2010 MFC Slogan

Daz's Dee's

Haha - spot on! I'm a graphic designer and the first thing i wondered was why is "the fire" in a different font to "has started?" It should have all been the same or "fire" should have been the only word in flames. Sorry......weird I know but I have to say, I love it! Reckon it's a good choice of players too!

I was actually thinking the "THE FIRE" will be a continuing theme, with the "HAS STARTED" being interchangeable.

THE FIRE IS SPREADING...

THE FIRE IS ROARING...

etc etc.

I was actually thinking the "THE FIRE" will be a continuing theme, with the "HAS STARTED" being interchangeable.

THE FIRE IS SPREADING...

THE FIRE IS ROARING...

etc etc.

OH...I love The Fire has Started/Spreading and Roaring... let's hope we actually can do it...I'm getting excited, not long now. GO DEES :wub:

Or anal retentiveness demon_tongue.gif

But seriously, all players should have either had socks up or down, and hands by their side or crossed, not a mixture of both. It's very distracting to those of us who suffer from obsessive compulsive behaviour (and is ruins the balance of the photo)demon_wink.gif

Could be intentional. Notice that Syliva and Green are exact opposites with socks and arms, and Davey is a mixture of the two.

Then again I could be reading far too much into it.

OH...I love The Fire has Started/Spreading and Roaring... let's hope we actually can do it...I'm getting excited, not long now. GO DEES :wub:

Surely soon we will be referring to the MCG as the "Cauldron" or the "Furnace".

Brilliant!

(But Sylvia needed to pull his socks up)

Following tweet from DemonsHQ: "the reason is that Col plays with his socks down so we thought that would be appropriate".

Haha - spot on! I'm a graphic designer and the first thing i wondered was why is "the fire" in a different font to "has started?" It should have all been the same or "fire" should have been the only word in flames. Sorry......weird I know but I have to say, I love it! Reckon it's a good choice of players too!

Once you get to the banner version, rather than the poster, I reckon the font issue makes sense, better to have THE and FIRE same font when used on a single line, having the whole thing in flames would probably be overkill. Poster follows suit.

I would have loved to have seen an army of youngsters backing up the old guys, but maybe would have blown the photoshop budget.

I like it... It may have been either the Dalai Lama or Groucho Marx who said "No-one ever went broke underestimating public taste" so this is good.

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2010/03/02/1225835/862562-demons-slogan.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-funs-just-started-for-young-dees/story-e6frf9jf-1225835862475

Here it is:

862562-demons-slogan.jpg

What do we all think of our NEW 2010 slogan. Looks ok i think, would have been inclined to use the top 4 or 5 young blokes maybe Grimmes, Watts, Trengove, Scully and LJ?? as they are why we are going to the footy this year too watch how they progress.

yes fire has started now it's time to awaken thr sleeping demon

hmmm, perhaps a bit of 'The Prodigy' before home games?

Yeah like it Firestarter and Highway to Hell before the game sounds good.

Round 7, Donna Summers's Hot Stuff, all MFC members in hot pink G-bungers?

I'm there..lets do it

Once you get to the banner version, rather than the poster, I reckon the font issue makes sense, better to have THE and FIRE same font when used on a single line, having the whole thing in flames would probably be overkill. Poster follows suit.

I would have loved to have seen an army of youngsters backing up the old guys, but maybe would have blown the photoshop budget.

I like it... It may have been either the Dalai Lama or Groucho Marx who said "No-one ever went broke underestimating public taste" so this is good.

When reading these posts and seeing the banner version, I thought exactly the same thing! Works in the horizontal format.

Am loving all versions! Are these the profile pics taken out at Casey a few weeks ago?

As long as the escalator isn't a metaphore for the AFL ladder I like it. :)

To travel down the said escalator is to taste & feel the Rich tapestry that is the Melbourne Football Club Demon.

The AFL Ladder is merely a representation of our workplace, that displays our conquests.

And remember Fire always points to the sky & heat will always rise.... :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.