Scully's management to talk to Melbourne this week

SoNotFunny

Firstly if I hear anyone booing Tom I'll spew up.

Seriously though it is fundamentally unjust to convict someone on hearsay.

More importantly i want to see the 4 questions MFC supporters have for Tom on Friday.

Your gonna have to try and pin him down and avoid the double talk.

Here are mine

1. Have you or your management on your behalf signed a heads of agreement contract committing to play for GWS in 2012.

2. What are your personal and team goals for this year

3. Will you enter negotiations earlier to avoid continued speculation

4. Can you win the brownlow this year

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest, why can't T. Scully sign a contract right now with a special clause in it, stipulating that his pay will increase by an agreed formula when the TV rights deal is announced?

Why can't that be done right now and remove all of these tv rights questions?

He can. He won't. He might. He will. He shouldn't. He should. He could. He would. He did. He didn't. Friday is on my mind!

Out of interest, why can't T. Scully sign a contract right now with a special clause in it, stipulating that his pay will increase by an agreed formula when the TV rights deal is announced?

Because from what i can gather and hear about the TV rights situation at present, nobody knows what it will be. The big wads of cash that everybody thought were sure to be here are nowhere near as large.

Ch.9 do not appear to want to be a big player and that is big because it means Ch 7 can sit back and dictate terms. Why pay more when nobody is fighting.

It may heat up, but at the moment it seems to be a waiting game.

Because its all Bullsh!t. its just an excuse they are using to shut everyone up.

this is obvious because they are happy to come down and talk about Gysberts contract.... Why? dont the t.v rights affect him?

the are contradicting themselves.

My 2c worth. I don't mind if Tom puts contract negotiations until the end of the year. Hopefully, by the end of 2011, the MFC & Tom would have had an excellent & successful year.

If Tom then decides to stay, so be it. But if Tom wants to leave, then I reckon on field success of 2011 would give us some bargaining power when talking compensation.

I don't know what is going to happen on Friday, I think all angles have been covered in this thread. My guess would be that he reads from a well scripted statement prepared by his management, in accordance with MFC, that he will put contract negotiations aside until end of 2011.

He will then stand up, walk out & take no questions.

1. Do you like falafels?

I think GWS can ontrade players, to other clubs for picks, or trades. Is this correct?

Could he End up a Punt down the walking track, from the 'G'???

Fighting Fund, or not.

Edited by dee-luded

Q/ How is Your ticka, your heart for the MFC??? & being a One Club player?

You cannot be serious ! You cannot be that stupid. Questionning his "ticka" !?.....that's one way out the exit door for him quick smart.

This thread is closed for now. The discussion content is going round in circles and there's not much productivity besides some unnecessary sniping of which I've had to delete.

Just a reminder what CC said today, that the Mfc wants all of it's players (including Tom) to be happy (and made feel welcome). For a reason. Some of the tripe and negativity in this thread isn't what is required to make one of our players feel welcome and "happy" IMO. Until such time as something else comes to fruition which is newsworthy and not repetitive or rehashed or other decisive measures, it shall remain closed.

edit: It's a undoubtedly a topic for discussion. A reminder to all to let it be just that - discussion.

NOTE:

Thread now re-opened. Like in any other thread in this forum, any discussion deemed to be dragged down to an unacceptable level by inappropriate comments (at mods discretion) or flaming (see Code of Conduct)among posters will not be tolerated. Such posts will be deleted, posters will be warned/suspended or banned accordingly.

Some posters that have already received a warning(s) in the past for such instances - take note.

Edited by High Tower

Scully put off his negotiations with Melbourne in August last year, which says to me GWS were into his management during last season.

By the way, Melbourne is resigned to losing him, and will have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to keep him.

Scully put off his negotiations with Melbourne in August last year, which says to me GWS were into his management during last season.

By the way, Melbourne is resigned to losing him, and will have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to keep him.

Unsubstantiated. Melbourne are not resigned to losing him.

Unsubstantiated. Melbourne are not resigned to losing him.

Agreed. Whoever thinks in that way needs to resign themselves from this forum...

Scully put off his negotiations with Melbourne in August last year, which says to me GWS were into his management during

last season.

Ahem.

You make conclusions based on little or no actual fact, rather pure speculation.

You then go on to make false claims on the stance of the club, once again based on no facts whatsoever.

It is my opinion that you are incorrect in your assertions and in future you should put more thought into your posts.

We would all be richer for it.

Hi guys first time poster but i have read with interest on here for some time

thought i would share what i know, i go to cricket training at berwick, and one of my mates there knows the scully family very well, he recentley talked to Tom, and basically he is almost certain to re-sign with the dees, the rumours are all crap, driven by his manager apparently?? so i think we should just all get behind Tom this year show how much we want him at the club, it sounds like he will sign a new contract in good time

remember people patience is a virtue ;)

cant wait see him play !!!

one of my chick friends knows a certain player very well.... (wont name them) he was recruited in last years draft and i got her ask him on facebook about scully and this was his reply.. she asked him what the go with scully is and this is what one of our draftees replied on facebook when questioned if he thinks scully will stay..

