• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes for next week

Bates Mate

Out- Wonna - will be shown up big time against geelong he needs at least 3 games at casey (jetta and bennell willl give us all the forward pressure we need) ,

Garland - looks a bit off the pace needs a bit more fitness/touch

In Bruce (even the haters know he is an automatic selection), Bate

Miller to relieve Jamar in he ruck sylvia never again

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out - Rivers can't catch the ball, can't keep up with an opponent.

Wonna, not up to it yet

someone else for team balance because of Geelong's gorrillas

In - Bruce, can catch a ball and keep up with an opponent

Bate, need him

Warnock, to take care of a gorilla or two

Edited by ucanchoose

Warnock, Rivers, Garland and Frawley = too heavy. Garland played his worst game today. Doesn't automatically mean he should be dropped but he needs to get back to jumping and punching the ball and stop holding on to his opponent!

Next week, we need to cover Mooney, Hawkins, Podsiadly, Steve Johnson, and then Chapman/Varcoe and co. Would be nice if, for once, Chapman doesn't murder us.

OUT: Wonaeamirri (not match-fit), Macdonald (Warnock is better than him)

IN: Bate, Bruce

So Warnock is better than MacDonald who you want to drop, but you won't bring Warnock back in? :wacko:

Warnock is easily in our best 18. He didn't play due to matchups this week and probably due to some soreness. Next week we'll have Mooney and Pods to worry about, and he will play if he's anywhere near full fitness.

I'm actually a bit shocked that people don't think we will not bring him straight back in. He and Frawley are our best defenders.

Tonight's game must have been about as energy sapping a game as you can get.

IMO we need to make a few changes simply to allow for this factor. Bring in a few who missed tonight and who will be fresh for next week and give a few a lighter load in the VFL or off the park altogether next week.

I think Jordan Gysberts might be a big chance to come in for Jordie McKenzie or Tom Scully (reiterate - resting purposes, not for form).

Agreed Aussie might need to go back to Casey to get some match fitness up.

Fortunately, we are developing some depth and there are going to be lots of players in the mix for Saturday's game at Skilled.

So Warnock is better than MacDonald who you want to drop, but you won't bring Warnock back in? :wacko:

Warnock is easily in our best 18. He didn't play due to matchups this week and probably due to some soreness. Next week we'll have Mooney and Pods to worry about, and he will play if he's anywhere near full fitness.

I'm actually a bit shocked that people don't think we will not bring him straight back in. He and Frawley are our best defenders.

Clearly I intended to bring him in or I wouldn't have mentioned him at all. I'm not sure who else to drop though. I wouldn't bring in Bruce, but we can't fool ourselves that the FD would leave him out. I guess that there'll be someone who doesn't pull up well from the game, and that'll be the person who misses. I'm with you re Warnock. I think he's mega important and wouldn't think twice about bringing him in next week. I just forgot to include him in our INS. I hope the FD don't make the same mistake.

Warnock has to come back, for either rivers or garland. i'd say Rivers.

We need someone to support Jamar (great effort tonight). Lets try Spencer in the ruck and Jamar up forward, same as the Carlton match last year. It's only the Cats at Geelong, lets try it.

If Bate is fit we also can bring him back, possibly for wonna. They may also drop Garland for a ruckman, but Garland will be a long term player. It's very hard to reach top form without a decent pre-season.

Maybe Gysberts in to give McKenzie or Scully a rest, however i think Gysberts will play his 1st game against either Carlton or Collingwood, as both games are at the G.

next week we have the cats at skilled stadium...i would prefer to take fit and ready players rather than people on debut down there...would be a hell of a first game...for a bloke like gsyberts...serious...there is no rush to bring him in...watts needs the run though.

IMO we need to make a few changes simply to allow for this factor. Bring in a few who missed tonight and who will be fresh for next week and give a few a lighter load in the VFL or off the park altogether next week.

