So Who's Number For Your Kid's Jumper...

Grandson of a gun

You can make multiple selections for multiple kids  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a proud dad who plans to take his little man to his first AFL game at some stage in 2011, i am thinking it is time to stick a number on his MFC jumper............alas, who to choose.

My personal love for Jack Grimes is well documented and i feel it would make an extremely great choice however then there's...

LJ- the excitement machine?

Scully- the young jet?

Sylvia- the bloke who looks like he could rip you apart?

Green- the courageous and inspiring?

Davey- the flash?

Watts- the superstar in the making?

Chip- the big, brutal, defensive rock?

Trenners- Jimmy Bartel mark II

Jonesy, Beamer, Ricky Bobby, Bail and so on..............

So what do the learned Demonlanders think? Who's number will they stick on their offspring's backs?

For me, i can't go past Grimesy. (My newborn daughter can have LJ me thinks...)

Edited by Grandson of a gun

J Grimes.

A good, clean cut, amazing footballer who will probably captain the club one day. The sort of player you want your kid to grow up appreciating, so he understands what it takes to be a gun footballer and the sorts of players that make a team great.

As a proud dad who plans to take his little man to his first AFL game at some stage in 2011, i am thinking it is time to stick a number on his MFC jumper............alas, who to choose.

My personal love for Jack Grimes is well documented and i feel it would make an extremely great choice however then there's...

Scully- the young jet?

Davey- the flash?

So what do the learned Demonlanders think? Who's number will they stick on their offspring's backs?

SCULLY - Will still be wearing it in 20 years

Scully- the young jet?

Davey- the flash?

Have a one and two year old and thinking of going with the # 1 picks from the year of their birth. (Watts & Scully)

Or my own fav's, Grimes & Frawley.

My kids both dont really see or care about the hard working/tackling/1% 'ers. I find that in general, they will always love the exiting players the most. So needless to say, one loves Aaren Davey and the other Jurrah. But you can still brainwash them if you want, especially if they are still young enough. It is your right as a parent. :)

I would personally have 12 on my duffel coat. To represent past and present. :lol:

Edited by The Great One 99

Guest Checker

Exactly right '99. I grew up watching Jeff Farmer, and it was just his excitement that made me a mad demon.

I'm now sporting the #4 on my back. Go get 'em Jack!

Edited by Checker

My 7 year old girl has #4 while the 5 year old boy has Scully's due to sharing the same 1st name .

I tried to lead him toward the exciting Jurrah but to his credit wouldn't be swayed .

Me , Frawleys #8 . :lol:

Edited by Fork 'em

My little man is obsessed with Matthew Bate. He loves him.

We met Bater at the Intra Club match at the start of the year and he had a good chat to my 3y/o son and since then everything is about 'Bater'.

Subsequently, we got the number 6 placed on his guernsey at the start of the season.

Gippy

As Scully burns up the MCG with greater frequency they won't be able to make the sew-on "Threes" and "Ones" fast enough. Buy 'em now while they're still available.

I'm awfully tempted to fork out for 3 sets of 31's. But I think it's best I let my kids decide for themselves. With just a tad of persuasion.

Can't think of a better way of getting the grandkids fired up on the Dees than having them wear #24 on their backs over the next 5 years. Thereafter they will be Dees for life.

Yeah I must admit....as much as I'd like to have my kids wear 16 and 31, until they're old enough to appreciate everything these blokes are and stand for, I believe the excitement machines will win out, namely LJ and co. (not that there is anything wrong with that at all)!

I feel for Beamer, Greeny, The Gys and Ricky Bobby, would gave thought they'd each at least get a couple of guernsey's.

As a proud dad who plans to take his little man to his first AFL game at some stage in 2011, i am thinking it is time to stick a number on his MFC jumper.

My opinion is to let your kiddie choose the number but, given that he sounds too young to understand the significance of those digits I'd be consider either #11 in honour of J.Stynes or, if that doesn't appeal, #2 or #31. They are the club's iconic numbers so even if the player who wears them doesn't become his favourite at least he'll start off wearing a bit of history (also allowing you to continually trot out Robbie Flower and Ron Barassi stories).

My 4 year old wasn't sold on footy and has had an annoying aunt in his ear about Geelong. He came home about 5 months ago and told me he barracked for the cats and he was serious. Let's just say it stung me into action. Since then I've run Project Demons. Suffice to say he now signals a goal when I mention Jack Watts (with a two thumbs up addition) and his favourite player is Liam Jurrah. He then asked me if he could have a jumper for Xmas. It's the best $100 I've spent this year.

Number 24

Edited by Roost It

My 4 year old wasn't sold on footy and has had an annoying aunt in his ear about Geelong. He came home about 5 months ago and told me he barracked for the cats and he was serious. Let's just say it stung me into action. Since then I've run Project Demons. Suffice to say he now signals a goal when I mention Jack Watts (with a two thumbs up addition) and his favourite player is Liam Jurrah. He then asked me if he could have a jumper for Xmas. It's the best $100 I've spent this year.

Number 24

I hear ya. I trained my boy to say 'Go Dees' and punch the air every time the footy was on tv. It worked so well that he says it now any time there is any form of sport on and any time he sees a football picture or magazine.

Number 24

poaching somebody's kid into following another club is punishable by death in some regional country towns

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. When I was very young Robbie flowers number was put on my back, Stinga was a favourite of mine, I have worn that number myself from unders to now. I love the idea that the number your kids wear has great history but also someone current who will be around for a long while. Cant go past 31 for me. Past and future greatness