THE KADATJI MAN

Demonland

I'm actually disappointed Cousins isn't playing for the Toigs. I like watching players like him, it would be a great learning experience for our young midfielders, and I don't think he would have much influence on the result (I'm expecting it to be closer than many think).

I almost considered starting a petition amongst Dees supporters for Cousins to play... :)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think that there is less chance of that occurring now rather than later in the team's development. At the moment the boys have only just started to get a taste of what it's like to win a game of football. They are probably still intoxicated with the feeling. They are probably still hungry for more. It is when we start to win on a more regular basis that I will worry about the hunger not being there.

I made a similar post recently, almost word for word in some parts. It's fair to say I agree :)

Now that the squad is up, I cant wait for the first poster to say "I hope they drop Bartram" or "I hope they drop Bruce" despite the fact they're both named in the starting 18.

FWIW I'd pick Jordie Mc, Joel Mc, Bennell and Juice from those 7 interchange players. Scully to have a dominant hitout for Casey to get some confidence.

And this is the Richmond team, who have possibly broken the record for the most ever ins (9!)

RICHMOND v MELBOURNE

Richmond

B: Shane Edwards, Alex Rance, Matthew Dea

HB: Mitch Farmer, Kelvin Moore, Matt White

C: Dustin Martin, Brett Deledio, Trent Cotchin

HF: Troy Taylor, Jack Riewoldt, Mitch Morton

F: Ben Nason, Jayden Post, Richard Tambling

Foll: Troy Simmonds, Daniel Jackson, Shane Tuck

I/C (from): Tyrone Vickery, David Astbury, Jake King, Graham Polak, Robin Nahas, Tom Hislop, Andrew Collins

In: Polak, Hislop, Nahas, Collins, Farmer, King, Taylor, Astbury, Dea

Out: Chris Newman (leg), Luke McGuane (club susp), Dean Polo (club susp), Relton Roberts, Daniel Connors (club susp), Ben Cousins (club susp)

I would hope they Play - > Tyrone Vickery, Robin Nahas, David Astbury, Andrew Collins

Melbourne

B: James McDonald, Matthew Warnock, James Frawley

HB: Cameron Bruce, Colin Garland, Lynden Dunn

C: Jack Trengove, Aaron Davey, Clint Bartram

HF: Brad Green, Ricky Petterd, Nathan Jones

F: Colin Sylvia, Matthew Bate, Rohan Bail

Foll: Mark Jamar, Jack Grimes, Brent Moloney

I/C (from): Joel MacDonald, Jordie McKenzie, Tom Scully, Jamie Bennell. Michael Newton, Kyle Cheney, Jake Spencer

In: Sylvia, Cheney, Spencer

Out: -

So one of MacDonald, McKenzie, Scully, Bennell or Newton will go for Sylvia. I can't imagine Bennell would go after his performance last week. McKenzie's been playing well too. So it'll be Scully or MacDonald I'd think. Edit: Or Newton, of course. Most likely to go, actually.

Dunn lucky again.

G'day 'titan_uranus',,, looking at the teams, I read it this way>,

I don't think we're ready to cut Newton just yet, & 'Casey' IMO, needs Spencer to lead that following division. I am still of the opinion that we'll stay with one Ruckman this week. We may want spencer to play against the Lions next week,,, But,,, I can't find the players which have to go out...

Melbourne

B: Garland, Warnock, Bartram

HB: Bail, Frawley, Sylvia

C: Trengove, McKenzie, Jnr McDonald

HF: Dunn, Bate, Davey

F: Petterd, Green, Newton

Foll: Jamar, Grimes, Moloney

I/C: Bruce, Bennell, Scully, Jones

Emerg: Spencer, Cheney, Jl MacDonald

In: Sylvia, Cheney, Spencer

I'm actually disappointed Cousins isn't playing for the Toigs. I like watching players like him, it would be a great learning experience for our young midfielders, and I don't think he would have much influence on the result (I'm expecting it to be closer than many think).

I almost considered starting a petition amongst Dees supporters for Cousins to play... :)

yeah, would of loved to see scully play on cousins the whole game. could of really given him an idea of what an elite runner is.

WTF is the point in dropping Scully?

He was the number one draft pick and is going to play a huge part in our rise up the ladder. Needs as much game time as possible IMO

Yes, but you also want to instil in every player the idea that good performance will keep you in the team, and poor performance (no matter who it's from) will see you dropped. If Scully is dropped (which he should be because he was one of our worst performers two weeks in a row), but is a s good a player as his draft pick suggests, then he'll dominate in the VFL and be swiftly re-included in the senior side at the expense of another poorly-performed player. It's a fool-proof plan. Scully still gets game time (albeit at a lower level), less "fashionable" youngsters like Bail and McKenzie get to stay in the position that they've earned, and everybody realizes what it takes to keep a spot in the team.

Casey Scorpions v Collingwood

Sunday 18, Casey Fields at 2.00pm

Casey Scorpions:

B: Stockdale Mohr Macdonald

HB: Cheney Miller Panozza

C: Watts Scully Wall

HF: Gysberts Newton Nicholls

F: Bennell P. Johnson Martin

R: Spencer MacReadie McKenzie

Int: Plummer Taylor McNamara Jetta Healey M. Dowse Purdy Strauss Tynan* Maric McGough Hughes

Collingwood:

B: Reed N. Brown Rounds

HB: Buckley Reid Goldsack

C: Blight O’Bree Barham

HF: Hunter Dawes Corrie

F: Blair Rusling Anthony

R: Wood Cook McCarthy

Int: Carter Sundberg Young Liston* McNamara Rinaldi Colbert Frost

WTF is the point in dropping Scully?

