Cameron Bruce (ouch)

GRUN DEE

It just surprises me the ill feeling you have for Bruce!

He gave me a lot of enjoyment over the years.

In today's football world Players are chewed up and spat out at the whim of the Club.

So if a player decides to leave after a long service so be it.

It does not make him a bum just part of the system.

I still hope he achieves what he could not at the DEES.

Numerous other MFC players have done similar over the years and I have no doubt others will in the future.

This is probably the difference.

He caused me untold frustration over the years.

If he had have hardened up and learned to take a hit for the better of the team, then he'd have been a much better player.

Instead he was afraid of contact and it hurt us.

This is probably the difference.

He caused me untold frustration over the years.

If he had have hardened up and learned to take a hit for the better of the team, then he'd have been a much better player.

Instead he was afraid of contact and it hurt us.

Well that probably is where it ends.

We have a difference of opinion that will not change.

Go Dees

Something I noted listening to Bruce on that SEN podcast was a lack of any humility towards Melbourne . I have no qualms that he might bea bit excited about the Hawks and his joining of them etc. However I don't recall much if any thanks to the MFC for his career. Bruce strikes me as very Me-Me-Me. Now if you were of Ablett abilty you might overlook that but he clearly isn't.

He's after a premiership and fair enough as much of footy is about that Holy Grail . I hope he never gets one. I'd rather Freo lifted the cup than the Hawks. They're a team of thuggery.

Bruce will never be known for insightful decision making. I'm sure many a Dee follower winced and grimaced with the ball in Cams hands. God knows how some of his former team-mates felt at the time, nervous I'd suggest lol.

He's made another poor decision in respect to the club. It might possibly extend his career by half a year but he'll now be known by many Demons as lacking real ticker. When the going got tough thetough get going, others wimper off to seemingly greener pastures.

Melbourne now seem fairly astute at valuing players. Hale was only worth so-much. We get Campbell for a song , couple bags of twisties and the promise of mutual respect . Bruce feels hard done by... so do we; for quite a few years.

Maybe no one told Bruce about Icarus! I don't hate Bruce as a person. In fact I have no particular emotion for him at all in that regard. I do how er despise his mongrel act of having previously held the club to ransom to then cow-tail it out of town when asked to ante up. Boot on other foot not his liming and then the temerity of calling the clubs morality to task !

Melbourne is forging a strong and determined persona. It's respectful of our heritage, our accomplishments, our creed and our future. Cam, you've stuffed up... Somewhat appropriate !!

There's only ONE team I wish to win a premiership , whether it be 2011,2012 or any year and that's Melbourne.

Bruce had deserted us and I for one wish him his just desserts, abject failure!

It just surprises me the ill feeling you have for Bruce!

He gave me a lot of enjoyment over the years.

In today's football world Players are chewed up and spat out at the whim of the Club.

So if a player decides to leave after a long service so be it.

It does not make him a bum just part of the system.

I still hope he achieves what he could not at the DEES.

Numerous other MFC players have done similar over the years and I have no doubt others will in the future.

Ill feeling?!

Huh?

I wish him all the best without wishing he wins the flag. I'm horrible!!

The bloke left to win a flag and that is fine but I don't like the way he went about and left MFC fans thinking, erroneously, that the MFC was to blame for his histrionics and his decision to leave.

He can return to the club in time and wish him well in his personal life. I certainly wish he doesn't win a flag with Hawthorn though...

Bizarre.

He's at a club that didn't even initially want him after he approached them, he's on less money than we offered him and he has to live by the same year-to-year basis that he would've at the same club that gave him his start in AFL footy - and some would probably still think he was pushed.

As Garry Lyon says, the footy club doesn't owe the player anything. We gave him a go at the MFC to have a shot at AFL, he played for us for 11 years and he walks out and people still want to criticize the club. Unreal.

Bizarre.

He's at a club that didn't even initially want him after he approached them, he's on less money than we offered him and he has to live by the same year-to-year basis that he would've at the same club that gave him his start in AFL footy - and some would probably still think he was pushed.

As Garry Lyon says, the footy club doesn't owe the player anything. We gave him a go at the MFC to have a shot at AFL, he played for us for 11 years and he walks out and people still want to criticize the club. Unreal.

It's a symptom of the syndrome - anything that goes wrong is the fault of the club.

Now I will preface this as pure hypothesy.

Now I'll also confess to being one who thinks that whilst I don't subscribe to Bruce necessarily having tickets on himself I do think his opinion of his place is a little askew to that which history and reality might suggest.

I have more than a sneaking suspicion it's all about a bent ego. Bruce was a senior at our club even captaining some games at times whilst never the official leader as was Junior . Is it too far a stretch to think that after James left he might have thought himself the natural successor. Then to have been dealt a serious reality check when informed by the club that not only would he not the annointed one but that with emerging talent chomping at his heels that even his team section was not as certain as previous (leaner) seasons.

It's coming to pass that Bruces decision to leave really stemmed from a time long before the supposed contract impasse. Hawthorn verify it. I read, can't remember where that Cam was the I instigator of a move ( suggested to Hawthorn) . His mind seemed set prior to trade week but his actions stifled the occurrence of a civil trade. Strange also in a manner that HFC didn't attempt to instigate one( or might they have ?)

