Cameron Bruce (ouch)

GRUN DEE

Where did he say that?

And we offered him a f@cking contract!! On around $300k!

How is that showing him the door?!

Bruce is not Harvey or Bradley. Let's just take the glasses off for a second.

And he is fit, great. Then he should back himself to play in the 22 in 2011 and get that second year.

Ther was a space for him on the VL.

It was all there for him. But he wanted a trigger for 2012 or that second year in writing and with our talent being ten years his junior we had other priorities.

Cam Bruce could have stayed and had that second year very easily.

He wanted a flag so he has [censored] off, and that's fine.

I just wish he would come out and say that so some 'keyboard heroes' would stop embarrassing themselves...

He was quoted just after his sacking by the club in either the Age or Herald Sun. Grab a back copy for yourself if you doubt me.

This thread is an absolute embarrassment, full of keyboard warriors.

Cam Bruce was, in my opinion, Melbourne’s best player over the past 10 years. He knows that his days are numbered at Melbourne, so he has looked for an opportunity elsewhere in the hope of extending his career.

Football is his livelihood. Is anyone who is bagging him for not being a one club player going to pay his Mortgage in 2011? Anyone kicking in for McDonalds kids School fees this year? Decades ago players like Robbie Flower had jobs to go to and a life ready for when football was over, now they are professionals and they make decisions based on what is best for them and their families. Most of you praise the Club for being professional about the list management and not letting emotion get in the way, but bag a player for not making emotional decisions? Can’t have it both ways.

He was a great servant of the Club and deserves respect, he has decided to move on and it is not a huge loss to the club. Good luck to him.

I believe many of us may have 'kicked in' at some point.

Apart from your thoughts that he won't be a huge loss, I thought your comments were spot on. A fair minded poster at last!

Most people's opinion? Ever heard of the phrase the noisy MINORITY? You kid yourself Yze Magic disciple.

Why fair? It's a baseless noise made by a minority, perhaps.

What a silly argument to make about us paying for his mortgage.

Legacy is everything, he does an injury (I hope he doesn't) and never plays again, so much for the cash, the security, the legacy.

It is not great if he is noted as our greatest of the last 10 years.

Jolly and Thompson kicked on ok.

Nothing like this scenario. Terrible example

Edited by Demon Hill

He was quoted just after his sacking by the club in either the Age or Herald Sun. Grab a back copy for yourself if you doubt me.

Bruce has got himself tangled in a web of lies and excuses.

Even he's not sure anymore why he left.

Jolly and Thompson kicked on ok.

And there was a bloke called Barassi and he did all right too. I can just imagine our Bruce critics raving on about Ron's walking out of the club. They would be making inane comments like,"He was useless, [censored] poor, greedy etc,etc." He would be the worst in the world.

I can't find any reference to "Bailey treating him with contempt"

They are pretty strong words and would have been quoted here in a flash

Are you sure you're not confused?

Bruce was never "sacked" for crying out loud!!!!

We offered him a contract - a contract of $300,000. I will repeat that - $300,000.

He left after been offered that!!

The football department did nothing wrong. We are a young team on the rise & we cant afford to give a guy who is 31 a 2yr contract - never know where he might be physically after the 2011 season, so we offer him a year at a time - what the hell is wrong with that????

Guest Thomo

Oh, so it was an example that had nothing to do with the Bruce situation?

That makes perfect sense.

Yes, it was in reference to someone saying there is a curse on players that leave Melbourne and they never play well again.

I'm glad that I could again help you understand basic English. Let me know if you require further assistance.

I can't find any reference to "Bailey treating him with contempt"

They are pretty strong words and would have been quoted here in a flash

Are you sure you're not confused?

Sorry, found it

Jon Ralph, Little Paper, 9/11/2010 Cameron Bruce to cop rival pay cut

"Bruce believes his amazing durability at Melbourne, as well as sixth place in this year's best-and-fairest award, meant he would be treated better by the Demons.

But they repeatedly refused to budge on his contract, treating him with what he believed was contempt."

Oh, so it was an example that had nothing to do with the Bruce situation?

That makes perfect sense.

Geez, can we get rid of the quote feature here, everyone just picks out what they want, takes it out of context to back up whatever their own agenda may be, and then the ever constant circle of arguments begins again.

Sorry, found it

"Bruce believes his amazing durability at Melbourne, as well as sixth place in this year's best-and-fairest award, meant he would be treated better by the Demons.

But they repeatedly refused to budge on his contract, treating him with what he believed was contempt."

Thanks mate. I was beginning to think I hadn't read it.

Of course he is, it starts and ends with the bottom line.

That sounds great but he didn't know what sort of deal he would sunsequently get when he first made the decision to explore alternative options though.

Having said that, if it is purely about bottom line then he's had a pretty good bottom line at Melbourne over the years.

Thanks mate. I was beginning to think I hadn't read it.

Just because its reported that he feels that way, does that mean he actually feels that way or infact it actually happened (been treated with contempt)????

Sorry, found it

That was sensationalism from Ralph, hardly the words of Cameron.

And we don't give him a 'trigger' for a second year and that is contempt?

If that is true then Cameron has been treated far too well by the club over the last decade...

Read what it was in reference to. Terrible post.

I did that.

These were younger types seeking opportunity or better opportunity. Nothing at all like this where a veteran has tried to eek an extra year out.

Bruce would have been given the same opportunity next year as he was in 2010, likely in the same role.

He may get 20 extra games at Hawthorn. The other examples had opportunity to end up playing more football at another club than they contributed with us.

Again, a terrible example with little relevance in this case.

I did that.

These were younger types seeking opportunity or better opportunity. Nothing at all like this where a veteran has tried to eek an extra year out.

Bruce would have been given the same opportunity next year as he was in 2010, likely in the same role.

He may get 20 extra games at Hawthorn. The other examples had opportunity to end up playing more football at another club than they contributed with us.

Don't read too much into it Hill, was just a jovial observation I originally made about ex-demons, not meant to be a serious take on the current subject.

Guest Thomo

I did that.

Reread what it was in reference to.

And we don't give him a 'trigger' for a second year and that is contempt?

By that measure the club had been treating Junior with contempt for years. Don't know how he coped.

If that is true then Cameron has been treated far too well by the club over the last decade...

This.

consider his comment that Bailey and co showed complete CONTEMPT towards him. Akin to them saying,"Thanks mate for 11 great seasons, here is the door." Fitness, not age, should have been considered here and Bruce certainly doesn't have any fitness problems. I mean, is 31 really ancient? Remember Robert Harvey and Craig Bradley? They were in their late 30's and still playing great footy. Sad also to see the comments here of the old Bruce knockers. They just can't help themselves with all their completely inaccurate crap about him as a player.

When did Bailey & Co show CONTEMPT Bobby?? He was offered a contract for next year, as a 31 year old i think that is a fair situation.

Bruce was not pushed-He walked. Big Difference.

Edited by why you little