SEN this mornimg.....

jumbo returns

KB reported that he ran into a prominent businessman last night at the soccer.

This businessman was also a very influential Dees supporter.

When quizzed by KB, the call was...'we've got too many other good players to worry about, BUT we're all about MTM.....'

When translated the acronym stands for MALTHOUSE TO MELBOURNE.

Interesting....the thought is that Malthouse will generate his own salary by the number of new members he would attract.

Thoughts?

that or he's a great fan of Mary Tyler Moore ^_^

KB reported that he ran into a prominent businessman last night at the soccer.

This businessman was also a very influential Dees supporter.

When quizzed by KB, the call was...'we've got too many other good players to worry about, BUT we're all about MTM.....'

When translated the acronym stands for MALTHOUSE TO MELBOURNE.

Interesting....the thought is that Malthouse will generate his own salary by the number of new members he would attract.

Thoughts?

I still remember the last messiah episode in 1981 ending very poorly, with the coach becoming increasingly agitated by his non-performing cattle. imagine the camera shot to malthouse in the box if we were 70 points down at Paterson's Stadium.

Guest The Tweed Pig

I still remember the last messiah episode in 1981 ending very poorly, with the coach becoming increasingly agitated by his non-performing cattle. imagine the camera shot to malthouse in the box if we were 70 points down at Paterson's Stadium.

But of course. Because there wasn't success 30 years ago it's doomed to fail again.

Although many credit Barassi for paving the way for Northey.

I heard this too this morning. I just wonder how prominent.

Bailey has the job in front of him though. Important month and a half ahead.

If this were to occur, at least the payments would not be in TPP. Unless of course the AFL tighten the rules again.. :rolleyes:

Yes, Malthouse would pay for himself.

Whether we can convince him to come is a different question.

The job is Bailey's to lose but he has a mountain climb in front of him.

Especially without the majority of his support staff who have resigned at the Woods already

Guest 36DD

If the people behind this supposed Malthouse to Melbourne push even move in the same circles as KB, then it says so much about a) their ability to pull off such a move and B) the deeply flawed logic behind it. Disregarding a brief stint at Footscray, when has Malthouse not had a blank cheque when it comes to his football department spending?

But of course. Because there wasn't success 30 years ago it's doomed to fail again.

much like bailey would have paved the way for malthouse.... It would be very unfair for malthouse to come in and claim a list that has been created for him after years of hard work and torment by others and enjoy the succeses. It wont happen anyway. Lets worry about having a succesful finish to the season maybe even a finals appearance and keep the momentum rolling.

Edited by east gippsland demon

much like bailey would have paved the way for malthouse.... It would be very unfair for malthouse to come in and claim a list that has been created for him after years of hard work and torment by others and enjoy the succeses. It wont happen anyway. Lets worry about having a succesful finish to the season maybe even a finals appearance and keep the momentum rolling.

Unfortunately EGD The AFL is a tough gig

as they say all's fair in love and war.

you can add AFL to that.

I am comfortable with the people at the MFC making the decision.

If we get Malthouse and what you say turns out to be true it will not worry me at all on the last day in September when he holds up the cup.

I have seen too many false dawns.

The only fair thing now for me at the MFC is the one that gets the result.

BB knew what he was getting himself into, at years end he will have had 4 years.

Time for a decision, tough for him if it goes the wrong way.

Unfortunately EGD The AFL is a tough gig

as they say all's fair in love and war.

you can add AFL to that.

I am comfortable with the people at the MFC making the decision.

If we get Malthouse and what you say turns out to be true it will not worry me at all on the last day in September when he holds up the cup.

I have seen too many false dawns.

The only fair thing now for me at the MFC is the one that gets the result.

BB knew what he was getting himself into, at years end he will have had 4 years.

Time for a decision, tough for him if it goes the wrong way.

Fair shout old dee. A flag is what we are all after. would be good to see DB there when it happens though.

Paving the way?

He (Barassi) and Jordan & the support coaches/selector team led through Dick Seddon Paved the Road, the Car Park, & the Professionalism @ the Club.

Not to mention Healey, Lyon, Wight, Stynes, Grinter, Tingay, GLovett, BLovett, SFebey, MFebey, Todd Viney, O'donnell, Connelly, O'Dwyer, DWilliams, BWilson, PMoore, DHughes, GYeates, etc, etc, etc...

Am I the only one who isn't all that wrapped up in Malthouse? Took him the better part of a decade at the richest club. He's said himself it takes you 5 years to get the team of assistants around you that you need. And I don't know that he's gonna have that hunger. And... and... and... he smells.

Am I the only one who isn't all that wrapped up in Malthouse? Took him the better part of a decade at the richest club. He's said himself it takes you 5 years to get the team of assistants around you that you need. And I don't know that he's gonna have that hunger. And... and... and... he smells.

Of what Success!

No I don't think he's all that special. He's thorough and very professional, but a little scientific & has a massive small man syndrome. I think that drives his ambition to have a 6 man interchange which would take us doewn the american football road. with 6 able to change at once, we would go down the defensive team setup / offensive team setup,,, @ the breaks in play. NO thanks to that.

But he has at his disposal an enormous financial backing in the football department, and sending the whole team to high altitude training year upon year. Prior to this massive advantage, he was just a good ordinary coach.

At another club he's be exposed to the same standards that other clubs have to work with, except maybe carltoon.

I really can't see Mick coming over.

IF. and it's a BIG IF, he decides to leave the Pies prior to his 2 year role with the Pies expiring then to my way of thinking......

1. His heart lays with the Tigers not the Demons. If he's going to see his days out somewhere to me it would be in a role similar to that of Bomber Thompson at the Tigers assisting Hardwick. He has stated his heart lies at the Tigers (still), where he spent the bulk of his playing days and played in a premiership.

2. I just don't think we'd have the budget to bring him and his entourage over, either as head coach or Director/Assistant role to Bailey in a Thompson/Essendon type set up.

3. He's supposedly signed a 2 year contract with the Pies already. Seems to be a strong man of principle and word. Doubt he'd go back on that.

The only SLIM possible chance i see in a Mick/Melbourne partnership is a Thompson type role alongside or overseeing Bailey. However, he would have to be willing to accept something less than what he'd be getting at the Pies and probably alot less than Thompson, in order for us to accommodate him.

Does anyone here think he loves the Demons enough to do that in his twilight years?

Malthouse would be a mistake. Wrong personality for a very young developing group. Angry, small man, who denegrates people who don't see eye to eye with him. I think he's overrated. West Coast were the WA State team when he went their versus everyone else who were just Club teams. All he managed was two flags, it should have been 4 or 5. It's taken him 10yrs with the best facilities and limitless amounts of money to throw at the Football Dept and he's got one Premiership.