Round 11 team vs Essendon

Eth

I reckon we'll miss Warnock. Fond memories of him taking Fev out last year - I think he has that bit of physicality and mongrel, and needs ice in the bath at the end of the game.

Very excited about the "ins" - just hope the children don't get blown away...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling Martin will be playing quite a bit in defence whenever Ryder or Hille push forward.

Martin is a solid defender

Gawn to have big responsibility as centre bounces, good luck young man!

Some simple maths about the side.

Last week we fielded 1319 games of total experience with 12 players with less than 50 games or less experience. Their average age was 23yrs 113 days.

We had brought in 5 players (2 first game recruits) with a total 48 games. The five players who came out had 228 games

Including the game tomorrow night we will field 1161 games of experience with 15 players with 50 games or less experience. We have 10 players with less than 30 days experience. The average age of the side will probably be around 21 years given we dropped 21 to 27 yos and picked 18 to 19 yos instead.

Of the 1161 games, Green has played 230 games, Moloney, Rivers and Sylvia have played about 115 games and Jones and Joel Mac have just cracked the ton. This means the remaining 16 players share 400 games of experience. How much value are we getting from our most experienced six??

Gold Coast fielded a side that had 1100 games of experience last week against Geelong.

Frightening stuff especially when we have two untried players on the emergency bench.

Makes outright fools of those who claim our young list and lack of experience is no excuse.... Its a fact.

Guest Artie Bucco

Last week we fielded 1319 games of total experience with 12 players with less than 50 games or less experience. Their average age was 23yrs 113 days.

We had brought in 5 players (2 first game recruits) with a total 48 games. The five players who came out had 228 games

Including the game tomorrow night we will field 1161 games of experience with 15 players with 50 games or less experience. We have 10 players with less than 30 days experience. The average age of the side will probably be around 21 years given we dropped 21 to 27 yos and picked 18 to 19 yos instead.

Of the 1161 games, Green has played 230 games, Moloney, Rivers and Sylvia have played about 115 games and Jones and Joel Mac have just cracked the ton. This means the remaining 16 players share 400 games of experience. How much value are we getting from our most experienced six??

Gold Coast fielded a side that had 1100 games of experience last week against Geelong.

Frightening stuff especially when we have two untried players on the emergency bench.

Makes outright fools of those who claim our young list and lack of experience is no excuse.... Its a fact.

Fantastic analysis of the team, and post in general.

Indeed RR. In fact, the Demons team this week will be younger and less experienced than the team fielded by the Gold Coast. At least RPFC's flag core numbers should be up this week!

Wow.. Really really small backline.. If Hille and Ryder are both in there we could be in trouble. Watts obviously doesn't count as he wont be playing on either of those two. I like the look of the ins, but Maric and Warnock should not have been dropped.

Maric is a selfish but talented goal sneak. However he (and Petterd) MUST learn to chase and tackle and apply constant pressure. Warnock unfortunatley is too much of a liability with the ball in his hand and has just been filling a gap (albeit a good physical one) until either McDonald (Tom) or Davis or Fitzpatrick are ready to go. Not pleased with Mortons effort(or lack thereof)last week but otherwise I think the selection is fantastic and really look forward to seeing the young blokes having a crack and giving us some glimpses of the not to distant future

B: James Frawley, Jared Rivers, Joel Macdonald

HB: Tom Scully, Jack Watts, James Strauss

C: Jordan Gysberts, Brent Moloney, Jack Trengove

HF: Cale Morton, Colin Sylvia, Jeremy Howe

F: Max Gawn, Brad Green, Jamie Bennell

Foll: Stefan Martin, Nathan Jones, Jordie McKenzie

I/C: Neville Jetta, Liam Jurrah, Daniel Nicholson, Michael Evans

Emg: Matthew Bate, Sam Blease, Tom McDonald

In: James Strauss, Tom Scully, Jack Trengove, Max Gawn, Jeremy Howe

Out: Matthew Bate, Michael Newton (Foot), Matthew Warnock, Ricky Petterd, Addam Maric

New: Max Gawn (Sandringham Dragons), Jeremy Howe (Hobart)

THIS IS as good as THE BEST SIDE WE HAVE FIELDED THIS YEAR

lets WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

bingo.

how many games have the gold coast team played? not inlcuding this weekend?

It's easy to analyse a sheet of paper, but unfortunately games aren't played on one.

I'll have no problem if we lose most games for the rest of the year, as long as the effort is consistent and we structure the side in a fashion which gives it the best possibility of entering the forward 50 and keeping the ball there when it arrives. Not everyone complains about good losses, but some like to make excuses for poor ones. Maybe you're included.

Can someone PLEASE change the thread title? It's irritating me.

Thanks! :)

What's irritating about it?

If you meant the 'Before it gets merged ;)' I was assuming that this thread would instantly be merged with the preview thread as Demonland does. I don't think he's been online though.

If you meant the 'Before it gets merged ;)' I was assuming that this thread would instantly be merged with the preview thread as Demonland does. I don't think he's been online though.

No the irritating thing was the opponent name was wrong.

What can I say, I'm anal retentive.

The part where it said West Coast when we're playing Essendon.

How the hell is Bennell still in the side!

Has to play forward I reckon, we have no crumbers.

You certainly can't accuse the selection crew of shirking it FMD some courageous ins and outs.

If we lose this game there will be a number of Monday's experts claim we stuffed this up to.

What's worse - the team selection or the thread, maybe both! To paraphrase a great leader 'courage is the product of leadership and it is the leader's job to transform mere players into great players' - this method of team selection won't do that!

B: James Frawley, Jared Rivers, Joel Macdonald

HB: Tom Scully, Jack Watts, James Strauss

C: Jordan Gysberts, Brent Moloney, Jack Trengove

HF: Cale Morton, Colin Sylvia, Jeremy Howe

F: Max Gawn, Brad Green, Jamie Bennell

Foll: Stefan Martin, Nathan Jones, Jordie McKenzie

I/C: Neville Jetta, Liam Jurrah, Daniel Nicholson, Michael Evans

Emg: Matthew Bate, Sam Blease, Tom McDonald

In: James Strauss, Tom Scully, Jack Trengove, Max Gawn, Jeremy Howe

Out: Matthew Bate, Michael Newton (Foot), Matthew Warnock, Ricky Petterd, Addam Maric

New: Max Gawn (Sandringham Dragons), Jeremy Howe (Hobart)

The future has almost taken control of this team. Sometimes injuries aren't such a bad thing

Liam to be super sub

No bolding for the Gyzzzzz?

No to LJ as the sub.

What's worse - the team selection or the thread, maybe both! To paraphrase a great leader 'courage is the product of leadership and it is the leader's job to transform mere players into great players' - this method of team selection won't do that!

Please outline your method of selection..