Demons v Bombers

Grandson of a gun

So it's Demons v Bombers for week 2 of the NAB cup.

It IS only the NAB Cup but i absolutely hate Essendon.

They played Greater Western Brisbane and St Kilda seconds and i guarantee that all week all we will hear on talkback radio is how good Essendon look under James Hird blah blah blah.

So, having got that off my chest................I hope we absolutely smash the Tullamarine Football Club next week.

I would love nothing more than to see them pantsed in every facet and everyone left scratching their head at how their form could change so drastically in two weeks and how devastatingly impressive the young fit strong firing Melbourne side of 2011 looks.

Once again i know it is only the NAB cup and all i really hope for is that we get match fit whilst sustaining no injuries, but the competitive beast in me just says................... F*cuk Essendon. :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only the NAB Cup and nobody really cares who we play.

Be grateful that for the first time in four long years, we are privileged enough to be permitted by the AFL to play a NAB Cup game in Melbourne.

on a school night though

This will be a perfect test for us at this stage of the season. Essendon had close to their best lineup on the park and are obviously in winning mode after their annus horribilus in 2010. I would rather that we take them on in front of a large crowd at Etihad Stadium than a half-baked St. Kilda with star players missing in a game that would not prove a test for our players.

It could be worse. We might have had to play a NAB Challenge practice match against GWS at Mt. Panorama in Bathurst or GC17 on a crocodile infested ground in Daintree in the

middle of a cyclone.

I would have preferred the saints, we have struggled against them for a few years now. Having said that i will be more than happy to teach hird and his boys a lesson always enjoy beating those arrogant bombers.

I have had word from my very close Essendon connection that they will be after us this year and penciling us in for wins. They don't like it that we spoilt their anniversay party last year. Our rise mirrors their decline. They still believe they are the masters of the universe and that we are are just flaky upstarts that belong in the cotton fields.

Edited by america de cali

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I have had word from my very close Essendon connection that they will be after us this year and penciling us in for wins. They don't like it that we spoilt their anniversay party last year. Our rise mirrors their decline. They still believe they are the masters of the universe and that we are are just flaky upstarts that belong in the cotton fields.

Good. That way it will hurt just that bit more when we pants them.

we should get back jones mckenzie petterd and scully for this game

Jones sounds rght to go but I would be super cautious with the other blokes, especially Ricky. I hope the club continues to use the NAB cup for development and conditioning.

Long way out but I will have a crack at our line up, I'm assuming that Jones will be OK but Scully, McKenzie and Petterd still out

Bartram Garland Strauss

MacDonald Rivers Grimes

Jetta Sylvia Davey

Dunn Watts Bate

Maric Jurrah Green

Jamar Moloney Trengove

Martin Bail Bennell Cook Jones Evans

Sub Spencer Blease

Long way out but I will have a crack at our line up, I'm assuming that Jones will be OK but Scully, McKenzie and Petterd still out

Bartram Garland Strauss

MacDonald Rivers Grimes

Jetta Sylvia Davey

Dunn Watts Bate

Maric Jurrah Green

Jamar Moloney Trengove

Martin Bail Bennell Cook Jones Evans

Sub Spencer Blease

green should play forward all year, would kick 50 easy

I went to training on Friday. Blease suffered a pretty bad cork and was limping round for a bit, he was trying to run it off but ended getting a rub down, Not sure If he came back out to train or not. Scully didn't train at all, just did some handball drills on the sideline so not sure he'll play either. Trengove, Mckenzie were In the rehab group. Petterd did the entire session which was good to see, as did Gysbets and my smoky to FINALLY get a gig this week Is Tapscott who also did the entire session and moved very well.

I went to training on Friday. Blease suffered a pretty bad cork and was limping round for a bit, he was trying to run it off but ended getting a rub down, Not sure If he came back out to train or not. Scully didn't train at all, just did some handball drills on the sideline so not sure he'll play either. Trengove, Mckenzie were In the rehab group. Petterd did the entire session which was good to see, as did Gysbets and my smoky to FINALLY get a gig this week Is Tapscott who also did the entire session and moved very well.

Is there an update on the official injury list? No update on the website since before the Adelaide games.

Would love to see tapscott injury free and get a run! Also gysbets would be another great inclusion injury free of course

I Hate Essendon with all my dark little Heart (Hird's Turds i know call them) and i always relish beating them

And yes beating them next Thursday would be lovely, but i don't really care deep down.

i want to thrash them during the season when it hurts. Don't celebrate too early guys.

Save it. it will be worth it.... B)

I Hate Essendon with all my dark little Heart (Hird's Turds i know call them) and i always relish beating them

And yes beating them next Thursday would be lovely, but i don't really care deep down.

You and me both , half my family is Melbourne the other half the Scum .

Had my face rubbed in it for 25years .

But I want them flogged whenever and wherever we cross them .

Guest DeesPower

Should be a good game I reckon. Melbourne outplayed Essendon considerably last year and I can't imagine Hird making that much of a difference. He is a legend though.

Having relooked at the games they played this weekend, I reckon they were very lucky toget through. They were outplayed by St Kilda most of the night and only got up after the siren to draw. The Demons if they are half on song should smash them. In fact, I'd be asking why not if we don't. Their list is far inferior to ours, Hird is a rookie coach, Thompson is disinterested at best, and they don't have the quality key forwards we do, a star ruckman, or dynamic mid field.