Changes for next week

Gouga

In: Jurrah, Sylvia, Bail, Warnock, Morton

Out: Grimes :(, MacDonald (turnover king and not a long term player for us), Jetta/Bennell, Cheney, Jones

Tempted to get rid of Dunn, but it probably won't happen. Mind you, if Morton was dropped last week, then Bate deserves to be dropped this week. He did less than nothing.

Five changes? You wish jellyfish.

IN: Jurrah, Sylvia, Morton

OUT: Jetta, Bate, Grimes

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may be in trouble for a punch to Goddards gut earlier in the game also.

I think Cheney will be out next week either way. Just a matter of suspention or dropped.

Brendon Goddard should go play soccer. It was good acting

Dunn IMO is still not good enough, and probably never will be good enough to be a premiership player.

Jaded I also have my misgivings about Dunn but to say he will never be good enough to be a premiership player is not a great argument. Our own Stevie Armstrong is not good enough to be a premiership player but guess what, he is one ! Clay Sampson - who'd a thunk it ! Footy history is littered with 'em.

Sometimes it's about playing a role & being in the right place at the right time. Mario Bortolotto from Carlton can write a thesis on the subject.

Go your hardest on Dunn but give us something a bit more tangible.

In: Bail, Jurrah, Sylvia

Out: Grimes (inj.), Bartam, Spencer

I've really liked Barty this year, but he's fallen away the last couple of weeks, hasn't really performed signifiant shut down roles or impacted upon the game. He doesn't deserve a spot ahead of those incoming.

Wow, I just don't know about Spencer... I appreciate he's young, inexperienced, etc. But he appears to have next to no hand-eye coordination. You can't coach that and it doesn't come with experience. Yes, our ruck stocks are thin, but is this the best we can do? I don't think PJ is the answer, Stef Martin has a lot of work to do and Gawn is a couple of years away but perhaps we have to go to the trade well for another ruck. North have more than they know what to do with. I'd take any one of McIntosh, Petrie, Hale & Goldstein in a heartbeat.

Jaded I also have my misgivings about Dunn but to say he will never be good enough to be a premiership player is not a great argument. Our own Stevie Armstrong is not good enough to be a premiership player but guess what, he is one ! Clay Sampson - who'd a thunk it ! Footy history is littered with 'em.

Sometimes it's about playing a role & being in the right place at the right time. Mario Bortolotto from Carlton can write a thesis on the subject.

Go your hardest on Dunn but give us something a bit more tangible.

Sure Dunn has his issues but I would have him every day ahead of Miller. He wants the ball in his hands, is a much better kick and has some goal sense.

Worst for me were Bate and Cheyney today, would love to drop both of them but Bate can play.

What is the go with the inside 50s we have copied Geelong's style of play but they get it in there 60 times a game and we do it 30????????

In Sylvia, Jurrah and Bail.

Out Grimes inj., Cheyney, N. Jones (not an A Grade mid and never will be. Did he tag Dal Santo? I thought Dal was one of the best for them) Nate Jones while he tries his guts out he is a little like Natanui does 2 - 3 things that you love but not a lot else)

Joel MacDonald will be needed to help cover Grimes abscence but gosh can he make some howler errors............would have liked to pick up a kid with PSD 1 to be honest in hindsight.

Morton should be played as an attacking winger that can float forward and use his height and endurance. Not as a back pocket.

B: Bartram Frawley McDonald

Bruce Rivers Garland

Davey Trengove Sylvia

Watts Bate Bennell

Dunn Jurrah Green

Jamar Moloney McKenzie

Spencer Scully Bail Jetta

GET IT INSIDE 50 QUICK GUYS!!!!!!

I HATE THE BOMBERS.

Why does everyone insist we bring Morton in, he is the only AFL player to ever run away from anther man on the footy field and he is just not up to it. I seriously cannot understand why everyone loves him so much, he does not have an effect on games, and NEVER gets the hard ball.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Why does everyone insist we bring Morton in, he is the only AFL player to ever run away from anther man on the footy field

Another person sucked in by 10 second footy show crap. :rolleyes:

Ran away to get the ball - y'know that oval thing that a team needs to have if they want to win a game. Watch the whole thing rather than the soundbite crap and then tell me that he didn't do the team thing.

INS - Bail, Jurrah, Morton, Sylvia, Warnock

OUTS - Grimes, MacDonald, Jetta, Spencer, Cheney

Don't think Junior will be right this week

Bate is lucky that its the Bombers and they have no back line right now.

