2010 Player Review - # 8 James Frawley

Demonland

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wait until this guy is dominating our backline in Septembers to come. 21 year old AA key defenders don't come along very often. Hell, good defenders are rare enough at Melbourne, so to see him carving up the tip rats and the beer gutted pot-heads alike is awesome viewing.

Just to give everyone a reference point for how good young chip is, here's a snippet from the Zac Dawson article that was in the Hun a couple of days ago:

"Full-backs don't play their best football until about 28. It takes five or six years to get the reaction to the scoreboard out of their system. Look at (Matthew) Scarlett, (Darren) Glass, Silvagni and (Dustin) Fletcher. They all played their best at around 26-30."

As I recall Danny saying a few years ago, it takes a special player and mentality to want to play in "the cage".

Chip loves being in there.

In Chippa We Trust.

A great year by a great player. You don't get a 4 year contract unless your in the elite catagory. Corner stone of the clubs tilt at a flag/s this decade. and only 21 years young, no doubt he can get even better as a player and leader of our club. :)

He is a great example of why being patient while a young player develops to there full potential is vital.

Genuine star at 21. 10 years of good footy ahead of him. I reckon it's fair to say he has every chance of matching the career of someone like Matty Scarlett - he's light years ahead of where Scarlett was at the same age.

Craig Cameron has copped a bit of flak on here - but picking Frawley at 12 is something we should be EXTREMELY grateful for.

A bit of a dud. I think we should package him with Jamar and trade him to Essendon for Alwyn Davey.

On a more serious note (in case anyone feels like taking the above seriously), I love the story from Round 5, where Chip lined up on Jonathan Brown, and Brown turned to him and said "who the f' are you?". I don't think anyone who has played on Chip is ever going to turn around and say that to him ever again, Brown included.

Well on his way to becoming a genuine star of the competition.

A bit of a dud. I think we should package him with Jamar and trade him to Essendon for Alwyn Davey.

On a more serious note (in case anyone feels like taking the above seriously), I love the story from Round 5, where Chip lined up on Jonathan Brown, and Brown turned to him and said "who the f' are you?". I don't think anyone who has played on Chip is ever going to turn around and say that to him ever again, Brown included.

Well on his way to becoming a genuine star of the competition.

Did he really?

Chip gave him an absolute bath that night.

Finally we have an elite defender. Haven't had one while I've been a supporter.

Has every chance of surpassing Scarlett too. Quicker, stronger, faster, taller. Scarlett can't subdue smalls either - something that Chip is very good at.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Did he really?

Chip gave him an absolute bath that night.

Finally we have an elite defender. Haven't had one while I've been a supporter.

Has every chance of surpassing Scarlett too. Quicker, stronger, faster, taller. Scarlett can't subdue smalls either - something that Chip is very good at.

He did and it was either him or Fev that called out to the other that they needed to get hold of a footy record so they could figure out who Frawley and Warnock were.

On Chip - his is probably the most important piece of the puzzle when it comes to going forward as a team. Backmen of his talent are few and far between and he is still a kid with many years great ahead of him.

He is a great example of why being patient while a young player develops to there full potential is vital.

I wouldn't be banking on every young player developing as quickly as chip. He has been extraordinary.

If every young player developed as quickly as chip we'd have the Cup next year!

All Australian.....enough said !!!:)

Can't argue with that 'Bub, and I don't think I've heard or read of anyone disputing his selection ......... and what's more, I reckon he's a solid prospect to receive the honour many times over.

• 1 month later...

I really think this kid is something very special.

I reckon he has it all, the build, the attitude, the balance of aggression and smarts.

Fast becoming my favorite,and every year he gets better.

I bet he will make the all Aussie team year after year from now on.

In fact and it may sound crazy, but imagine the guy at full forward or centre half forward?

The player weve been looking for may be right in our own backyard.

God!, imagine the opposition tryin to match up on him, hes big and very quick.

What a killer forward line it could be with Chipper and LJ, WONA,Greeny,Dunny, Ricky and Wattsy.

Warnock, Garland and Rivers could hold up the backline,with Newton worth a try down there.

Luv to see em try it in a couple of pre season games.