I think Jordan Gysberts might be a big chance to come in for Jordie McKenzie or Tom Scully (reiterate - resting purposes, not for form).

Fortunately, we are developing some depth and there are going to be lots of players in the mix for Saturday's game at Skilled.

I agree Jack some players will not come up next week after tonights game. Expect some youngsters to miss with "general soreness". Aussie can also now go and get fit at Casey now that the promotional exercise is over.

Without doubt we will need to rest a number of players, and I'm sure some of the boys will pull up better than others, so a lot of the decisions about Ins and Outs will no doubt be left till later in the week.

Gysberts has to get a game soon, while Warnock and Bate are walk-up starts if fit. Spencer or Martin have to support Jamar, before he has a heart attack on the field.

Geelong played at the G on Friday, so they have an extra day rest and they played in good conditions. Fit and fresh players will probably be more important next week than necessarily having the most potentially talented players out there. This is where guys like Bail, Strauss, Cheney, Maric and so forth might be in with a chance. We are better off giving them a run than play guys who will struggle to run out the second half of the game. Even just a 10 minute snooze from us next week will result in a 100 point thrashing.

In: Warnock and Bruce. Out: 2 of Rivers, Garland, MacDonald or Morton.

In: Spencer Out: Wona - Wona didn't do much tonight, Bennell and Jetta have him covered and we need a back up for Jamar

Possibly

In: Bate or Gysberts Out:A young midfielder just for a rest, McKenzie probably, or Scully

IN: Bate, Bruce, Dunn (2nd ruckman/utility), Warnock

OUT: Bartram, Rivers, Wonna, McKenzie (purely for a rest after a taxing game, if Moloney is suspended then keep him in).

Ins: Warnock, Bate, ???

Dees darwin team

B: Bartram, Macdonald, Rivers

HB: Grimes, Frawley, Garland

C: McDonald, Trengove, Davey

HF: Bennell, Miller, Morton

F: Jones, Green, Watts

FOLL: Jamar, Moloney, Sylvia

I/C: Scully, Wonaeamirri, McKenzie, Jetta,

EMG: Strauss, Dunn, Spencer

IN: Miller, Macdonald, Wonaeamirri, Morton, Spencer

OUT: Bruce (hamstring), Johnson, Bate (ankle), Hughes, Warnock (soreness)

Its hard to find players to take out. Will they rest anyone?

People want Bartram out, but think of who we are playing next week. You take out Bartram and who plays on Burns, Stokes and Varcoe?

They have plenty of smalls who can hurt us... well they have 22 players who will hurt us, but Bartram is our best small defensive option right now.

I'd have Garland on Pods, Warnock on Mooney and Frawley on Steve Johnson. Bartram takes Burns and you can have MacDonald on Varcoe and Grimes on Stokes.

Rivers will have no match up next week as far as I can see, because all of Geelong's forward will kill him on the lead.

I agree Jack some players will not come up next week after tonights game. Expect some youngsters to miss with "general soreness". Aussie can also now go and get fit at Casey now that the promotional exercise is over.

Wonna needed to play this week to continue building his fitness, I agree he looked a underdone, but he was effective, Casey didn't play today, so Wonna would have missed a game setting back his fitness, &, we won.

I think we could say, the experiment just passed.

And Jimma has done it again. What a way to start to win that Darwin crew over.

People want Bartram out, but think of who we are playing next week. You take out Bartram and who plays on Burns, Stokes and Varcoe?

They have plenty of smalls who can hurt us... well they have 22 players who will hurt us, but Bartram is our best small defensive option right now.

I'd have Garland on Pods, Warnock on Mooney and Frawley on Steve Johnson. Bartram takes Burns and you can have MacDonald on Varcoe and Grimes on Stokes.

Rivers will have no match up next week as far as I can see, because all of Geelong's forward will kill him on the lead.

Who do you give to Hawkins? I'd be looking at Rivers to take him when he's forward. Possibly even have him take Pods and Garland follow Hawkins around the ground. Who knows?