He was the number one draft pick and is going to play a huge part in our rise up the ladder. Needs as much game time as possible IMO

I don't know but maybe he needs to get more possessions.

http://www.finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp?GameID=5079&Code=f09398f1f07951d08fcdb6a9b0f8b3b8

Dunn haters back in force on Demonland.

The kid took 10 marks last week and you're going to drop him instead of Bate who was as slow and useless as Jamie Shanahan on a bad day.

If I were dropping three people it would be Bate, Scully, and Bartram.

Hmm... Joel MacDonald is under pressure for his spot from Garland. And the reverse, of course.

One may be dropped, given the very light, small and somewhat speedy kids Richmond are bringing in. Essentially, we'd be substituting an extra midfielder-forward for a defender. Running and bumping power will count for a lot in this game.

On to one of the Richmond forwards to be considered; Troy Taylor... Great bag of tricks, but real fitness problems as simply not developed when young. I was there and watched as he stopped and puked on his way around the 3km track at draft camp - not from any lack of effort or will, he just blew up. Still finished it, though.

If allowed by his off-field issues, I'd think he'll have an AFL career, but there was no way he was supposed to be playing AFL level by round 4, 2010.

Poor bastard. The whole Richmond Football Club knows he's not really going to be ready. If he pings something, or gets crunched, the internal fury will be immense.

Consider that Jurrah was a similar overall build plus a few important years older, and was still given half a season of extra time to condition and be ready.

But returning to the game at hand, this will be another week where we should be looking to simply out-work and out-run our opponents. If we keeping taking our risks as well as hunting their mistakes, the balance will accumulate 60-40 in our favour and only improve as the juvenile tigers wear out phyiscally and mentally.

Bailey wants to get games into Scully Trengove McKenzie, etc. They'e come up against Hawthorn, Collingwood, and Adelaide, who all have strong midfields, but we're going to drop Scully the first opportunity he has of playing against a weak side ? With a realistic chance to celebrate another win with his mates and the confidence that delivers ? When we're trying to fast track him to 40 games ?

Scully won't be dropped. It doesn't make sense.

I'll bet you a tenner Scully doesn't play big H... The Dees have tended to give 1st year players 2,3 sometimes 4 games in the 1's then send them back for a run in the maggo's. You might see Trenners drop back in a week or two too. Just a thought but happy to put it on the line too. :)

I'll bet you a tenner Scully doesn't play big H... The Dees have tended to give 1st year players 2,3 sometimes 4 games in the 1's then send them back for a run in the maggo's. You might see Trenners drop back in a week or two too. Just a thought but happy to put it on the line too. :)

I will bet you 1000 right now that Scully plays this week.

There is no chance he gets dropped.

Very hard to disagree with logic.

The unstated premise is that Jamar rucks 100% of the time (or we have a 190cm bloke chipping in).

Still think that's very hard to disagree with?

It might turn out that way, but I don't think it's very hard to argue for an alternative.

This is awesome! When was the last time we had so many players all deserving a place in the first side? The fact that we can look at a list like this and have no real idea who will be sitting out is brilliant. Add to that that there are several players at Casey who are pushing for selection and that we have three injured who are automatic starters and it looks even better still. We actually have depth! Who'd have thought?

On to one of the Richmond forwards to be considered; Troy Taylor... Great bag of tricks, but real fitness problems as simply not developed when young. I was there and watched as he stopped and puked on his way around the 3km track at draft camp - not from any lack of effort or will, he just blew up.

Wow. An AFL-level player puking on a 3k? He must be pretty talented then, since fitness is obviously not what got him where he is.

Dunn haters back in force on Demonland.

The kid took 10 marks last week and you're going to drop him instead of Bate who was as slow and useless as Jamie Shanahan on a bad day.

If I were dropping three people it would be Bate, Scully, and Bartram.

Yeah. Don't let his two goals fool you, Bate was pretty awful on the week-end, and I am not a Bate-Basher. Not poor enough to be dropped, though. Neither was Dunn for that matter. It's always harder to pick the outs after a win, so it's going to be very interesting to see who the unlucky one or two are. But I rated Bartram our second-best player against Adelaide, right behind his Holiness Chip "SOBOS (Son of Brother of Spud)" Frawley.

Edited by Chook

Scully whilst not as flashy as trenners, i think, done pretty well in his first 3 games. he hasnt been lethal or eye catching but..

Round 1: 20 disposals

Round 2: 15

Round 3: 18

averging 17.66

wouldnt do him any harm to go back to the scorps but if he is feeling fine then no point in giving him a rest

edit: rich averaged 15.25 last year, so hes getting the ball, the only way he will improve at AFL level is by playing AFL level

Edited by Jonesy!!!

I AGREE- I think Sylvia can gain match fitness at CASEY.

A few people seem concerned about his fitness. I have never broken my jaw so am not sure how much of the training Sylvia would have missed... but would have thought he could continue with most of the fitness and skills work while avoiding the physical contested stuff. He did the whole pre-season until that last match so should have that base fitness behind him minus a few weeks in recovery.

Can somebody tell me how much that broken jaw would set him back fitness wise?