''yea i think so he is just spewing about all the publicity atm cause he hasnt said anything to anyone and they are just taking it way too far so not sure wat the go is there but im pretty confident he'll stay'' xx

no biggie

Edited by dazzledavey36

one of my chick friends knows a certain player very well.... (wont name them) he was recruited in last years draft and i got her ask him on facebook about scully and this was his reply.. she asked him what the go with scully is and this is what one of our draftees replied on facebook when questioned if he thinks scully will stay..

''yea i think so he is just spewing about all the publicity atm cause he hasnt said anything to anyone and they are just taking it way too far so not sure wat the go is there but im pretty confident he'll stay'' xx

no biggie

Ablett's team mates said the same thing early on.

Hi guys first time poster but i have read with interest on here for some time

thought i would share what i know, i go to cricket training at berwick, and one of my mates there knows the scully family very well, he recentley talked to Tom, and basically he is almost certain to re-sign with the dees, the rumours are all crap, driven by his manager apparently?? so i think we should just all get behind Tom this year show how much we want him at the club, it sounds like he will sign a new contract in good time

remember people patience is a virtue ;)

cant wait see him play !!!

That's all good but I know people too extremely close to his family and to Blease. Asked on Facebook privatley and not getting a response. I worked with this certian person for years aswell and not to get a reply is a little concerning.

I know people too, some say he's going, some say he's staying, some say he loves MFC, some says he doesn't, others that he wants to play for Richmond. Others say he'll sign today, some say he'll sign next month and others still that they heard from his best friend that he'll sign at the end of the year. Some didn't hear from his friend's and they now think that he's leaving. Still others believe he's a mercenary and should leave whilst some think his kicking is poor and it doesn't matter if he leaves. Some believe he is the next Chris Judd and if he leaves our Premiership hopes are in tatters whilst others think we're better off losing him and getting the compensation picks. One amongst us actually believes he is the messiah and that is why Kevin is chasing him so hard. Anyway I just hope Tom has a good day tomorrow.{and promptly resigns!)

Guest 36DD

Ahem.

You make conclusions based on little or no actual fact, rather pure speculation.

You then go on to make false claims on the stance of the club, once again based on no facts whatsoever.

It is my opinion that you are incorrect in your assertions and in future you should put more thought into your posts.

Pot...Kettle...Black

What CONCRETE facts have you presented for your stance other than Gubby Allan sprouting crap 17 years ago when he secured Buckley from Brisbane????

I know people too, some say he's going, some say he's staying, some say he loves MFC, some says he doesn't, others that he wants to play for Richmond. Others say he'll sign today, some say he'll sign next month and others still that they heard from his best friend that he'll sign at the end of the year. Some didn't hear from his friend's and they now think that he's leaving. Still others believe he's a mercenary and should leave whilst some think his kicking is poor and it doesn't matter if he leaves. Some believe he is the next Chris Judd and if he leaves our Premiership hopes are in tatters whilst others think we're better off losing him and getting the compensation picks. One amongst us actually believes he is the messiah and that is why Kevin is chasing him so hard. Anyway I just hope Tom has a good day tomorrow.{and promptly resigns!)

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Hope he stays.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Hope he stays.

Was it via private facebook message? Pretty concerning!

Pot...Kettle...Black

What CONCRETE facts have you presented for your stance other than Gubby Allan sprouting crap 17 years ago when he secured Buckley from Brisbane????

Burden of proof is on those who are speculating

Agreed. Whoever thinks in that way needs to resign themselves from this forum...

No they do not, but you can simply choose to disagree. You can even choose to ignore it if you like!

Ahem.

You replied to the point in your first line. That was enough.

I'm no richer for your clever line at the end.

Just because people are over emotive about this doesn't mean they need to get shot down continually by the 'calm' brigade.

We aint all the same beasts people.

Mate do you have any inside knowledge that Scully already signing with GWS is a rumour thrown out there by Gubby Allen & Sheedy and are you privy to their underhanded schemes??? And please don't sight the example of Gubby Allan doing the same thing when he got Buckley to Collingwood from Brisbane.

Now for a dose of reality

1. lets not flatter ourselves, Scully wouldn't bother reading Demonland

2. we supporters will have absolutely no impact on his decision

3. no Melbourne supporter will boo Scully this year

On a bigfooty thread someone claiming to know Tom says he was confronted by an angry fan whilst he was out and about. Apparently made quite the scene. This worries me, if he hasn't made a decision fans in his face all year could make it easier to leave.

On a bigfooty thread someone claiming to know Tom says he was confronted by an angry fan whilst he was out and about. Apparently made quite the scene. This worries me, if he hasn't made a decision fans in his face all year could make it easier to leave.

I completely expected this to happen. It is within Scully's rights to wait until the end of the season to negotiate a new contract. Fans should mind their own business otherwise he may not choose to do his negotiating with the Dees.