Despite any posturing it's seems more and more of someone with nose out of joint , dummy spiti g and taking bat and ball elsewhre even if for less.

What else can it be really ?

Upon arriving at new home he continues the revision of facts in order to deflect any tarnishing of image. Again pandering to his ego.

As more facts unfold they simply don't give credence to Bruce's version of events.

Yeah, we've seen that.

Not necessarily the truth.

But this article is a followup article to the original. Check it out.

"Clarkson confirmed a report in the Herald Sun yesterday, saying the Hawks knew "towards the latter part of the season" that Bruce wanted out of the Demons, through several ex-Melbourne people in the club's football department."

This

i) tends to confirm story

ii) indicates it was originally during the footy season not after. This is a new twist (at least to me)

iii) occurred before the so called Junior (and Miller) "treatment"

This thread could get a new life?

"Clarkson confirmed a report in the Herald Sun yesterday, saying the Hawks knew "towards the latter part of the season" that Bruce wanted out of the Demons, through several ex-Melbourne people in the club's football department."

This

i) tends to confirm story

ii) indicates it was originally during the footy season not after. This is a new twist (at least to me)

iii) occurred before the so called Junior (and Miller) "treatment"

Yeah, I saw that.

I wish the bloke had enough pine to say ' I want to win a flag so i'm pissing off' rather than intimate, through hacks like Ralph and the awful Nixon, that it was the club pushing him out.

Where are your jibes now, Bobby?

Yeah, I saw that.

I wish the bloke had enough pine to say ' I want to win a flag so i'm pissing off' rather than intimate, through hacks like Ralph and the awful Nixon, that it was the club pushing him out.

Whats with this "pine" you keep using?

Is it GenY for "spine"?

So you can't have any respect for Ronald Dale Barassi. Sad,so sad to have such a bitter outlook.

Such irony from someone who was claiming Bruce was sacked! :lol:

Bizarre.

People have to have something in their lives 45. Such cheek.

Careful he can make something else up now.

^^^ lol

Good grief Guys sorry I started all this!

I only said I was sad it ended this way with Cam.

And I hope he has success in the future!

If that is a GF victory so be it.

Lets get on with 2011.

<<Clarkson confirmed a report in the Herald Sun yesterday, saying the Hawks knew "towards the latter part of the season" that Bruce wanted out of the Demons, through several ex-Melbourne people in the club's football department.>>

B) indicates it was originally during the footy season not after. This is a new twist (at least to me)

Interesting.

So the Hawks had a sniff that "Bruce wanted out". Do we take this to mean that Hawthorn's understanding at the time was that Bruce was merely disgruntled at Melbourne or more specifically he wanted to go to Hawthorn (and perhaps had already contacted them)? I'm thinking the latter. The sceptic in me says that all that tripe about the Hawks trying to convince Bruce to stay is an alibi for keeping it under wraps and not working for a trade. Make it look like the final decision to take him was made after the trade period so they could get him in the PSD.

Purely hypothetical I know.

I tend to get the same feeling.

And that may also be coupled with the fact the hawks weren't desperate to get him, just as we weren't desperate to keep him.

If the hawks went hard at him, they'd have to commit and they would've done so during trade week when they'd be pressured to give something up for him.

Instead, they get a little bonus.

But a 31-year-old soft, suspect skilled running player is probably not the highest of their priorities.

So three years ago the Hawks defied conventional wisdom and drafted Stuart Dew who vindicated them by playing an absolute blinder on grand final day the following year. Ever since, I think they've been itching to repeat the dose in the hope that lightning strikes twice. Well, it could happen again but the players and the circumstances are very different now. Dew had been out for a season and worked his butt off for a second chance. He was 28 and it worked. Perhaps they might have been better served by taking Robert Campbell rather than Bruce?

<<Clarkson confirmed a report in the Herald Sun yesterday, saying the Hawks knew "towards the latter part of the season" that Bruce wanted out of the Demons, through several ex-Melbourne people in the club's football department.>>

Ok so previously I had wished him well, and I guess I still do. But this stinks.

So he knew he wanted out during the season yet doesn't actually walk out till after the trade period is over forgoing any chance we have to get something for him.

Of cousre the hawks encouraged protracted negotiations. Though they spin it that they wanted Bruce and the MFC to work it out. He is clearly a more attractive option if he comes to them for free via the PSD.

it would not be unreasonable to presume that the contract with trigger points would only be available to CB if he came through the PSD and not if the hawks had to trade for

him.

At least when McLean felt his opportunities were better elsewhere and left he made sure the club got something for him.

It seems CB has looked after CB, which he is entitled to do, but to suggest the club sacked him or treated him with contempt is laughable.

He was offered a solid contract for 1 year on good money after being one of the highest paid players in the league despite not performing like in that echelon.

If anyone has been let down here it's not CB

Edited by s-t-i-n-g-a

I think most of you get all too caught up with your own self-importance. Brucey is nothing other than a great bloke who simply wants extra security. Yes he has done well in the past financially but when you love your job you want to do it for as long as possible with as much success as possible, whats the issue. The way the club have treated several players in the past(players who got 'us' through the gates) is not great but yet it is a business. We are happy to bag him or the club (as i may have just done). Take a step back and remember what someone has done when they have racked up 200+ games at any level, at the level he has he deserves a bit of respect.

That is all.

Go dees