Vale Sean Wight

Guest 36DD

I was proud and honoured to be able to call Sean Wight my friend. He was my favourite player from his first game. And then I was lucky enough to get to know Sean personally and found we shared a passion for four- and two-wheel motorsport. We had fun together on hillclimbs, motorkhanas and rallies. Keep the co-driver's seat ready for me, Sean, when it's my turn! You will be forever missed. My thoughts are with Peggy, Gwen and Fiona, and Stuart and Faye who supported Sean from the day he came to the Dees. Words can't express how sad I feel.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was proud and honoured to be able to call Sean Wight my friend. He was my favourite player from his first game. And then I was lucky enough to get to know Sean personally and found we shared a passion for four- and two-wheel motorsport. We had fun together on hillclimbs, motorkhanas and rallies. Keep the co-driver's seat ready for me, Sean, when it's my turn! You will be forever missed. My thoughts are with Peggy, Gwen and Fiona, and Stuart and Faye who supported Sean from the day he came to the Dees. Words can't express how sad I feel.

Good words H&S.

A great great demon, who made his life exceptional.

R.I.P Sean.

A sad day for the club and more so his family.

One of my all time favourite Demons.

Still reckon he kicked the greatest goal I ever saw at the 'G in pouring rain against the Tiges, the ball went over his head into the pocket, Sean went sliding into it and soccer kicked a freak goal.

A great player who would be considered a legend if his body enabled him to reach the heights he deserved.

Champion of our club. Great loss way too soon. Just so wrong.

Best memory of one day at Catland when Sean kept Ablett snr to 1 goal, and basically toweled him up. Can't remember the year, but I gave it to my Geelong supporting friend even though we lost.

RIP Sean Wight :(

What a footballer! What a guy! Very,very sad news. RIP Wighty I will always remember your tenacity, skill and passion on the football field. You were a true Demon through and through. Sympathy to his family and to you 'Hip and Shoulder'. You were a lucky guy to have known Sean personally as a friend.

Rip what a great player. He and Jim were my two favorites growing up. Way too young and soon!

Heartbreaking, just heartbreaking! One of my all-time favourites in 60+ years supporting the Dees. RIP Irish, you will never be forgotten in the annals of the Melbourne Football Club.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Terrible news. A great player for the club and his goal saving dives are memories I will always treasure.

RIP.

Yeh, agree with all the great memories everyone has put here already.

I saw Sean on 4 or 5 occasions over the past 2 years, and last had a beer with him about 6 months ago. He was an intelligent, funny and engaging man. He has lot of great footy stories to boot.

I am very saddened by his passing and wish his family well.

Awful news to hear today. My thoughts are with his family, and all at the club. It will be an emotional night tomorrow night. May the boys do you proud Wighty. RIP.

THERE'S A LUMP IN MY THROAT AND TEARS IN MY EYE'S, THE IRISH/SCOTT WAS A TRULY COURAGEOUS FOOTBALLER FOR THE DEE'S. RIP SEAN WIGHT.

LUV YA PAL.

RIP Sean. Your a true and humble champion. You will be looking down on everyone you loved helping them in what ways you can. Just like you did for the Melbourne FC for so many years

I am so sorry for Sean and his family.

Sean thanks for the memories and the enjoyment you provided in watching you play.

I also hope that JImmy doesnt take this too hard he was very close I believe to Sean.

Jimmy is a Inspiration and I hope he gains a even stronger will to succeed in believing that Sean would want him to do just that

My condolences to all, we the MFC have lost a great club man

I watched the video and boy do the memories flood

back he really was the personification of all things great about MFC in the 80's and 90's

Seeing him wearing the big V very emotional great tribute MFC

I often get asked why Melbourne and I have often given a long winded story of how I barracked for them from 2years of age

Now all I think I need to say is with players like Sean Wight how could it not be Melbourne