Caroline Wilson writes on alleged "tension" at the MFC

M_9

Many opposition clubs can see were a talented evolving club, who was once a (POWERHOUSE), and there trying to unsettle us. They don't want us to achieve our potential at their expense.

They'd like nothing better than to shake our tree and see what drops out, for their scavenging.

Interesting theory there. I wonder if our unexpectedly dominant performance against Sydney that day (plus our ability to match collingwood twice last year) might have scared a couple of clubs that we might disturb their plans for AFL dominance over the next 5-10 years. It was Eddie who first leaked the Tom Scully as yet unfounded rumour was it not?

One can easily pick and choose evidence to support a theory but I don't doubt that this could be a factor at play in some of the stories we've heard this year

Edited by Ascobar

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting theory there. I wonder if our unexpectedly dominant performance against Sydney that day (plus our ability to match collingwood twice last year) might have scared a couple of clubs that we might disturb their plans for AFL dominance over the next 5-10 years. It was Eddie who first leaked to Tom Scully as yet unfounded rumour was it not?

One can easily pick and choose edivence to support a theory but I don't doubt that this could be a factor at play in some of the stories we've heard this year

Theres a wide held veiw that when were on the rise, some others will be on that slope.

They'ld like nothing better than to whiteant our hardwork, and to Purchase some ripe fruit. (Coptotermes formosanus)

Edited by dee-luded

Theres a wide held veiw that when were on the rise, some others will be on that slope.

They'ld like nothing better than to whiteant our hardwork, and to Purchase some ripe fruit. (Coptotermes formosanus)

This is exactly why we need the very best people in our FD to get the Best out of our kids, and to help make our kids want to stay.

If not other clubs will bleed us dry and think nothing of it.

(Thanks for the white ants DL!!

question you gotta ask yourself....if baiely coaches extremely well for the rest of the year...how long should his contract extension be?

Personally I'd like to see the club extend him now until the end of next season. We are still struggling for consistency in games. I think for the next two years we working towards playing consistent footy.

"Several directors were disappointed that the chief executive had not made contact with Bailey despite his comments and the potential ramifications of the Andrews review into the club that was dissected on Melbourne radio extensively on Tuesday."

What a baseless lot of mumbo jumbo..".disappointed ...not made contact .. despite the ... potential ramifications.. dissected on one talkback radio channel!!" !!

I recall a couple of weeks ago Caro dragging out of nowhere the club's loan to Cameron Schwab (as disclosed in last year's Annual Report). Although it was a nothing article ... it was a clear attempt to throw a bit of muck at Schwabbie. She's now at it again. Whether or not it has anything to do with the historical links between Richmond and the Schwab family, it's pretty clear that she is after him - and after Melbourne.

No other journalist has run with these stories. The best way for us to respond is to ignore it ... as the mumblings of someone who is struggling to fill their column with any real news..

Caro .... I reckon its time for you to retire

I think other clubs would be more than busy enough running their own operations than to be sitting around and strategising the downfall of a club that has been in the wilderness for the better part of 45 years!

Get a hold of yourselves please!

Look at how decisive the club has become since the new regime has taken over..........they have systematically set about rebuilding every aspect of the club, and ensuring no weak link exists in the drive for success.

The way I see it, this review has taken place now, because one of the most important roles at the club, the coach, comes out of contract at the end of the year. They can also see the landscape ahead, with other clubs (Carlton etc) also in a similar position.

As the article relating to the review said, the project is an attempt to look into the future and with more insight make important strategic and commercial decisions that could last for four or five years.

Coaching, recruiting, sports science and welfare were all examined, as were practices at other clubs and in other sports.

If as Schwab says, we are at Base Camp, then we sure as hell better make sure we are taking the right Sherpa!

Bailey should be concerned...............rebuild or not, a win / loss record of 16 and 51 is pathetic........even Knights who went down a similar youth policy (though not quite to the same extent) was 25-39 with the Bombers, and he was booted.

I like Bailey, and hope he is the man, but if the club believe a better coach is needed to take the next step, then so be it!

Bailey should be concerned...............rebuild or not, a win / loss record of 16 and 51 is pathetic........even Knights who went down a similar youth policy (though not quite to the same extent) was 25-39 with the Bombers, and he was booted.

I like Bailey, and hope he is the man, but if the club believe a better coach is needed to take the next step, then so be it!

Considering what has taken place the last few years with the state of the list, I think using the 16 and 51 argument is weak. Bailey inherited the list. It's like "here DB, here's a piece of A4 paper with 35 holes in it, now fix it, and here is your Junction office and resources (handing him a shoebox)."

I think you can virtually wipe the first two years as far as results go, the list was a shambles and we played accordingly. Start with 2010. Therefore more likely 10-2-14 is a closer reflection on his performance IMO.

I agree with your last sentence.

It's very difficult to judge what sort of job Bailey is doing at this stage - we lack real knowledge about football strategy, we lack real inside information and there's not enough water under the bridge to make an assessment on results - ask me in 2013 and I'll have a better idea on that basis but it still won't be conclusive to we win the flag. I plead guilty to generally supporting the club's position - if we can't trust Stynes' and Schwab's judgement we're screwed, they've got the knowledge and information to make a decision.

Two in a row old55, I agree even though I do not like watching the way we play most weeks.

Considering what has taken place the last few years with the state of the list, I think using the 16 and 51 argument is weak. Bailey inherited the list. It's like "here DB, here's a piece of A4 paper with 35 holes in it, now fix it, and here is your Junction office and resources (handing him a shoebox)."

