Going on Sunday?

Striker475

Because if we lose the first quarter anything close to the Brisbane/West Coast games you may hear my boos from the MCC.

Not going to put up with it again. Very tempted to bring a 'NOW OR NEVER BAILEY' sign too...

Edited by Striker475

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to every single Victorian match between 2007-2009 (in fact, I haven't missed a Vic game since I was on school camp in 99!), so I'm not about to start skipping games because we suck. I'm used to it :rolleyes:

I went to every single Victorian match between 2007-2009 (in fact, I haven't missed a Vic game since I was on school camp in 99!), so I'm not about to start skipping games because we suck. I'm used to it :rolleyes:

That's a quality effort...wish I could be that committed, but retail + uni = missing games.

That said, I've only missed one game this year.

Maybe a sign that says "NOW IS THE TIME FOR PLAN B"..

haha...

Are there rules re: hanging banners off the 4th tier of the Great Southern Stand? I remember the Wayne Carey banner being removed, but that was because it was to do with the Anthony Stevens situation...

haha...

Are there rules re: hanging banners off the 4th tier of the Great Southern Stand? I remember the Wayne Carey banner being removed, but that was because it was to do with the Anthony Stevens situation...

I know they do not like to cover sponsorship signs. If your going to sit in with the MCC group I would doubt they would allow any signs. (just a guess)

I know they do not like to cover sponsorship signs. If your going to sit in with the MCC group I would doubt they would allow any signs. (just a guess)

Nope, don't have MCC, general admin membership. So just find somewhere with no signs down the front and unfurl...tempting. Also probably the world's easiest way to get on TV.

If we are going to win a first qtr this year this will be the game to do it in! hmm.. I may consider wacking on a first to 25pts multi this week.

I attend as many Vic games as I can, minus saturday days as I play footy myself then. But support is exactly what we need atm, especially in a time like this. Get around ya fellow demon mates and bring them to the G this sunday. I usually go in with a group of 4-5 people, but I'm gona see if I can get more to come...

Would go if I wasn't working, but always go if available. Having said that, if we hadn't played such insipid football so far this year I might've looked into swapping so I could go.

Nope, don't have MCC, general admin membership. So just find somewhere with no signs down the front and unfurl...tempting. Also probably the world's easiest way to get on TV.

If you know the player's names as opposed to simply their numbers you seem to get the camera men on you pretty quickly if you sit close enough. Thankfully us as Dees supporters have many 'Number 9' fans who won't be hogging the TV time.

I think it may actually be a decent crowd. People like us are eager to see how we respond. If we don't give a yelp this week, then the following week against North at Etihad is going to be a shocking crowd.

That's exactly as i see it..The Team just has to respond.

Apparently i was on pre game in perth haha.... being the only dees supporter on the whole wing and being there an hour before the game also helps haha

I was going to spend the day banging my head against a brick wall, but I've decided to really hurt myself - I'll be there.

If you know the player's names as opposed to simply their numbers you seem to get the camera men on you pretty quickly if you sit close enough. Thankfully us as Dees supporters have many 'Number 9' fans who won't be hogging the TV time.

haha yeah - and I reckon if I can actually crack out a sign saying 'Now or Never Dean Bailey' that might get the cameras over quick-smart.

After last Thursday, I'm expecting a big drop in crowd numbers, but I'll be there, and I think we'll win. As diabolical as Thursday was, we're a better side than we showed and we always seem to handle the Crows pretty well at the MCG.

Remember the way Hawthorn destroyed us in round 1 last year? Similar response in the media - our odds against Collingwood blew out to about $14 and we came out and took them all the way.

If we drop another winnable game like this - the heat will REALLY be on Bailey and I'd say we'd be headed for the bottom 4 again. Prediction: Dees by 29.

Edited by wisedog

Ive also only missed a couple of games over the last few years but I think id rather spend a few hours with my mum on mothers day rather than sit through the torture that is the MFC at the moment.

We disagree often but you are totally CORRECT here. We should all come this weekend and be positive and be as one. This is a very critical time for us and we need to be shown as supporters.