Swan out for Queens Bday

Dane Swan is taking the trip to Arizona for 12 days over the queens birthday game.

Apparently the only player to miss a game...

Would be nice if pendles and cloke wanted to accompany him! Just to give him some support... :)

Jolly is making the trip too, so Wood v Martin will make the stoppage game alot closer...

Edited by daveytrain1

Dane Swan is taking the trip to Arizona for 12 days over the queens birthday game.

Would be nice if pendles and cloke wanted to accompany him! Just to give him some support... :)

Jolly is making the trip too, so Wood v Martin will make the stoppage game alot closer...

So I suppose Swan will really be bruise-free that week.

I don't see way they would go all the way to the US for the benefits of altitude when they can sit in a pressure chamber here and get the same benefit? As I don't think they are going for endurance but healing.?

Besides he'll have to sit for 15 odd hours in a place each way.

Unless there is something in the supposed trip I'm missing.

I don't see way they would go all the way to the US for the benefits of altitude when they can sit in a pressure chamber here and get the same benefit? As I don't think they are going for endurance but healing.?

Besides he'll have to sit for 15 odd hours in a place each way.

Unless there is something in the supposed trip I'm missing.

Can you turn a hyperbaric chamber into a hypobaric chamber ?

Can you turn a hyperbaric chamber into a hypobaric chamber ?

Thanks, didn't know the difference (Don't really care) But the following places have a Hypobaric chamber:

Institutions with hypobaric chambers from wikipedia...

U.S. Army Institute of Environmental Medicine, Natick, MA,

University of North Dakota's John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences, Aviation Training

Naval Operational Medicine Institute provides operational medical and survival training and consultative services to military forces worldwide.

Arizona State University Polytechnic Campus Aircrew training, research, and other uses. Available to the public by appointment.

Royal New Zealand Air Force Aviation Medicine Unit

Hyperbaric chamber, in contrast to hypobaric chambers, these place subjects under increased atmospheric pressure.

I'm sure NZ could do with some money from the pies :)

Anyway who just play whoever they put on the field, it doesn't really matter if the boys play to their potential as a team.

Would love for this to backfire in their face in the form of DVT! Still as much my Supercoach team hates this (I literally just got him last round), it may just make QB game a little less painful.

Swan is not much of a loss. I think Pendlebury's a far better player and should be the one we're concerned about.

In saying that the margin will be under two goals.

Edit: Nice sig, Pates. Brilliant song, Uprising.

Edited by eth38

It kind of annoys me sometimes when people think we'll do better without the oppositions best player playing.

Fair enough. There is a great deal of opposition supporters champing at the bit saying exactly the same thing and looking forward to playing Melbourne asap whilst they're still injury depleted without the likes of Jamar, Davey, Grimes ,etc...(some will no doubt say it wouldn't make a difference when you throw a man down back).

This is an insult to the MFC. They are going to send one of their best players away for a camp because he is not required against the demons. We have been reduced to a cellar dweller again. Any respect we reclaimed has gone out the window!!

I hope we roll the Dons and build some form going into the QB clash.

Swan is not much of a loss.

You have to be kidding.....

This is an insult to the MFC. We have been reduced to a cellar dweller again. Any respect we reclaimed has gone out the window!!

LOL. You mean we were not a cellar dweller and we had earn respect. Unbelievable.

This game is shaping as a mid year break for Collingwood.

I don't think we are going to get that signature lift we seem to get for the QB match this year. There is too much wrong with the club at the moment for that. I think this will be a 60-70 point loss. The Pies obviously agree

Don't think Dane Swan not playing is going to help us, collingwood seconds are better than MFC at the moment.

What is altitude training anyway?

Why can't Collingwood players do Altitude Training in Australia?

There's something suspicious about Altitude Training in Arizona?

Edited by tatu

SInce when was mid-season blood-doping legal in the AFL? "Going to Arizona" is code for low oxygen low pressure altitude training which induces EPO production and raises red blood cell mass and total body oxygen carrying capacity. Just because it's been produced by your own body doesn't make the whole process kosher.

SInce when was mid-season blood-doping legal in the AFL? "Going to Arizona" is code for low oxygen low pressure altitude training which induces EPO production and raises red blood cell mass and total body oxygen carrying capacity. Just because it's been produced by your own body doesn't make the whole process kosher.

Pretty sure it does...

Systematically extracting your own blood (or someone else's), storing it, then returning it to your body when it's needed (aka "blood doping") is far more macabre than simply visiting somewhere mountainous for a couple of weeks. Why don't the Olympics ban Kenyans for living in high places too? I'm just annoyed we can't afford it.

Edited by Chook

pretty sure most clubs have altitude rooms now too. nothing wrong with that - although the afl needs to put a cap on football departments, not just player payments.

David Parkin mentioned a couple of months ago that there was talk in the halls of something happening about caps on footy departments. I've also heard club directors of top clubs dismiss the notion. Including Jason Dunstall. Dunstall was of the opinion that why should the top clubs be disadvantaged by their hard work in generating income to spend on their footy departments for improvement. Clearly it is a big advantage, and it's no wonder those who spend copius amounts of dollars on their FD's are the one's at the top end of the ladder.

This would receive much adulation from the bottom clubs and it's supporters if the AFL did go down this path. The opposite response would be received from the bigger clubs.

The bottom line is, if they don't do it, despite the drafting system for equality, there would still be a difference ladder wise where the top clubs will be stronger.

David Parkin mentioned a couple of months ago that there was talk in the halls of something happening about caps on footy departments. I've also heard club directors of top clubs dismiss the notion. Including Jason Dunstall. Dunstall was of the opinion that why should the top clubs be disadvantaged by their hard work in generating income to spend on their footy departments for improvement. Clearly it is a big advantage, and it's no wonder those who spend copius amounts of dollars on their FD's are the one's at the top end of the ladder.

This would receive much adulation from the bottom clubs and it's supporters if the AFL did go down this path. The opposite response would be received from the bigger clubs.

The bottom line is, if they don't do it, despite the drafting system for equality, there would still be a difference ladder wise where the top clubs will be stronger.

I wouldn't call the Saints one of the big clubs, or the Cats. But both have had resent success in the AFL.

The AFL won't put a cap on clubs FD, because the big clubs run the AFL.