Cameron Bruce (ouch)

GRUN DEE

When did Bailey & Co show CONTEMPT Bobby?? He was offered a contract for next year, as a 31 year old i think that is a fair situation.

Bruce as not pushed-He walked. Big Difference.

Nope. He wasn't pushed, he was GENTLY shown the door. Bailey and co. offered him an unacceptable contract knowing that Cam would conveniently refuse. They couldn't ask him to 'retire' as well as Junior in the same year could they? Read between the lines. Cam worked so hard over his years at Melbourne and his best mate is Brad Green our most likely captain next year. Not the usual scenario for a guy to walk.

Nope. He wasn't pushed, he was GENTLY shown the door. Bailey and co. offered him an unacceptable contract knowing that Cam would conveniently refuse. They couldn't ask him to 'retire' as well as Junior in the same year could they? Read between the lines. Cam worked so hard over his years at Melbourne and his best mate is Brad Green our most likely captain next year. Not the usual scenario for a guy to walk.

An unacceptable contract, or a realistic contract?

And so he should have been!

Edited by E25

Sorry Bobby you are delusional. He was offered $300K for next year, hardly a shocking contract. You are too soft my friend.

The MFC has raised the bar as i said earlier, and CB was not prepared to back himself.

If he is that fit, he should have.

I have no problems with junior & Bruce leaving in the one year-This is no longer a social club for good mates only.

I want the MFC to be the Best and most Loathed Football club in the land.

Cameron could have been a part of that but HE walked.

If he loses form at Hawthorn he is going to look pretty stupid....(and sad).

An unacceptable contract, or a realistic contract?

Obviously unacceptable in Cam's eyes and Bailey and Co refused to even budge on it. If they had wanted him to stay they could have without any bother. They just didn't want him any more. That's my take. We are all entitled to our opinions are we not? Until I hear anything to the contrary from Bruce himself I'll stay with my personal view on the matter.

I cannot believe you are still sticking to this argument.

That same article in which you profess as proof of our contempt, there is the mention of Bruce on less money at the Hawks!!

So we gave him an unacceptable contract that he was so annoyed with he then promptly signed for less money at a club at which he doesn't have his best friend playing in the team (eyes rolling emoticon).

He wants to win a flag. Stop the hand-wringing and realise that he left for his own reasons and not because we pushed him out the door.

Imagine that - being offered $300k, rejecting it, and settling at another club for less and still getting people to believe you were pushed.

I've said it before - the guy has NPD.

Edited by rpfc

Obviously unacceptable in Cam's eyes and Bailey and Co refused to even budge on it. If they had wanted him to stay they could have without any bother. They just didn't want him any more. That's my take. We are all entitled to our opinions are we not? Until I hear anything to the contrary from Bruce himself I'll stay with my personal view on the matter.

To a degree.

How do you know what Bruce wasn't asking for something unreasonable?

Should they cave on his demands if he wants a 6 year contract or $500K?

The FD needed to set boundaries to work within.

Bruce wasn't happy with those boundaries.

Should the club always just cave and offer more than they were prepared to because a player overrates himself?

This argument has been discussed ad nauseum, with great points illustrated flawlessly, but still you refuse to understand.

Unacceptable to Cam, and realistic to nearly everybody else.

Not to be rude, but how the hell do you know we did not budge on the contract? If you can say that, I can say Cam refused to budge. Negotiation is a 2 way street.

MFC Supporter Syndrome - used to describe any excessive pessimism or self-flagellation associated with being a supporter of the MFC.

eg. torturing yourself over the unlikely situation in which Bruce could win a brownlow now that he has left MFC.

Edited by E25

MFC Supporter Syndrome - used to describe any excessive pessimism or self-flagellation associated with being a supporter of the MFC.

eg. torturing yourself over the unlikely situation in which Bruce could win a brownlow now that he has left MFC.

So a glass is half empty take on proceedings. Thanks.

I'd say its more like totally empty and in the middle of the desert, not a drop in sight. When of course its probably half full and next to a tap. Of course it does have the advantage of mentally preparing one for when things inevitably go [censored] up... in the past this was the case but I feel in the last few years I really feel like the club has turned this around... along with everything else

When the rest of us know that it's really 1/4 full

I'd say it's 1/3 full.

And there are those who suffer the opposite to MFCSS who seem to think it is already 2/3 or more full.

I'd say its more like totally empty and in the middle of the desert, not a drop in sight. When of course its probably half full and next to a tap. Of course it does have the advantage of mentally preparing one for when things inevitably go [censored] up... in the past this was the case but I feel in the last few years I really feel like the club has turned this around... along with everything else

I think that's a key element of MFCSS - pessimism as a form of self-preservation.

To a degree.

How do you know what Bruce wasn't asking for something unreasonable?

Should they cave on his demands if he wants a 6 year contract or $500K?

The FD needed to set boundaries to work within.

Bruce wasn't happy with those boundaries.

Should the club always just cave and offer more than they were prepared to because a player overrates himself?

This argument has been discussed ad nauseum, with great points illustrated flawlessly, but still you refuse to understand.

On the other hand

should the player just lie down and agree?

Interestingly in this situation there has been no bagging of Bruce by the club or any of the players!

Unlike C. Johnson and McLean no adverese comments have come from anyone inside the club.

The only upset people appear to be the uninformed posters .

hahaha the conversation between my father and myself in the car on the way to the football inevitably goes something like this;

dad "who's going to win today?"

me "not us, we'll get pumped by 10 goals or more easy"

after the game

win

"well that was a surprise! how awesome was that!"

loss

"told you so"

On the other hand

should the player just lie down and agree?

Interestingly in this situation there has been no bagging of Bruce by the club or any of the players!

Unlike C. Johnson and McLean no adverese comments have come from anyone inside the club.

The only upset people appear to be the uninformed posters .

No you miss the point entirely.

The only person upset will be Cameron Bruce in about 5 years when he realizes what he did, but by then it will be too late.

The player is employed by the club. Not the other way around. He was offered a contract and he knocked it back, after being very well paid for the proceeding 4 years

The Club always looked after Cameron Bruce, maybe a little too well in hindsight.