Is asking too much to bring Blease straight in from the casey two's? B)

Warnock to play on the resting ruckman

In: Sylvia, Morton, Bail

Out: Grimes, Jetta, Bate

- Don't know if dropping Bate will be on the minds of the FD, but it's certainly on my mind. He was an absolute passenger yesterday - worse than Morton was the week before. He was okay the week before though so that may have an influence.

- I don't mind how Jetta's coming along, but think Bail and Morton both offer more in the middle at this point.

- I'm not a huge Cheney fan, but considering he's been playing well at Casey all year and was okay yesterday, I'd be prepared to give him a bit longer to see where he's at.

But he appears to have next to no hand-eye coordination. You can't coach that and it doesn't come with experience.

Watch some early Dean Cox. Not saying Spencer will reach those heights, but Cox is a great example of how horribly uncoordinated young talls can be. It's not uncommon for tall people to take a lot longer to develop their hand-eye coordination than most. I'm not worried -- yet.

Watch some early Dean Cox. Not saying Spencer will reach those heights, but Cox is a great example of how horribly uncoordinated young talls can be. It's not uncommon for tall people to take a lot longer to develop their hand-eye coordination than most. I'm not worried -- yet.

Cox was a rookie list player Nasher so your statement here would have to have some level of truth, the recruiters saw enough to have some doubts and look at him now.

Spence looked terribly unco at times yesterday, seems to still be getting use to his frame and getting around the park, but he also seems to get to where the ball is quite often. I still compare him to Jacobs from Carlton who was just as bad but has but on more bulk than Spence. He is certainly worth persevering with while Gawn and Fitzy continue to come on. Would be a bit nervous if Russian went down and Spence was left alone though.

In: Jurrah(I think they'll give him one more week in the VFL), Sylvia, Bail, Warnock

Out: Spencer, Rivers(how he is still in the team is beyond me), Jetta, Grimes

- Jamar should be able to take Ryder and Bellchambers on his own, Sylvia or Dunn can pinch hit for 5 minutes each quarter

- Warnock to take Gumbleton, Frawley to take Hurley???

- I'm not sure whether or not will bring LJ in, however surely considering Essendon lack of key defenders it would be the perfect game to ease him in

- Jones to tag Watson

So Bate kicks four goals when we almost never went inside 50 one week, then has a bad game the next week and some want him dropped? Jeepers.

In: Bail, Sylvia, Jurrah

Out: Grimes, Bartram, Jetta

Bail for Grimes is a direct swap in that Bail will give us the run off half back we'll lose without Grimes.

Can't play both Bartram and Cheney in the same side. Bartram has had his turn, is a complete liability with the ball in his hands, and Cheney wasn't worse than him.

Jurrah might not be ready, in which case it might be Morton coming back in. Jetta doesn't get enough ball and I'm not sure if we need him and Bennell in the same team given they're both quite low possession getters. Spencer and Rivers are another two I'd be looking at.

Is asking too much to bring Blease straight in from the casey two's? B)

And only playing half a game? Hopefully over the next month he can build up to 4 quarters of football, play one or two games in the Casey seniors then get a token game (if his body is ok/form doesn't warrent it) to show him the pace etc of AFL to wet his appetite and to add extra motivation during teh pre-season for next season.

In: Jurrah, Sylvia, Bail, Warnock, Morton

Out: Grimes :(, MacDonald (turnover king and not a long term player for us), Jetta/Bennell, Cheney, Jones

Tempted to get rid of Dunn, but it probably won't happen. Mind you, if Morton was dropped last week, then Bate deserves to be dropped this week. He did less than nothing.

I had originaly thought to wait to bring Jurrah back,, to make sure hes primed and fit but by all accounts he's moving well and the engine is building.I think we NEED to roll the dice this week in order to stop the haemoraging. Watts is starting now to play ( not attend ) and more the better for his efforts. But He needs help up hte front and I do recall his games with Jurrah went well as they seem to not crowd each other. Both can play well up field and draw defenders away. This will cause a major headache for Knights I sense.

Bate I trust will return to form and form the third leg of that attacking forward set up. ALl will benefit from a fit Sylvia returning with him hopefully stamping a little more asurity and composure going forward off of a half back rebound. Who for Grimes? I cant see Bailey making five changes. I tend to think we'll see Bail Morton and Warnock named on the extended bench with a decision as to which of the three left til last to add impetus to their training and endevour. I tend to think possibly Warnock, but depending on match ups possibly Morton if on song. I tend to think Bail might only get a run if a front 6 opening appears. He can fron front and back though.

