Demonland Player of the Year

Demonland

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to start by saying....so many good players tonight which was pleasing.

6 - Jamar

5 - McDonald

4 - Jetta

3 - Sylvia

2 - Trengove

1 - Miller

Those who missed but could have easily have registered a vote from me: Bennell, Davey, Frawley, Green, Scully, Watts. Jones did ok.

I do recall during the game the following frustrations : -

Moloney's quick fire handballing after a string of handballs. Was frustrating at times and put teammates under the pump. Doesn't show up in the clangers for Moloney.

When Port had all the ball in the last quarter some of Green's disposals when we just needed some composure and leadership when we did have the ball in his hands, he let us down. (The first 3 quarters were good from Green).

Davey going off in the last quarter, put us under pressure on the kickouts after Port were peppering away at the goals.

I also think some of the flak Garland is copping is being a tad tedious. I think he did quite well. The errant handball which resulted in a turnover & score was one mistake where he needed to show a bit more composure. I certainly don't think he should be dropped. He will be needed next week.

I thought Davey's smother late was brilliant. Tried hard all night and should pull up sore. It's no wonder he came off when required. Many were out on their legs in the last quarter.

There was good support up there in Darwin for the Dees. Perhaps it should be called "Dreamtime in Darwin" with both Port & Melbourne well represented.

"Dreamtime at the G" these days see so many one sided blow out margins, carried out by the red & black each year. I don't think perenial cellar dwellars Richmond had any indigenous players represented in last nights flopbuster.

6. Davey

5. Green

4. Miller

3. Jamar

2. Trengove

1. Bennell

Apologies to Frawley, Watts, McDonald, Jetta and Scully

"Dreamtime at the G" these days see so many one sided blow out margins, carried out by the red & black each year. I don't think perenial cellar dwellars Richmond had any indigenous players represented in last nights flopbuster.

Actually, Richmond had won 7 of the last 9 against the Bombers.

They also had Tambling playing for them.

There was good support up there in Darwin for the Dees. Perhaps it should be called "Dreamtime in Darwin" with both Port & Melbourne well represented.

My friend was at the G last night and said the result was well known for a while and they were so bored that whenever they showed our scores up on the big screen there was a huge cheer for Melbourne! :)

Junior and the Russian both polled the same number of votes so it's still the skipper by very little with Chip and one of the Jacks next.

69.844 James McDonald

68.360 Mark Jamar

60.593 James Frawley

56.401 Jack Grimes

50.125 Brent Moloney

36.527 Jack Trengove

33.071 Tom Scully

32.347 Colin Sylvia

30.616 Brad Green

22.147 Matthew Bate

20.656 Ricky Petterd

20.446 Aaron Davey

19.567 Jordie McKenzie

18.567 Jamie Bennell

15.431 Nathan Jones

15.283 Matthew Warnock

10.760 Cameron Bruce

8.211 Rohan Bail

8.073 Neville Jetta

7.921 Lynden Dunn

7.064 Brad Miller

5.250 Clint Bartram

2.453 Jack Watts

1.705 Joel Macdonald

Green best on, are you serious! Was good, but he had some absolute shocking patches of play in the middle of the game. Very fumbly.

6. Davey - sets up our best passages

5. Junior

4. Jetta - sensational pressure, hard at it and used it nicely

3. Jamar

2. Bennell

1. Frawley

Apologies to Miller, Trengove, Jones, Sylvia, Green and others. When 22 guys play a role its amazing what can happen.

How can you leave out Miller? Its a hard week with a spread even effort, but 5 Goals from Miller He must be in everyones top 6.

They also had Tambling playing for them.

Tambling wasn't present last night.

I was referring to last night; have now made it clearer.

If you were referring to previous 'Dreamtime' games you are right, he has played. And previous results...that's amazing, were they all 'Dreamtime' promoted games though ?

Fwiw, I like the sound of the concept of mine, 'Dreamtime in Darwin' as I mentioned earlier.

A great all round effort by many....clearly were eager to get the result.....bit more of that last week and we would have 6 wins on the board by now but these boys become more exciting to watch by the week......

6 - Bennell - i'll give him BOG because I have been in to him at times for a lack of consistency, but he seems to be putting more full games together which is great because he has a lot to offer! The BOG could have easily gone to others below.

5 - Junior Mac - This bloke is just an out an out star....flick through the papers and at last he is around the top 10 of the papers awards as he deserves to be - THE MOST gutsy leader in the AFL with the lowest profile, which proves profile means nothing when you lead like Junior does!!

4 - Chip Frawley - Of course the forwards finish off the work and if Motlop is allowed to do so we wouldve lost the game - even when Port had the run on in the last, besides a handball over the top Motlop STILL didnt get near it - Chip is OUTSTANDING!!

3 - Miller - I could almost give Watts a 0.5 and Brad a 2.5 because I said two weeks ago Brad deserves a chance to be played with Watts and some smalls aorund them would love it!! One game doesn't prove everything but gee it worked well....with Sylvia playing well off half forward (and in the ruck..OMG!!) the forward line looked more mobile than for some time.

2 - Trengove - He and Scully - it just brings a smile to the face....JT is very clean and head over the ball always - and the hit over the line for the point......gotta love that!! If anyone gets a chance have a look at the TAC cup from last year - watch Skull and JT dominate, watch Gysberts dominate, watch Tapscott kick bags and watch a raw Fitzpatrick show plenty - this team is going to be some force!!

1 - Jetta - apologies to Green, Davey, Jamar, Sylvia and others but I'll go with Nifty Nev for the last because of the huge influence he had on the game in only his first for the year....once Wonna gets fit if they reckon Setanta's little friends are good.....wait til they see these boys....oh did I mention Jurrah!!!!

A great win Dees - can be tough to watch a decent lead melt away like that and I must admit I thought "not another one goal loss" but to take the lead back twice was fantastic by the boys.

Bring on the cats!

Must say that I can't remember a game where there's been so much variation of opinion about the best players in both the media and on this thread. Jetta, for one, has a lot of BOGs here but others haven't put him in the top 6. Various media outlets have given their BOGs to Frawley, to Junior, to Miller, to Davey & to Jetta, and in many cases these guys don't figure in the top 6 elsewhere. This can only be a good thing.