OVERHYPED

Roost It

Call it expectations rather than being overhyped IMO.

Most see and point out our deficiencies pretty clearly. Besides Hutchy I haven't seen or heard too many others having us finish top 4 but do expect improvement and a top 8 finish.

I have expectations of a top 8 finish but factors throughout the season may see a 9-10 finish acceptable. We do have a very kind draw.

The Scullybutt is a very annoying start. Maybe a flag this year and he can be on his way!

Gee you're all a bit deflated after going over the various scenarios and permutations with the Scully Inc. saga hey.

Everyones now downgrading their expectations without a ball being kicked in anger. Your like a bunch of party balloons the day after. Very funny.

Anyhow for the record I think we'll smash 'em over in Adelaide with Beamer and Silvia leading the way.

Get on!

I better cut my membership up before 7.40 tonight, 2011 is doomed. Look on the bright side we thought 2007 was our year and it was the start of 3 years of hell. Last year we showed we will be a good side this year we will continue to show signs of this. With a little luck we can make the eight.

Bring on 7.40 tonight

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/give-us-this-day-our-bailey-cred/story-e6frf9jf-1226004060751

"They consistently played well at a level clubs were unable to get to. They look like with the age of their group and experience, they could be in for a long period of success with how they are looking at the moment.

Consistency, especially with such a young experiences team, will be key.

They are talented and capable, but consistency will be hard to maintain.

I think bottom of the 8 is where we should be aiming, but not tearing our hair out if we finish 9th.

The Bureau of Melbournolgy forecast months of Sky Falling followed by torrential crying !! :rolleyes:

We aren't going to make top 4 this year. Too young and ineperienced. But we can, and should, make top 8. It won't take many more wins than 2010. Then I hope to see top 4 in 2012, and GF in 2013 (Jack Viney BoG).

If Scully does leave I might put that schedule back a year, but not more.

It absolutely boggles my mind that people talk about being "content" finishing 10th! Seriously I wonder if you really want it. Should the 08 hawks be aiming to finish 10th, they had talented group , more advanced than us but they threw caution to the wind and got a flag. Not saying we can get one but fir crying out loud " content" ? If we all did this we would just go work for the government.

Harden up and let's aim at the sky and maybe we will hit the tree tops .

Why couldn't we be top 4 ? It's nonsense. If the team gels and fires were as good as anyone .... ANYONE !!! It's just consistency and belief. We mightn't finish top 4 but don't say we can't!!

Overhyped?? If we don't make the top 8 then you will need to name 8 teams that will be ahead of us. Making that list is a lot tougher than accepting the dees should finish 8th this season.

The Hype will come and is catching on, but the dees are not overhyped just yet (all you need to do is throw the "demons" around the water cooler to know there are still a large amount of opposition supporters who think this club/team is poo). There is a lot of noise about them this season, and it is only going to get louder as the pressure and expectations grow.

They have a top 8 list now, but it all boils down to whether this top 8 list can be a top 8 team.

Nobody has said we can't.

But to predict it is ridiculous.

Ridiculous ?? Brave maybe...Ridiculous no. Its an opinion, surely.

Keep in mind the very nature of the game will provide step ups that arent linear in progression. Teams click. Things happen. Other teams fall off the pace and suddendly youve climbed 3-4 spots.

We were rather unlucky not to make the 8 last year...but for a handful of points here and there it might have happened. The Premiers, no less , had but a point on us all seasn !!

Our rise wont be , as mentioned prior, linear. It wil lbe quantum. Thats what happens in footy.

But if someone wants to put themselves out there on a limb and predict....well its there perogative. No foul , no harm !

The great thing about a young side is they don't know how far they can go. See Hawks 2008, Bombers 1993 etc.

Even Geelong in 2006 was in self destruct mode until their end of season navel gazing.

We are on the right track. Its not a straight line and they could just as easily surprise us on the upside as well as the downside. But when players see their peers get All Australian like Frawley and Jamar and they can see first hand the efforts required to get there then the competitive juices can elevate the entire team to a higher level of commitment and effort.

Even having the reigning premiers training in the next oval can be a good thing - last year we were not overawed playing them and nearly did them twice. I can imagine all our players looking across the oval saying "if those guys can win a flag we certainly can". One of the great benefits of our new training facilities.

Momentum is a great thing - I guess though we want to build it over the season rather than start like a shooting star and fade out. DB and CC have their heads screwed on well and they will not allow this team to get ahead of themselves. That I really like. They are level headed and rational.

Its our job as supporters to support them on the journey.

We're a show in for finals now, after Friday night. Don't get me wrong, had we lost one or both of the games we would be in serious trouble, but we won both games and now we're looking the goods for season 2011...

We're a show in for finals now, after Friday night. Don't get me wrong, had we lost one or both of the games we would be in serious trouble, but we won both games and now we're looking the goods for season 2011...

Hah?

You're joking right?

You're not putting the importance of 1 (crazy) round the NAB cup as the difference between us playing finals, are you?

Hah?

You're joking right?

You're not putting the importance of 1 (crazy) round the NAB cup as the difference between us playing finals, are you?

But......but we are playing finals......

(albeit quarter-finals in the NAB Cup....)

I love Demonland so much that I want to marry it.

Keep up the good work guys. I wouldn't be able to get through a work day without the same ol' conspiracy theorists and drama queens livening up my days!