Cant see Jones being dropped for whilst hes not producing quite the same nor is he playig teh same role as old. He seems the new designated tagger apprentice. The staf are bound to perervere with him whilst he shows gradual improvement ( and he is ) The more positive midfiled roles are covered by others now. A couple of guys might be a bit stiff getting dropped to allow the Cream back in. Possibly Jetta and Cheney

add Morton to the Ins.

Out should be Cheney (horrible game and should never have been selected in first place),

Tough not to give him a second game. His form for Casey was good and that should be rewarded. Whether he is good enough to stay in teh side is up to him

Tough not to give him a second game. His form for Casey was good and that should be rewarded. Whether he is good enough to stay in teh side is up to him

Cheney may stay in because of the injury to Grimes. Bell is an option for Grimes, has been OK for Casey for quite a while. Makes disposal mistakes, but might be quick and tough enough to scare the daylights out of young Bomber players like Zaharakis or Melksham.

Sylvia has to come in if fit. Bail, Morton, Jurrah and Maric are possibilities. Bail provided great run early in the season, and is tough. With the Bombers' depleted ruck, Jamar might go it alone again and a runner like Bail included for Spencer.

Strauss did his hamstring at Casey, Wonnaeamirri did his shoulder.

Cheney may stay in because of the injury to Grimes. Bell is an option for Grimes, has been OK for Casey for quite a while. Makes disposal mistakes, but might be quick and tough enough to scare the daylights out of young Bomber players like Zaharakis or Melksham.

Sylvia has to come in if fit. Bail, Morton, Jurrah and Maric are possibilities. Bail provided great run early in the season, and is tough. With the Bombers' depleted ruck, Jamar might go it alone again and a runner like Bail included for Spencer.

Strauss did his hamstring at Casey, Wonnaeamirri did his shoulder.

HELL NO!

Bell is slower, has far less skill and can't take a mark like Grimes. He has no place in the senior side. Also, he's been playing as an inside mid or a tagger all season, not a back flank. I'd rather see them drop Green back to fill the spot than bring in someone like Bell.

Bell is slower, has far less skill and can't take a mark like Grimes. He has no place in the senior side.

I will never stamp a player "never to be selected". That's just dumb, and there has to be reward for effort. If he shows consistent form at Casey he's a chance. FWIW, while Bell has deficiencies in terms of awareness and disposal, I don't think he's slow.

We don't have Grimes. We have to look at replacements and what they might contribute to the side. That may or may not include Bell.

I will never stamp a player "never to be selected". That's just dumb, and there has to be reward for effort. If he shows consistent form at Casey he's a chance. FWIW, while Bell has deficiencies in terms of awareness and disposal, I don't think he's slow.

We don't have Grimes. We have to look at replacements and what they might contribute to the side. That may or may not include Bell.

I think it was Whispering Jack that nominated Tom McNamara as Demonland Missing Player of the week this week. Seeing as Strauss has been injured Tom may have been given a chance with Grimes injury. Pity that we wont get to see him as I think he could offer something it is injury such as Grimes that will get him an opportunity. Not good timing for Tom to be the recipient of the award this week!

Edited by Demon Jack 16

Dunn IMO is still not good enough, and probably never will be good enough to be a premiership player.

If we are serious about building a team that is of sufficient quality to win a flag, then we need to get serious about playing guys like Morton ahead of Dunn.

He was OK today, he has been OK all season, but if this is the best we are going to get from him, then I'll pass. The same goes for MacDonald and Cheney. They are just players, and just players don't win you premierships. Jones and Moloney are in a similar boat, but they are needed for their big bodies in the middle and in Moloney's case the clearance work and his leadership. But long term, I actually hope they struggle to get a regular game because that means we have found better quality midfielders.

This is not a slur on any of these guys, who work hard and give their all. Unfortunately talent can't be purchased at Safeway, so it doesn't matter how hard you try, if you're lacking the talent and you don't play a key role in the team (e.g.- Ruck/ KPP), chances are your place in the side will forever be unsure. I've seen us pump countless games into very average footballers for years. Hopefully we don't fall into the same trap again under Bailey. I'd rather lose by 55 points with a team full of experimental kids than lose by 25 points with average players who try hard but won't get us very far.

Good post and agree with most of what you have said. However at the moment there are several players that are not up to it at this stage. I think we have to persist with some and IMO- and respect yours

Dunn is in my best 22.

Agree he is 21 debut in 2009 - he is a big unit and will develop.