Caroline Wilson writes on alleged "tension" at the MFC

M_9

It has been been noted by many learned scribes as well as some posters here that other clubs with similarly young lists seem to gett hings happening far quicker than us.

Would be interesting if you could elaborate on this. Which learned scribes and which clubs?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will believe what I want but you missed the point. Nowhere does Wilson refer to "excessive drinking"

I know what she wrote and I know what she was inferring. As I said, please yourself.

Maybe she'd heard that he was disappointed in the quality of the local dim sims when she said he "clearly wasn't enjoying the end of season junket" ?

I'll back my information over your couple of randoms. "thumbs up"

I know what she wrote and I know what she was inferring. As I said, please yourself.

Maybe she'd heard that he was disappointed in the quality of the local dim sims when she said he "clearly wasn't enjoying the end of season junket" ?

I'll back my information over your couple of randoms. "thumbs up"

or maybe she just read demonland and has no other "sources"???

or maybe she just read demonland and has no other "sources"???

Surely it gets to the stage where posters realise that Hannibal is happy with his source (right or wrong) and isn't going to change his mind based on people speculated about him or Caro. The fact that people don't realise has just made this go around in circles.

Surely it gets to the stage where posters realise that Hannibal is happy with his source (right or wrong) and isn't going to change his mind based on people speculated about him or Caro. The fact that people don't realise has just made this go around in circles.

If Tom was unhappy with the culture at the MFC don't you think we would have heard about it when he made his media conference pre season??

whats your reply got to do with my comment?

it was about Caro's source - whether it was corroborative or was she just surfing 'land. it wasn't about Hannibal.

I also previously asked Hannibal whether his comments about "drinking culture" were MFC specific or just footy clubs in general on end of season trips, but I didn't get an answer.

I'm not so much interested on why Scully went home but rather whether the MFC does have a drinking culture (out of proportion to the AFL norm). If so then that is a big issue.

If Tom was unhappy with the culture at the MFC don't you think we would have heard about it when he made his media conference pre season??

WYL,

Surely you don't think Scully is going to slate the Demons at a heavily promoted Demon press conference? At any Demon press conference?

WYL,

Surely you don't think Scully is going to slate the Demons at a heavily promoted Demon press conference? At any Demon press conference?

I was talking more of his manner and Body Language. If he was unhappy we would have seen it.

I saw nothing of that nature, that is why i am interested that Hannibal would make that assumption.

Firstly they have played no one except the Hawks.... Disaster.... They won 2 games with half hearted approaches and not very impressively against teams that will be way down the wrong end of the ladder this year.. Bailey is not an inspiring man as is shown by his media conferences and his obvious lack of personality. I do not see him behind the scenes with the players and can only comment on what the public sees. Please bring on the end of his contract., Sorry about my obvious lack of support of the coach of the footy team I love so much and have done so since I was 8 years old. .

You couldn't be more wrong about Dean's personality. Have you bothered to get down to an intra-club game or training session and have a proper chat with him?

You're joking.

I was talking more of his manner and Body Language. If he was unhappy we would have seen it.

I saw nothing of that nature, that is why i am interested that Hannibal would make that assumption.

You're doubly joking.

I think the club is being very business-like – which even borders on being professional.

Rather than do everything “as it was done”, they are doing things in the way a professional club with a future, approaches things in 2011 and beyond.

If anything, they are suffering from an image problem: for far too long,a club with no future, who have, over the past 50 years, generally stuffed it up.

This is a timely review. It is not unusual in efficiently run businesses, to do such a study of “the plan”, mid- year. It shows we are now prepared to make the hard decisions and face problems, as much as possible, before they happen.

That Bailey needs to perform this year, is a given – I would say, even by him, if his public persona of the last few weeks, is anything to go by.

It might be, he/we will have to accept by the end of this season, he has taken the players as far as he can, as the coach.

And, as the club is being much more professional, there might even be a less hands on, but equally important guiding role for him.

This is also nothing unusual in many new businesses, or dinasour corporations going through a re-build.

Some people are great during the “build” phase, but not so good when the hard slog takes over. So a new CEO comes in and looks like the hero – happens all the time.

I doubt a Mick Malthouse, Roos, Lyon (who inherited a very young and talented team – didn’t build them) could do the job DB has had to do.

It might be, that DB is not the coach to take this team to the flag(s).

So, a high profile, or new coach, could well be the one who “achieves” success.

But, let’s hope, DB’s contribution (if this is the way it turns out) is acknowledged by whoever it is, who has his name on the board as “premiership coach”.Personally, I hope that name is "Dean Bailey".

dont forget, "we tanked to get scully"

as a richmond supporter, do you reckon shes still upset about this or what

Still get annoyed by this as we were ahead when the final siren went. How many teams tank and are leading when the final siren sounds.