I think you can virtually wipe the first two years as far as results go, the list was a shambles and we played accordingly. Start with 2010. Therefore more likely 10-2-14 is a closer reflection on his performance IMO.

I agree with your last sentence.

HT I think we will have some idea by July.

Remember the team is largely his selections and we play his game plan.

The put up or shut up date is not long off.

IMO if we do not win more than 8 games with this years draw it will start to look dark for DB.

Bailey's gone, let's face it that's what it says and the MFC have been caught out by Caro, who is in fact often on the money with these types of articles. Stynes and Schwab know how good are talent is and that other clubs would be salivating at it. They have got the best possible people to fill the board, the best training facilities they can muster, the best list they can draft. The one thing we don't have in place yet is the best..... I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Remember it will all fall over if we 1. Don't retain the talent we have and 2. Don't fully develop the players we have and 3. Don't come up with the next Premiership game plan.

There's been alot of talk about just beating your opponent to win matches but the last 4 Premiers have all used a well drilled game plan to win the silverware. We kept Daniher too long, let's never make that mistake again.

Bailey's gone, let's face it that's what it says and the MFC have been caught out by Caro, who is in fact often on the money with these types of articles. Stynes and Schwab know how good are talent is and that other clubs would be salivating at it. They have got the best possible people to fill the board, the best training facilities they can muster, the best list they can draft. The one thing we don't have in place yet is the best..... I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Remember it will all fall over if we 1. Don't retain the talent we have and 2. Don't fully develop the players we have and 3. Don't come up with the next Premiership game plan.

There's been alot of talk about just beating your opponent to win matches but the last 4 Premiers have all used a well drilled game plan to win the silverware. We kept Daniher too long, let's never make that mistake again.

That's pretty much how i smelt the air yesterday....it's put up time. The time where the soft underbelly must leave us forever.

The Current FD have 18 games to pull it together....

That's pretty much how i smelt the air yesterday....it's put up time. The time where the soft underbelly must leave us forever.

The Current FD have 18 games to pull it together....

G.O.N.E.

Do any of us as mere observers REALLY have the acumen to judge Bailey ? Talking to our interchanged young brigade at ground level could equally be inspired or plain out-dated coaching ! One would think if Jimmy and committee were thrilled with his performance he would have been snapped up already for at least another couple of years!

wait... maybe i've turned a couple of chapters at once here... we've gone from bailey as coach into the foreseeable future, to HE'S GONE!

I certainly didn't get the feeling he was gone from the article.

Im interested to hear that guys 'mail' which is so full proof.

It's a hunch of mine, albeit based on more facts than my hunch about Tapscott. :lol:

The heat should be on our football department, after 4 games in 2011 we still have spells in games were our bad footy comes back and our bad footy isn't getting any better. When we are off we stink we are rubbish. Every team has bad periods through a game or season, the thing we have to do is remain competitive whilst in a bad period. At the moment we get smashed, I would have expected that the gap between our good footy and bad footy would have narrowed in four years but in fact it has got greater because our good footy is better and opur bad footy has remained the same.

Off-field the club has worked to re-build the club but we have to understand that with out success they can only take the club so far.

The next 6 weeks will show to what levels we can achieve in 2011, we play West Coast, Adelaide, North, St kilda, Carlton and Essendon, IMO we have a chance against all these clubs, we should be aiming to win 4 of the next 6. If we come away from the next 6 weeks with 1 or 2 wins, the club should put extreme pressure on the Football department.

What a baseless lot of mumbo jumbo..".disappointed ...not made contact .. despite the ... potential ramifications.. dissected on one talkback radio channel!!" !!

I recall a couple of weeks ago Caro dragging out of nowhere the club's loan to Cameron Schwab (as disclosed in last year's Annual Report). Although it was a nothing article ... it was a clear attempt to throw a bit of muck at Schwabbie. She's now at it again. Whether or not it has anything to do with the historical links between Richmond and the Schwab family, it's pretty clear that she is after him - and after Melbourne.

No other journalist has run with these stories. The best way for us to respond is to ignore it ... as the mumblings of someone who is struggling to fill their column with any real news..

Caro .... I reckon its time for you to retire

I'm starting to agree with your comments re the inhouse stories, getting out through Caro both times. I don't think Caro is "After us",,, but someone is loading up the ammunition to her to fire out into the free world. Like propaganda confetti.

Question is, where is Caro getting this inside info from, and from Who, what is this persons agenda,,, and Why???

Who does she know from Melbourne?

Edited by dee-luded

The heat should be on our football department, after 4 games in 2011 we still have spells in games were our bad footy comes back and our bad footy isn't getting any better. When we are off we stink we are rubbish. Every team has bad periods through a game or season, the thing we have to do is remain competitive whilst in a bad period. At the moment we get smashed, I would have expected that the gap between our good footy and bad footy would have narrowed in four years but in fact it has got greater because our good footy is better and opur bad footy has remained the same.

Off-field the club has worked to re-build the club but we have to understand that with out success they can only take the club so far.

The next 6 weeks will show to what levels we can achieve in 2011, we play West Coast, Adelaide, North, St kilda, Carlton and Essendon, IMO we have a chance against all these clubs, we should be aiming to win 4 of the next 6. If we come away from the next 6 weeks with 1 or 2 wins, the club should put extreme pressure on the Football department.

I agree Dr. I don't think Bailey has GAWN yet, but the burners have been turned up as of yesterday.

I will watch our game against Wet Coke very closely...a long road trip might just be what is needed, conversley if thing are not all rosy...then we will all see it.

Here bloody here.