers who on the majority are stepping up Changing of the guard, we are heading closer to the 22-28 regulars who will take us to regular finals and Top 4

My wife was extremely ill yesterday, causing this to be the first match in Melbourne that I missed for the year.

To clarify missing the match was the positive, not that my wife was ill. :P

Guest Deefence

Bartram nullified 2 quality players in a row now, Thats what he is there for not to kick goals yes that is a fault but see where he is at next week put him on Ablett

Will play on Ablett, and if he plays as well as he has the last two matches, will do very well on him. Looks like Todd has managed to get this kid back in a position he can play!

I think the big positive to come from this year is we rely on pure talent to play well and when we get on top our talent is very good. The next step is to add structure into our game and when you add talent and structure together we will have a very good team.

Unfortunately talent alone doesn't win matches anymore.

I think the big positive to come from this year is we rely on pure talent to play well and when we get on top our talent is very good. The next step is to add structure into our game and when you add talent and structure together we will have a very good team.

Unfortunately talent alone doesn't win matches anymore.

So true of yesterdays game. I would like to see how Viney would go as the coach, He has tried to change things around in 10 days. Also need a good forward coach, Lyon could really help out there.

So true of yesterdays game. I would like to see how Viney would go as the coach, He has tried to change things around in 10 days. Also need a good forward coach, Lyon could really help out there.

I think Todd realises his limitations.

He won't coach in 2012.

And Lyon can mentor Watts and Co., but let's poach a forwards coach from somewhere.

I think Todd realises his limitations.

He won't coach in 2012.

And Lyon can mentor Watts and Co., but let's poach a forwards coach from somewhere.

Our forward line is very effective, we would be in the top five in the AFL for goals kicked per forward entry, our issue is we can't get in our forward 50m arc enough and at the moment can't stop teams scoring against us. We also have a lot of shallow forward 50m entries by that we only just get inside the forward 50m arc say 40-50m out a better stat would be forward 35m entries.

Our midfield and structures are our main issues

When the ball was bouncing toward goal and went through for a point and the goal umpire was about to signal point when....suddenly!... Jordie McKenzie went into a Wormhole and reversed time and space then came out the other end of the Wormhole with the ball before it had gone through and tapped it to Jack Watts for a Goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More of this please.

Our forward line is very effective, we would be in the top five in the AFL for goals kicked per forward entry, our issue is we can't get in our forward 50m arc enough and at the moment can't stop teams scoring against us. We also have a lot of shallow forward 50m entries by that we only just get inside the forward 50m arc say 40-50m out a better stat would be forward 35m entries.

No our forward line is very dangerous. But they are highly dysfunctional. The forwards have a lot of responsibility for why the ball doesn't go in there and why it goes out so easily.

Will play on Ablett, and if he plays as well as he has the last two matches, will do very well on him. Looks like Todd has managed to get this kid back in a position he can play!

I am up for the feel of this Post & enjoy positives however lets keep it real.

Gary Ablett will destroy Clint Bartram.

The man is a goddamn superstar freak.

Now a positive would be if Gary announces he wants out of Gold Coast @ yars end & is headed for The Demons

to play under new 2012 Coach Mick Malthouse

How did I do?

I am up for the feel of this Post & enjoy positives however lets keep it real.

Gary Ablett will destroy Clint Bartram.

The man is a goddamn superstar freak.

Now a positive would be if Gary announces he wants out of Gold Coast @ yars end & is headed for The Demons

to play under new 2012 Coach Mick Malthouse

How did I do?

OMR I think you should stop drinking so much on Monday nights it is bad for your healthy and causes delusions.

However we are good at delusion at the MFC.

They do help to get you through many winters

Sorry to be a downer, but Sylvia does this every time against Richmond. Do it against every team, anywhere. He's been there almost eight years. Time to tear games apart regularly.

You have a source for this stat please drd?

Just wondering if it's based on what you've seen somewhere.

You're correct re lack of entries, the Demons rank 13th for total inside 50s behind Adelaide (10th), Richmond (11th)) and St Kilda (12th).

To be sitting below St Kilda is a little on the scary side for me as they play a fortress style, hence you'd expect them to be in the lower quartiles.

The top 5 teams for entries inside 50 are.... Collingwood, Geelong (no surprises in those two), Carlton, Essendon and North. Hawks only a few stats behind North in 6th rank.

The Saints being the only team presently in the top 8 who rank below the top 8 on this stat, sitting in 12th place.

Our forward line might be effective once we mark the ball i50, ie., conversion....but we rank 9th in the league for marks i50. I guess that's correlated to the number of entries though so would need to see a ratio on that one to better understand where we're at.

Love to see the shallow versus deep entry stats you're discussing up there too, as well as shots on goal within (and just outside) the ark. We're actually not as bad as i thought re hitting up a target either inside 50. Ranked 9th.

One of the issues we've had all year though IMO is our inability to lock ball in there once the ball hits the turf and lack of crumbing quick smalls to take advantage of it when it does. We rank 14th in tackles i50, although i'd prefer to see an 'effective' tackles i50 stat.

One stat that seems to be quite positive for us is the effective disposal percentage where we are sitting 6th, ahead of Carlton, Essendon and West Coast.

A few others that surprised me.....

Contested marks...8th

Centre bounce clearances ... 8th (1 behind the Pies!). I guess it's what you do afterwards and who you're getting it to that counts lol.

Clangers...5th least offender here.

One stat i'd definitely like us to improve on a little though....50 meter penalties against. Ranked 1st lol.

Stats: Courtesy of AFL Stats and Pro Stats

Edited by Rusty Nails

+ 1

Cale Morton needs to play the last 2 games, if a good trade is offered we can take it if not it's not the end of the world a few years ago he was one of our best kids

Frawley has beaten Reiwoldt on most occassions, to strong and quick for him, Carey was the best I ever seen but Jakovich always had the better of him, I hope this rivalry goes the same not by any stretch putting Reiwoldt into the Carey level

11 under 50 gamers who on the majority are stepping up Changing of the guard, we are heading closer to the 22-28 regulars who will take us to regular finals and Top 4

We have a low bar. Bartram keeping Cotchin to mid teen possessions? and Kerr to similar, both of whom still kicked goals needs to be compared with Hawks Lewis who himself did similar to Judd but also collected 30 possessions himself. The difference between expectations of a mid to low level team and top four team. The obvious is stunning, but many still in denial over Bartrams significance

+ 1

We have a low bar. Bartram keeping Cotchin to mid teen possessions? and Kerr to similar, both of whom still kicked goals needs to be compared with Hawks Lewis who himself did similar to Judd but also collected 30 possessions himself. The difference between expectations of a mid to low level team and top four team. The obvious is stunning, but many still in denial over Bartrams significance

+100

When will people realise our midfield are the problem. They have been pathetic. They cause most of the i50 entries in our defence because they are lazy - partic Beemer and Sylvia.

Positives....This Season 2011 is almost over.

Annus Horribilous

That is all.

Yep.....on field, that pretty much sums up this year for me WYL.

Apart from a few of the younger players developing their game a little and an extra 10 - 20 games into some.

There were plenty of positives off field early......and then there was....well...ahem.

Oh, and Jimma's efforts this year. The biggest inspiration off field for me.

Guest lambtotheslaughter

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I could have put more but that would be unrealistic