Changes vs Richmond

Nasher

Bit slow off the mark are we this week, folks?

Out: Jurrah, Johnson

In: Trengove, Moloney

Like Maric last week, in my opinion Jurrah was 22nd best player and will demoted accordingly. Not sure if this is the direction the FD will take as we all know what Jurrah can do, but for mine he's just out of form and we need to find room for the remaining two automatic selections.

I don't particularly want to drop Johnson while he's playing good footy, especially when it enables Jamar to operate better as well, but to me this omission would be the one that weakens the side the least.

Trengove apparently tore it up in the VFL which just goes to prove everything many of us said last week - it's a joke that he's in the VFL. Moloney also speaks for himself.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly. Johnson might feel a bit hard done by, and it is tragic that Jurrah has to be dropped...but Trengove and Moloney select themselves. It's getting tougher at the selection table every week - with Bate, Warnock, Jetta, Cheney, Maric, Tapscott all knocking on the door.

If I had my way I'd have Warnock in the team ahead of Rivers...but obviously that's not how the FD sees it.

Edited by The Fire Has Started

OUT Bennel, Jurrah

IN Trengove, Moloney ( If Fit ) or Maric

Not sure how Bate played today, probably need to replace Jurrah with a tall forward so maybe

In's are Trengove and Bate

My thoughts exactly. Johnson might feel a bit hard done by, and it is tragic that Jurrah has to be dropped...but Trengove and Moloney select themselves. It's getting tougher at the selection table every week - with Bate, Warnock, Jetta, Cheney, Maric, Tapscott all knocking on the door.

If I had my way I'd have Warnock in the team ahead of Rivers...but obviously that's not how the FD sees it.

I agree with the FD, I thought Rivers was fantasic in the last quarter, I think the last couple of weeks he has played his best football this year.

Like Maric last week, in my opinion Jurrah was 22nd best player and will demoted accordingly. Not sure if this is the direction the FD will take as we all know what Jurrah can do, but for mine he's just out of form and we need to find room for the remaining two automatic selections.

I don't particularly want to drop Johnson while he's playing good footy, especially when it enables Jamar to operate better as well, but to me this omission would be the one that weakens the side the least.

Trengove apparently tore it up in the VFL which just goes to prove everything many of us said last week - it's a joke that he's in the VFL. Moloney also speaks for himself.

Cant disagree. Jamar and a part timer is all that is required against the Toigs. Trengove and Moloney pick themselves and offer some extra run. Jurrah needs to learn consistent work ethic.

I don't think you can drop PJ and Jurrah. We're short on forward targets how it is and Richmond have 2 big ruckman. Browne would monster Dunn when he back up rucks, which at the same time would take him away from the forward line. I'd also like to give Jamar some forward time against the tigers. I doubt they could stop him from marking it.

It's hard to say the ins without the VFL report, but I think one of Jurrah or Bennell should be dropped for Trengove and if Moloney is fit then a midfielder should come out. Jones has been the one battling but played a good game. The skipped is undropable, so it might have to either Morton or a 'rest' for Scully. Sending him back to the VFL for kicking practice couldn't be the worst idea.

In: Moloney, Trengove

Out: Bennell, Johnson/Jurrah

Bennell and Jurrah need to learn about consistency. I'm also not entirely convinced that Jurrah is fully over his shoulder injury. He doesn't seem to have the same confidence in his overhead marking that he had last year. Johnson shouldn't be required against Richmond (rucks being Graham and Vickery) so I think it could be one of those two.

As most have said, Moloney and Trengove pick themselves so it's a matter for the FD to pick players number 21 and 22 from Brisbane.

Out: Bennell, Johnson

I'm leaving LJ in for one more week. Afterall he has missed most of the season with a shoulder injury, and he should have a good game against the Tigers if Bails gives him a spray for his half-arsed efforts over the last couple of weeks.

When is Grimsey back? :(

Why is everyone dropping forwards when it was our disposal INTO the 50 that was the problem? Bailey has talked about that since the game too, so that would give an inkling into what they're thinking for next round.

