The Tom Scully Saga © continues ...

old55

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS can we close the Scully threads until an announcemnet is made either way, nothing we say or do will change whatever decision is to be made.

Easier said than done.

We tried it but every time we closed down a Tom Scully thread, it was like a scene from the Terminator - the threads just arose from the dead and came back stronger than ever. We would really like to erase those Scully threads and consign them to the e-dustbin of history but we can't afford Arnold Schwarzenegger ATM.

By the sounds of the post, I think this is his source:

kim-jong-il-puppet-team-america.jpg

Kim Jong Il: Now you see, the changing of the worrd is inevitabre!

Lisa: I'm sorry, it's what?

Kim Jong Il: Inevit, inevitabre.

Lisa: One more time.

Kim Jong Il: [shouts] Inevitabre! Things are inevitabrey going to change! Goddamnit, open your [censored] ears!

I think we should respect Tom Scullys wishes and back off there is nothing to be gained from Speculation and Re action to the Media Tom Deserves this there is nothing to be gained by Bagging him.

Some good News is that Gary has spoken to Junior Mac to return to the Football Department next Season this would be great as Junior is very highly respected by all including Tom you never know this may help in keeping Tom, apparently Gary in his role is talking to a number ex Melbourne players to seek their advice and availability he is leaving no stone unturned in the quest to have a very strong and successful football department, my sources are the Mac Donald Family.

Edited by QueenC

I think we should respect Tom Scullys wishes and back off there is nothing to be gained from Speculation and Re action to the Media Tom Deserves this there is nothing to be gained by Bagging him.

Some good News is that Gary has spoken to Junior Mac to return to the Football Department next Season this would be great as Junior is very highly respected by all including Tom you never know this may help in keeping Tom, apparently Gary in his role is talking to a number ex Melbourne players to seek their advice and availability he is leaving no stone unturned in the quest to have a very strong and successful football department, my sources are the Mac Donald Family.

Would be great to have jnr back at the club. A heart as big as phar la, it would be great if his approach rubbed off on a few of the current players...

Would be great to have jnr back at the club. A heart as big as phar la, it would be great if his approach rubbed off on a few of the current players...

I hope he would be a great asset to the club but I am becoming a sceptic regarding "rubbing off".

We have one of the hardest players ever to pull on boots as our midfield coach ( West) and our head coach never took a backwards step. Even our head coach had little skill at his time at Essendon but was hard as nails at the ball.

The question is whether or not there is "rubbing off". ( on the flip side is Paul Roos who I loved as a footballer but had his team playing the exact opposite of he used to play as footballer).

The key is whether these coaches can motivate the players to play as they did.

Would it be better coming from the Mcdonald family?

I reckon GWS would also be courting Junior.

Guest Gareth Keenan

I reckon GWS would also be courting Junior.

I'm not sure what you're implying with this comment?

GWS had Junior work in a part-time mentor role for their kids still in melb.

That's a pretty basic role, which doesnt require much commitment to the club, or relocation.

I imagine that would be another kettle of fish entirely.

From what I know of him, I don't think he'd move interstate.

Kim Jong Il: Now you see, the changing of the worrd is inevitabre!

Lisa: I'm sorry, it's what?

Kim Jong Il: Inevit, inevitabre.

Lisa: One more time.

Kim Jong Il: [shouts] Inevitabre! Things are inevitabrey going to change! Goddamnit, open your [censored] ears!

haha, superb!

I copied this from Bigfooy

After reading this i have much better understanding of Tom Scully's situation, here take a read

Peter Blucher's view:

+Melbourne came along a couple of weeks ago with a new offer, and wanted an answer

+They then went to GWS to find out whether they were interested (they certainly were) and then asked them to put the offer in paper

+Tom has not been told what the GWS offer is and has asked NOT to know until the end of the season when he can concentrate on it

+Tom DOES know what the MFC offer is

+A decision will still be made at the end of the year, just like they said, but they now know what the offers are a little earlier than was planned

+Blucher is a big fan of Tom and says he is remarkably focussed on his footy and totally disinterested in media speculation.

+He tried to talk Tom out of waiting until the end of the year because he didn't think he would be able to cope but is blown away with how mature and professional he is

Quote:

"All we've said to Tom is "[The GWS contract] is a significant offer that warrants your consideration". His response was "At the right time, I'll see."

+Some factors which might affect his decision: Who the Melbourne coach will be, what the GWS facilities and structure will be whether Melbourne make the 8, free agency and the CBA, does he want to stay in Melbourne with his family and friends, does he like being in the Footy Capital or does he want to get away from it all. These won't be sorted until the end of the year, so we're happy to wait.

