• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

DRAFTIN' TIME!

RalphiusMaximus

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not allowed to be critical of recruiters/players suddenly? but when it's a 220 game veteran we got for basically nothing, it's ok?

You don't agree that it's just a bit premature to take Barry to the gallows over his draft picks this year?

to the wankers who are saying they are disppointed in these picks.. two words.. [censored] off!

people complained alot when we took james frawley instead of james seller now look what happend? and of course the famour jack grimes instead of alex rance. have trust in BP and his team!

here here !! Give the recuiters some f***** credit.

I'm loving all the "we took X way too early! Should have taken [overhyped BigFooty player] here!".

Seriously, I'd be very surprised if more than a few of you have ever watched these kids. I will trust our recruiters over any phantom on BF anyday. Let's not forget where BF rated James Frawley back in his day.

At the end of the day, these kid are nothing but names and highlight packages to most of us.

You don't agree that it's just a bit premature to take Barry to the gallows over his draft picks this year?

Absolutely. But I didn't do that, and I think only one or two nuff nuffs did. If you look closely I've been supportive.

I just don't like it when people crack it when there's even the slightest grumble. There's been no fallout here, just a few question marks. I reckon it's absolutely fair enough to say that a certain player would have lasted another round when all the professionals have staked their reputations on the fact that they wouldn't have been picked up as early as they were. There's nothing WRONG with raising a few question marks. It's our duty as members, and recruiting is among the most IMPORTANT aspects of a footy club.

Now allowed to be critical when you don't know sh*t about recruiting. No offense!

You're saying I don't know [censored] about recruiting? Fair go...

That's a load of [censored]. We all revel in being critical of Freo's recruiting, and Richmond's. Recruiting is another department of MFC, and they should only be free from criticism early in their careers. And there's NOTHING wrong with thinking we took guys early.

Likewise, it's fair enough to not be as excited about our recruiting this year as others. There were a number of smokies in there.

Lighten up. It's a forum. You should know this better than most.

I'm loving all the "we took X way too early! Should have taken [overhyped BigFooty player] here!".

Seriously, I'd be very surprised if more than a few of you have ever watched these kids. I will trust our recruiters over any phantom on BF anyday. Let's not forget where BF rated James Frawley back in his day.

At the end of the day, these kid are nothing but names and highlight packages to most of us.

Couldn't agree more Stylus. We tend to get caught-up in youtube highlight packages and info being fed to us by ill-informed sources. Everyone can offer their opinion however lets keep it in perspective.

Yes very true hard not to get caught up in the hype reading and watching highlights for the last few months. The fd do this on a full time basis and really time will tell hope they all work out. Will definetly be keeping my eye on darling!

Im OK with that. I think it's intelligent tactics to take the Talls, including those defenders.

I would have been happy enough if we took a medium defender with P1... But this is fine.

And it looks like we took one power forward as well.

Nearly all mids last year topping up. Nearly all Talls this year,,, with a 2 to 4 Yr development strategy, I would think. Hopefully some talls come on in 2Yrs???

This will give those existing medium defenders & mids that we have,,,time to establish.

Maybe next year we could trade,,, If Needs be,,, with an early pick,,, prior to taking Viney with our First available Pick...

There's a huge build-up to the draft, and by the time it comes round, everyone has massive expectations - not to mention opinions. The reality was always going to be something of a let-down, and I suspect some people were hoping for a Lynch or Heppel to fall to us.

The fact that it didn't turn out like that doesn't mean we got it wrong. Let's at least give the FD and the new boys a chance before we start sticking the boots in.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Let's at least give the FD and the new boys a chance before we start sticking the boots in.

We've had a few picks in the last couple of years that have raised eyebrows but look the goods now. I'm happy to put my faith in the FD.

It doesnt seem that any of the talls we got are really tall...so I am not sure if any of them can play that forward - part time ruck that will be handy with the new interchange rules...anyone know if they can ruck?

Tom McDonald is a part time ruckman and from the looks of it a decent one. He's only 194cm though

Just curious

Did anyone here or Ology or BF or Phantom drafts get just one of our picks correct?

nope! although paul daffey from afl.com said we'd pick howe at 53, so close enough.