What I think the actual changes will be:

IN: Trengove, Moloney, Bate

OUT: Jones (inj), Bail, either Jurrah or Watts (both need confidence that hasn't been forthcoming at AFL level lately)

Pretty disappointed with Juniors game, 14 disposals with low efficiency, especially after coming back via a week at Casey, really think he's just making it to 250 before retiring, so I expect him to play this week despite form. The INs are automatic after good performances, the OUTs are tough but fair I think. I like Bail, but don't seem him as an every week player, just an important depth asset, Watts and Jurrah both need confidence, Watts just needs to learn to trust his instinct and Jurrah needs to find his spark.

Of course, in saying that, it's VERY tough to call, even more so seeing we're back at the G, perfect place to find some confidence.... Sheesh it's hard to call these days, LOVE IT!

I think it has reached a point with the number of weeks missed by Moloney that he (like McDonald and Trengove) will come back through the twos. (if it was only a couple of weeks then yes he selects himself but i think it has gone beyond that).

Surely people are waking up that we need that second ruckman. Using Dunn and Sylvia also hurts the types of games that both are playing at the moment. Johnson is doing ok and will stay.

I believe LJ will stay too for at least one more week.

Whilst i don't think Bennell has been bad, or that he should be dropped on the weekend's game alone, he is probably in the gun given the pressure on for spots.

Based on this (and assuming no injuries or suspensions):

Out: Bennell

In: Trengove

If Sylvia gets sighted for a front on hit and goes then i believe Maric will come in.

Warnock is stiff but the backline is functioning really well at the moment and none of them deserve to be dropped.

If they drop LJ then Bate will come in as the replacement forward target.

Tapscott is getting closer :)

Looking forward to what will be an exciting match.

Edited by Grandson of a gun

I think it has reached a point with the number of weeks missed by Moloney that he (like McDonald and Trengove) will come back through the twos. (if it was only a couple of weeks then yes he selects himself but i think it has gone beyond that).

Moloney was injured against Freo, i.e. he has missed two weeks.

I meant that he was gone in the first minute of that game. That was effectively three weeks for the injury.

Don't get me wrong, he is great and up until recently i think he would have been automatically back in but based on the FD's recent selection decisions, i wouldn't be surprised to see him come back through the two's. That's all.

OUT: Jones (inj), Bail, either Jurrah or Watts (both need confidence that hasn't been forthcoming at AFL level lately)

No way will Watts be dropped. 15 kgs & some more confidence with decision making & we have a star. Is developing nicely, let him continue to do so.

Moloney, if fit will not come straight back. Junior & Trengove go through Casey, so too will Beamer.

IN - Trengove is a certainty.

OUT - Jurrah - not too concerned if he stays as needs still to develop but his pressure & presence, not just yesterday but in the last few games has been found wanting. For me, he is a certainty to be dropped. The coach may talk about delivery but this wasn't the sole reason for this part of Jurrah's game. A week back at Casey might be a good thing and no one should be beyond a rocket.

Also, Nath Jones was hobbling and could go out. Don't think we need PJ this week. Bennell will need to get more of the ball but he does some great things and his pressure and chasing is the opposite of what Jurrah's has been and for that IMO he deserves to stay.

If Nath Jones is out I would like to see Tapscott given a run against the Toiges, he can play half forward, half back or in the middle.

Matt Warncock - our back line is superb & Warnock is BOG every week at Casey, unlucky but just not a spot there.

IN - Trengove, Bate, Tapscott

OUT - Jones, Jurrah, Johnson

No way will Watts be dropped. 15 kgs & some more confidence with decision making & we have a star. Is developing nicely, let him continue to do so.

Have every faith in Watts and have stood up for him on numerous occasions but I think people are overassesing his game on Saturday night. For the sake of his DEVELOPMENT I would like to see him use a game or two at Casey to try learning to trust his great football instinct and not overthink and second guess himself.

IN

Trenners , Maric

OUT

PJ and Jurrah

I would love to see us smash the Tiges and to do that they need to go with the psycho tackling gameplan with non stop pressure in our forwardline - Trenners and Maric will provide that

We can make do with just Jamar and some pinch hitting from Dunn for 25%

Did anyone see Colin Garland limping badly in the warm down video on the MFC site. Did anyone in Brisbane notice this after the game. Also heard from a Melbourne based supporter who went to the game in Brisbane that he was really impressed by the Queensland supporter base and the noise that they made. He said that he had never heard anything like it. Well done.