Luke Ball in the National Draft

Hazyshadeofgrinter

That is all that's left to say - it's over, and that is only troubling if you were particular keen on Ball coming to us.

It's as much a testament to our impending midfield strength as it is to any concerns Ball had about waiting for the next premiership window.

Edited by Distance Demon

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bailey has stuffed this up good and proper. He gave Ball the option of not coming to the club and he took it. No surprises there, reading Connelly's comments on the saga I know that I would prefer him to coach us.

Bailey has either cost us a proven midfielder or a up and coming youngster. Hopefully the media has got it wrong and he hasn't nominated for the draft yet, it wouldn't be the first time. Ball was supposed to stay at the Saints and Davey was going to walk out on the club only to sign the next day. If Ball has nominated for the draft Bailey is 100% to blame.

Bailey has stuffed this up good and proper. He gave Ball the option of not coming to the club and he took it. No surprises there, reading Connelly's comments on the saga I know that I would prefer him to coach us.

Bailey has either cost us a proven midfielder or a up and coming youngster. Hopefully the media has got it wrong and he hasn't nominated for the draft yet, it wouldn't be the first time. Ball was supposed to stay at the Saints and Davey was going to walk out on the club only to sign the next day. If Ball has nominated for the draft Bailey is 100% to blame.

Where do you start with something like this? :rolleyes:

Luke Ball has put himself on the open market, that's it.

He will play football for whoever pays him, we are in the Mix just like 4-5 other clubs.

If he is the Best available player still available at Pick 18 the MFC should take him, if he has been snapped up by another team we pick someone else.

The Only serious thing that happened today is a past Captain has walked away from his club for nothing.

Must have been serious trouble down at Linton St. but hey what else is new???? :lol:

But remember if we pay the asking price of 500k and Pick him at 18. Luke Ball will give 100% for us.

He's a professional footballer.

I will be interested to see if the MFC make a statement to us the members on this Topic.

Firstly, how did Bailey give Ball the option of not coming to the club exactly ? Ball is the one deciding his future, he wants to go to the Pies by rolling the dice in the ND. Remember he also had the option of coming to the Dees, if he did want to, he wouldn't be putting pen to paper for the ND.

Secondly, I see no correlation between Davey re-signing and Ball ? Can you elaborate.

Ugh.

But remember if we pay the asking price of 500k and Pick him at 18. Luke Ball will give 100% for us.

which reminds me, how does the 'asking price' work? If a club picks him do they have to pay whatever he has announced he wants? What if no one wants to pay the amount demanded? What happens to the player then?

"This is 100% Bailey's fault."

Just thought I would repeat that for people who missed Lil' Steven Tingay's idea on who is to blame that we haven't been able to convince the best player on the ground at half time in the most recent Grand Final to come to back-to-back wooden spooners.

Anyone else harbouring thoughts like this and plan to make it into a post?

I ask because I want to block you for a short while.

What a waste of internet...

Al Gore would be turning in his grave if he knew Internet like this was going on.

Firstly, how did Bailey give Ball the option of not coming to the club exactly ? Ball is the one deciding his future, he wants to go to the Pies by rolling the dice in the ND. Remember he also had the option of coming to the Dees, if he did want to, he wouldn't be putting pen to paper for the ND.

Secondly, I see no correlation between Davey re-signing and Ball ? Can you elaborate.

Ahh, ya had to bite!!

Ugh.

Its amazing how someone can convey such a detailed thought in just 3 letters. Nice.

which reminds me, how does the 'asking price' work? If a club picks him do they have to pay whatever he has announced he wants? What if no one wants to pay the amount demanded? What happens to the player then?

That's his free Passage to the Filth i suspect. We can afford to pay that amount though if we choose to draft him.

Luke has taken the Gamble, the only team he has shafted is St.kilda, who now get nothing fr him.

Guest hangon007

or maybe its all just a game of "poker" ... Now we just have to determine what table we are sitting at ... until today it might have been a non-event had he stayed at St Kilda - but he hasn't ...

is it the national draft table or the pre-season draft table ... who is prepared to bid the most to win the pot?

All said and done ... at least we have a seat at the table. Some other clubs are not so lucky.

We have a stack of cash and all the cards to take the pot ... lets just see if somebody is prepared to out bid us.

If they are ... good luck to them.

If he got thru to the Filth, it would be proof the AFL is rigged

Port will pick him up at 16 in the ND - One place he doesn't want to go to.

Heh.. ;)

NO...just that Ball is short sighted and has no taste !!!!! ;):lol:

The intreview that could have been

In this imaginary interview the part of Dean Bailey will be played by Little Stinga.

LB: Hi Dean.

DB: Hi Luke. Listen mate, as far as I see it you've only got two choices - go back to the Saints or come to the Demons in the PSD.

LB: What about the National Draft?

DB: I just told you - you've only got two choices. Us or the Saints.

LB: But I'd rather play for a contender. So I could just nominate for the National Draft and hope to get to a contender. By the time your premiership window comes around I'll be a cripple.

DB: I'll tell you again - you've only got two choices. Us or the Saints.

LB: But you're not going to pick me with Pick 1 or 2. Pick 11 is pretty valuable so probably not there. Maybe Pick 18 but there are a few premiership contenders between 11 and 18. And with the compromised drafts ahead Pick 18 isn't looking likely either. I'll take my chances.

DB: For the third time - you've only got two choices. Us or the Saints.

LB: That's a pretty weak bluff Bails. I'm nominating for the National Draft.

DB: Forget it Luke, I've changed my mind. You haven't listened to a word I've said have you.

According to Tim Harrington on SEN tonight, Luke Ball is still in the mix, if he gets to our pick the club will pick him.

Lukes intention to go to the Filth or nothing is not an option to him.

If we pick him, he will play.

According to Tim Harrington on SEN tonight, Luke Ball is still in the mix, if he gets to our pick the club will pick him.

Lukes intention to go to the Filth or nothing is not an option to him.

If we pick him, he will play.

I'd be pretty disappointed if we used pick 18 on Luke Ball.

But I will chuckle if he ends up at Sydney or Port, where he won't only have to relocate, but where his chances of winning a flag are slimmer than with us.

I would rather take my chances with an unproven 18 year old than a 25 year old Luke Ball.

Agree whole-heartedly.

Even taking an optimistic viewpoint on the state of his body, he has a maximum 5 years left in him.

And he's past his best.

I don't mind getting him on the list, but anything beyond the PSD would outweigh the positives he could bring to the club.

I really don't think him being on the MFC list would have as positive an impact as many seem to believe.

He may have been drafted before Chris Judd, but he's not fit to clean Judd's footy boots.

I'd be pretty disappointed if we used pick 18 on Luke Ball.

But I will chuckle if he ends up at Sydney or Port, where he won't only have to relocate, but where his chances of winning a flag are slimmer than with us.

Maybe you are right, but i still see him as a solid teacher for Scully & Trengove. That's why i think 18 would be ok.