• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

We will bash the Bombres

Choko

I am putting it on the line and saying that I am absolutely certain we will bash the Bombres this week. Hard earned will be splashed on my blind faith!

I have watched Essendon this year with some interest, given their somewhat meteoric rise under pretty boy Hird.

I think that they have the nucleus of a good spine, but they are hardly there yet. Their start of the year was all emotion, and they have great leg speed, so that when they get their tails up, they can be hard to stop. However, they are actually ordinary and I predict that they will miss the 8.

The way they play I reckon suits us, because they will let also us play our way.

Dees by 20!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am putting it on the line and saying that I am absolutely certain we will bash the Bombres this week. Hard earned will be splashed on my blind faith!

I have watched Essendon this year with some interest, given their somewhat meteoric rise under pretty boy Hird.

I think that they have the nucleus of a good spine, but they are hardly there yet. Their start of the year was all emotion, and they have great leg speed, so that when they get their tails up, they can be hard to stop. However, they are actually ordinary and I predict that they will miss the 8.

The way they play I reckon suits us, because they will let also us play our way.

Dees by 20!

Choko put down your beer goggles and step away from the hashpipe ...

i am always optimistic, and for some reason, i am more so this week.

having said that, im just hoping my optimism pays out in a less than 4 goal loss.

Yes and while singing Up There Cazaly backwards ...

I tried that and all I could decipher was something about "Paul is dead".

I'm definitely more optimistic this week than last, the inclusion of Trengove and potentially Scully could give a few people confidence. It's an interesting one, and we must make sure we're not blown out of the water especially leading into the QB match.

They are fit, quick, work well as a team within a structure and are committed to doing the hard stuff. Who cares how good they actually are that's enough to beat us right there. The bye has helped them freshen up. If Watson and Hurley don't play then we might be competitive, but I doubt it.

Dees by 20!

I agree Choko. I've been thinking the very same thing - not logical, just gut feel.

That said, we'll probably get pumped by 60 now.

They are fit, quick, work well as a team within a structure and are committed to doing the hard stuff. Who cares how good they actually are that's enough to beat us right there. The bye has helped them freshen up. If Watson and Hurley don't play then we might be competitive, but I doubt it.

The things in our favour are: having Trengove back as he will be out to prove a point, we will possibly have Scully back (although I tend to think he will be a sub at this stage) and we may see Gawn (he would likely sub in the event Scully slotted straight back in) and Howe get a run.

Since early in the season I have been of the opinion that the Bummers will slow down towards the half way mark as being a young team and pushing so hard will inevitably take its toll. Pushing hard is something the Dees can not be accused of, so if they decide to go out with the intention of giving it their all for 4 quarters, there is no reason they couldn't run over the Bummers for a much needed (in so many ways) win.

Because I was bored i thought i'd go through the Win/Loss ratio for clubs coming off a bye, i took out the games where it was being played between two teams that had both come off a bye (ala WCE v Melb). It stands at 9 losses and 4 wins, make of that what you will.

Well said. With a full list we might have challenged them but hard to have much confidence based on our performances this season. I don't think last years win over them can't be used as much of an indicator of our chances either. But having said that I always maintain some hope and optimism heading into games at the 'G.

Edited by Ascobar

if we do win the cries of an injury depleted essendon side, without their captain jobe watson, will be loud haha

I'm definitely more optimistic this week than last, the inclusion of Trengove and potentially Scully could give a few people confidence. It's an interesting one, and we must make sure we're not blown out of the water especially leading into the QB match.

They would be crazy to play Scully. He's not match fit and you wouldn't want to risk over-stressing him and aggravating his knee after spending so much time managing his recovery

He'll play when ready, no matter how dedicated he may be

They would be crazy to play Scully. He's not match fit and you wouldn't want to risk over-stressing him and aggravating his knee after spending so much time managing his recovery

He'll play when ready, no matter how dedicated he may be

If Scully has no pain after playing on the weekend, then that is the most caution we can take. He realistically can break down and develop soreness again at any point in the future. It can happen next week in the VFL or in a month in the AFL, so if he is physically fit and pain free this week we should play him, even if we need to sub him off at 3/4 time. He is that good that 3 quarters from him, even at reduced fitness, would be better than what most others will give us for 4 quarters.

At some point we will have to bite the bullet and play him and test out that knee.

Dees by 20!

We must be in football "Bizarro World".

It is Mushroom season, let us not forget!

But i do hope you are right....I got laughed at in the pub last friday night for admitting i was a demon. Since i was at school in the 70's not much has really changed.

Beating Hird's Turds would be enormous.....

Edited by why you little