• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Can we finish top 4 this year

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over Summer i said 8th spot...We can do better than that, but it all depends on fatigue later in the year.

Listening to Bailey's Press conferences he Respects these players so i wouldn't discount anything yet from this year.

We may have a losing streak later in the season, but it is not Mandatory as some here suggest. B)

No.

to make top we have to beat geelong, st kilda, dogs, collingwood.

mmmm, still no, but top 8 is something to aim for. funny season, would not have thought that 4 weeks ago. i will be happy for 6-8 wins and then who knows.

Don't think we can make top 4, but I don't see why we necessarily will have a late season fade-out. Our core of really god players so far this year have a decent amount of experience behind them now. Moloney, Green, McDonald, MacDonald, Jones, Bate, Sylvia, Bruce, Warnock, Frawley, Dunn et al. are not 19 or 20 anymore. And I wouldn't expect the likes of Petterd, Grimes, Garland to fall off too much. Those who may have some quiet weeks later in the season are not our most important (Scully, Trengove, Bennell, etc). So I think we have a good chance of maintaining some consistency up to round 22. If we do, top 8 is a strong possibility. Top 4 is just asking too much considering the seasoned teams such as the Pies, Bullies, Cats etc ahead of us.

And people believe in big foot, does not make it so. If you believe that the MFC can make top four put your money where your mouth is.

Okay hero i have at $31.

Isnt it funny how we are firming in the market that is if you understand it.

This is with a bookie to make top 4.

St Kilda 1.25

Geelong 1.28

Western Bulldogs 1.50

Collingwood 1.50

Sydney 2.50

Brisbane 2.85

Fremantle 3.00

Carlton 4.00

Hawthorn 9.00

Melbourne 31.00

Port Adelaide 41.00

Adelaide 201.00

North Melbourne 251.00

Essendon 501.00

West Coast 501.00

Richmond 1001.00

pfft, top 4, we are going to finish top of the ladder with a percentage of 187% and a 20-2 record AND win the flag by 150 points against Richmond, yep Richmond :)

Bar us playing Richmond in the GF, we're still on track for this prediction...

Okay hero i have at $31.

St Kilda 1.25

Geelong 1.28

Western Bulldogs 1.50

Collingwood 1.50

Sydney 2.50

Brisbane 2.85

Fremantle 3.00

Carlton 4.00

Hawthorn 9.00

Melbourne 31.00

Port Adelaide 41.00

Adelaide 201.00

North Melbourne 251.00

Essendon 501.00

West Coast 501.00

Richmond 1001.00

Freo at $3 to make the Top 4. If you'd said that at the beginning of the season they'd be calling for the men in white coats.

Some people should have faith in the dees. Picked up a nice 14:1 win last week for Melbourne to win by more than 40 points. This is the most exciting team i have seen (since the late 60s when i started following them) so i am going to enjoy it. Have made some good money on the dees so far this year and this is just the beginning.

Go Dees.

Okay hero i have at $31.

St Kilda 1.25

Geelong 1.28

Western Bulldogs 1.50

Collingwood 1.50

Sydney 2.50

Brisbane 2.85

Fremantle 3.00

Carlton 4.00

Hawthorn 9.00

Melbourne 31.00

Port Adelaide 41.00

Adelaide 201.00

North Melbourne 251.00

Essendon 501.00

West Coast 501.00

Richmond 1001.00

Had you given me those odds on Adelaide at the start of the year for the top 4.....OMG.

I'll gladly put my hand up and say I had Adelaide in my top 2 as part of my ladder prediction, furthermore at Round 6 say I was completely wrong ! B) And I wasn't the only one.

Mind you, I had Freo in the eight and copped a bit of stick for it. I'm looking good there.

Had to save myself from some embarrassment.. ;)

Fwiw, I still think we'll get around 8-9 wins (as predicted pre-season), anything more will depend upon confidence, injury & momentum. I think we'll just miss the finals by ~ 2-3 games, finishing around 10th-11th.

To make the Top 8 you need about 12 wins (Yeah I know abot Essendon in 2009 but never make the exception the rule)

To make the Top 4 you need about 14 tto 15 wins this year (Same rule applies).

I predicted we would get 8 wins this year before the season started. Richmond was one of those wins. Adelaide and Brisbane were bonus wins. North was down as a win.

So if we win all that I have budgeted plus the two expected we have 10 wins. End up 9th.

My other expected wins were

Rd Team

8 WCE

9 PA

15 Esse

16 Freo

17 Swans

19 Rich

22 North

Port, Syd and Freo look better than last year and will be a challenge while teams like Adel...not so.

However, the moral of the story is that its very early days and there is still so much too achieve and overcome in a long season for young players.

Enjoy the ride but be realistic.

I'm more positive about our win tally now than I was pre-season, but I still don't think we'll make finals.

I had a quick look at the fixture and divided games up into those we should win, get beaten, those we're probably a better than even chance at winning but could quite plausably lose, and vice versa.

By my reckoning (which is similar to stakka's, if you've read the relevant Demonology thread) we'll get 10 wins, which sounds like RR's prediction.

To get to 12 we'd need to win every single game I think we should or are a better than money chance to, and sneak another two on top of that.

There seems to be no clear cut favourite this year and most of the top teams seem a little vulnerable so who knows what can happen. Clubs like Port can play well at times and then look like garbage the following week. Freo are the favour of the month at the moment but I reckon they will drop off as the year goes on. There are so many clubs that are playing below their perceived capacity at the moment and if we can sneak a couple in while they are a bit down who knows. I reckon we will make the eight and will be disappointed if we don't, the top four, not so sure.

Top 4 here we come. :rolleyes:

Well said. Lets keep a lid on it guys as it slowly comes to the boil.

Edited by Deevout

• 2 weeks later...

I believe we can finnish top 4 this year considering we matched it with the filth when everyone think's the filth can finnish top 4.

If we apply ourselfes every week like last sat anything could happen,thoughts.

Edit: it is now adjusted to positions of 5-8... how things change in a month :wacko:

Come on Dees only 10 or so more wins to fall within the 5-8, "you can do it"

The next month, we have Port in Darwin, Geelong in Geelong, Carlton and Collingwood.

We could well be 3-9 after 12. And we still have two trips to Adelaide, a Brisbane game, a Perth game and St Kilda at Etihad to come.

We'll beat Collingwood. Mark my words.

The next month, we have Port in Darwin, Geelong in Geelong, Carlton and Collingwood.

We could well be 3-9 after 12. And we still have two trips to Adelaide, a Brisbane game, a Perth game and St Kilda at Etihad to come.

Oh wow.

Thanks for the reality check.... :blink:

3-9 does sound pretty dismal...that would mean 7 losses in a row

But I still think we could be a chance in all of those except Geelong.

We may be a sniff V Port.

We're both on neutral ground. Davey and maybe Wonna are back home. Hopefully the boys will bounce back and Port are about as predictable as the New York stock exchange or a Simon Buckley 35 metre pass.

The only time we've played in Darwin we beat the Dogs by a couple of goals in the NAB cup.