+Some of the people involved in the GCS offers rushed into decisions that they're unhappy with now, we want to avoid that with Tom.

+How much he gets in the contract is no one elses business, and never EVER trust dollar figures quoted in the papers

+Tom's not concerned about it and is one of the most resillient young men he's ever come across.

+When asked whether, if he signs for Melbourne, the other players will feel like he's been massively overpaid or even MFC might have done something sneaky to get him to stay... loooooong pause... Ummm... Ahhh... Look we... we haven't even thought about that.

+The Melbourne offer was bigger than Tom would ever even think of getting were it not for the GWS.

+Tom's really just a victim of the way the system has been set up, because it's putting undue pressure on him (even if he is ignoring it admirably and not letting it affect him)

+One of the interviewers thought that Blucher was the head of GWS recruiting for a bit, which was odd, then tried to cover it off as a hypothetical. Blucher would be disappointed, if he was the head of GWS recruiting, if Tom didn't give it due consideration. If he was Tom's dad, he'd also tell him to seriously consider it. Thankfully the hypothetical situations didn't go any further.

+Tom hasn't discussed it with his parents yet.

+What happens at Melbourne in the next 8 weeks is a big factor, in that it might show how close they are to a premiership

+Free agency will fuel this amount of speculation about heaps of players and may result in players being traded mid season and playing against their old clubs the next week. Blucher hates it, but says it's the way other sports have gone and might be where the AFL is headed

+Again, has HUGE wraps on Tom, his values, morals, attitude.

+Melbourne does not have a deadline on it's final offer, as GWS has been rumoured to do. No mention about a deadline for the GWS offer (personally think it unlikely)

+Melbourne hoped that by making their final offer rather early, that Tom would sign it after a little bit of consideration without hearing the GWS offer. Both Tom and Peter felt it wouldn't be right to make a decision without knowing what was on the table from GWS and, again, were unwilling to consider that before the end of the season.

+Decision to be made relatively quickly after the season, perhaps within a week or two

Guest Lone Wolf

I copied this from Bigfooy

After reading this i have much better understanding of Tom Scully's situation, here take a read

Peter Blucher's view:

It's from the interview on 6pr that was posted on D'land some weeks ago.

+What happens at Melbourne in the next 8 weeks is a big factor, in that it might show how close they are to a premiership

Until recently i thought that Tom would stay. I believed his best chance of winning a premiership medal in the next 5 years was with the Dees rather than GWS.

Sadly our recent performance on and off the field has been so poor, so unprofessional, that we don't deserve him at the moment. How on earth did Cameron Schwab save his position at the club? He was gone on the Sunday following the Geelong debacle.

It's not done and dusted. The article confirms that he hasn't made a decision. Sounds like all the rumours have come from GWS - stirring the pot. Even Ox recently admitted that he had not spoken to anyone from Melbourne when he said he was 98% sure Scully would leave.

We might be able to save him if we get the right coaching panel, and we fix our administration, and we win the last 3 games, but that's unlikely. We are so down on confidence that we could lose all 3. If that happens, say goodbye to Tom, Colin, Cale and anyone else out of contract.

Until recently i thought that Tom would stay. I believed his best chance of winning a premiership medal in the next 5 years was with the Dees rather than GWS.

Sadly our recent performance on and off the field has been so poor, so unprofessional, that we don't deserve him at the moment. How on earth did Cameron Schwab save his position at the club? He was gone on the Sunday following the Geelong debacle.

It's not done and dusted. The article confirms that he hasn't made a decision. Sounds like all the rumours have come from GWS - stirring the pot. Even Ox recently admitted that he had not spoken to anyone from Melbourne when he said he was 98% sure Scully would leave.

We might be able to save him if we get the right coaching panel, and we fix our administration, and we win the last 3 games, but that's unlikely. We are so down on confidence that we could lose all 3. If that happens, say goodbye to Tom, Colin, Cale and anyone else out of contract.

I hear good things in regard to Col's situation - likelihood of signing on is 90%. That's from someone close to him. At one point, and I believe this person, it was a 50-50 proposition.

My my haven't we all stopped talking about GWScully it seems as if those that weren't convinced already that he wasn't that good, now are.

I reckon we hire a team of lawyers to ensure that

1. GWS can't get out of the contract.

2. Adrian Anderson makes good with the promise of 2 first round picks.

Then we go about our business happy in the fact we've dodged a bullet.