If Jordan McMahon had not been paid that mark, which I thought he took after the siren and then kicked the goal from 50 metres, we would have won the game. I think it is time to stop talking about tanking. Also the AFL say that no team has ever tanked and they are never wrong.

Tom doesn't drink, but I don't claim that he's prudish or that he's overly concerned by the drinking culture (although I do believe that he thinks the drinking is excessive). And I'm not suggesting that he doesn't love the Dees, because I've been told that he's very happy. What I'm saying is that he cut short his trip to China not only because of a family illness, but also because he didn't enjoy the environment, which was in part the excessive drinking.

I feel like I need to spoon feed you every granule of information for you to completely understand what's intended. Improve your cognitive abilities.

Still get annoyed by this as we were ahead when the final siren went. How many teams tank and are leading when the final siren sounds.

If Jordan McMahon had not been paid that mark, which I thought he took after the siren and then kicked the goal from 50 metres, we would have won the game. I think it is time to stop talking about tanking. Also the AFL say that no team has ever tanked and they are never wrong.

Do you really believe that the coach or admin wanted to win, or that the coach actually coached to win ?

If so I'm astonished, because you seem reasonably intelligent.

Tom doesn't drink, but I don't claim that he's prudish or that he's overly concerned by the drinking culture (although I do believe that he thinks the drinking is excessive). And I'm not suggesting that he doesn't love the Dees, because I've been told that he's very happy. What I'm saying is that he cut short his trip to China not only because of a family illness, but also because he didn't enjoy the environment, which was in part the excessive drinking.

I feel like I need to spoon feed you every granule of information for you to completely understand what's intended. Improve your cognitive abilities.

Not having a go at you Hannabal, i just find your claim to be interesting, and as i said during his Media conference when the cameras were rolling and the lights were on him, he didn't give away any tell tale signs he was unhappy. As i said Body Language does not lie when people are under pressure.

Just read today's Age to discover that Caro has had the same article printed twice this week. I had assumed everyone here was talking about the article printed on Tuesday(?).

Granted there was the odd discrepancy inserted to disguise the ruse.

Caro stuffed up the chronology when she wrote Scully quit the junket, then "ominously" put off contract talks as if one caused the other. Scully put off his talks in August - the junket was in October. If I was as creative and mischievous as Caro I would call that "imagined causality" - where a trickster attempts to imply one event causes another.

And you will get a fiery argument from many at Melbourne circa 1999 that Schwab was "shabbily" treated towards the end of his previous stint at Melbourne. Many felt he got off light.

But anyway, nice to know Caro doesn't have to work too hard to earn her pocket money at the Age. I mean, while many journalists cut & paste press releases, not many get to cut & paste their own articles (and within one week).

Re tanking. Sure, that day we made some interesting positional decisions. But we won 5 games, 3 games and then 4 games. Had we won 5 in that last year we would have been entitled to nothing when we clearly deserved a priority pick. had we won that game and not got a pick it would have been a disgrace in my opinion. We deserved that pick, end of story. If you want tanking... look at Carlton. Lance kicking the ball out on the full from 30 out straight in front. I mean come on.

Thats the trouble between lateral thinkers, and those who like to talk in riddles. The lateral thinker doesn't know which thought the riddler meant.

It's hard to believe a person who won't talk absolute. It's as good as the speculator, who say's believe this.

Not sure either re Tom's views on the drinking culture, but I do know Tom's ex girlfriend very well. A Narre Warren girl who went to the school I work at told me last year that Tom broke it off with her because she was too "hard living" for him!! She said of him "Great guy but way too straight!"

Caro stuffed up the chronology when she wrote Scully quit the junket, then "ominously" put off contract talks as if one caused the other. Scully put off his talks in August - the junket was in October. If I was as creative and mischievous as Caro I would call that "imagined causality" - where a trickster attempts to imply one event causes another.

Good pick up.

She still has a bee in her bonnet about the 2009 season. She mentions the 'losing games' issue twice in the one article and she brought it up again recently on 'Footy Classifieds'. She never mentions Richmond's performance in THAT game, or how she felt when Petterd and Grimes ran thru the centre to kick those two goals in time-on that put us in front.

An interesting scenario. If Melbourne had beaten Richmond that day, and assume all other results remained the same, then Melbourne would have finished on 20 points and lost the priority pick. Richmond would have finished bottom on 18 points and picked up Scully as the number one pick. Maybe that's why Caroline is so peeved.