2010 AFL Ladder Predictions 2010

Bruce Almighty

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon you've just about nailed it, but will be interested to see whether Voss' crash 'n burn approach to his list has any down-side to team morale - I have a feeling he may live to regret the treatment of Bradshaw. Think essendon may struggle to repaet last year's result.

In groupings:

StK

Geel

Adel

Bris

WB

Haw

Coll

Ess

Carl

Melb

Syd

WC

Port

North

Freo

Rich

I reckon you've just about nailed it, but will be interested to see whether Voss' crash 'n burn approach to his list has any down-side to team morale - I have a feeling he may live to regret the treatment of Bradshaw. Think essendon may struggle to repaet last year's result.

I think essendon will repeat last year's result, they'll get 10 wins but miss out on the 8.

Here is my guess:

Western Bulldogs

St.Kilda

Hawthorn

Geelong

Adelaide

Brisbane

Collingwood

....................... clear 7 teams who each beleive their premiship window is open. All other teams at various stages of rebuilding.

West Coast

Carlton

Melbourne

Essendon

North

Sydney

Freo

Port

....................... Day light

Richmond

Western Bulldogs

Adelaide

Hawthorn

Brisbane

St. Kilda

Collingwood

West Coast

Sydney

Geelong

Carlton

Essendon

North Melbourne

Melbourne

Fremantle

Port Adelaide

Richmond

I reckon Geelong is going to be lacking the burning desire it had last year to avenge 2008, and all is not well at the Saints after Lovett and Ball. Neil Craig can't win grand finals and Sydney's list has potential. I think the Blues are in trouble without a forward line and Matthew Knights is just a fool. The dogs for me (would love to see that though Hawthorn could turn it all upside down).

Based from 2009 ladder

St Kilda80 - same as

Geelong72 - aging down

Western Bulldogs60 - ^

Collingwood60 - ^

Adelaide56 - ^

Brisbane54 - same as

Carlton52 - down a spot or 2.

Essendon42 - same as

------------

Hawthorn36 - ^

Port Adelaide36 - down a spot or 2.

West Coast32 - ^

Sydney32 - ^

North Melbourne30 - same as

Fremantle24 - same as

Richmond22 - down a spot

Melbourne16 - ^^

Edited by dee-luded

• 2 weeks later...

Footscray

St.Kilda

Geelong

Brisbane

Collingwood

Hawthorn

Adelaide

West Coast

Essendon

Carlton

North Melbourne

Sydney

Melbourne

Port Adelaide

Fremantle

Richmond

Edited by Roost It

AFTER ROUND 22:

W Bulldogs

Geelong

Adelaide

St Kilda

Hawthorn

Collingwood

West Coast

Brisbane

--------------

Fremantle

Sydney

Essendon

Port Adelaide

Carlton **

North Melbourne

Melbourne

Richmond

**Since the inception of the final 8, at least 1 top 8 team has finished bottom 4 the next year.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

• 3 weeks later...

I've just been over at bigfooty listening to muppets giving Essendon/Carlton/North/ and for god's sake RICHMOND a chance of making the finals. I'd be interested to see where fellow demonlanders think all sides will finish this year.

Below is my prediction with accompanying comments. After looking at all of the weaker sides i really believe we can win 8+ games. There is a HUGE gap between the strong and weak clubs.

Western Bulldogs - If they are going to win a premiership, this year has to be it.

Geelong - Will still be incredibly strong.

Collingwood -Will fail in the preliminary final again... i hope.

St Kilda - Will fall back a bit this year.

Hawthorn - Will improve on a poor 2009 but will still struggle to match the top 2.

Brisbane - Hard to look past that forward line.

Adelaide - Every year i think they look good for a flag, this year they just will not trouble the best sides.

West Coast - I had to fit 8 teams in the top 8 obviously and i couldn't/didn't want to see Carlton or Essendon making it.

Carlton - With no Fev in the square are going to be on the end of some heavy losses from the top 6.

Essendon - Are going to take a step back this year as youngsters are now exposed to full attention from good sides.

Melbourne - May be biased but i think we are capable of beating all sides below us.

Sydney - On the slide.

North Melbourne - Are on par in terms of rebuild with us, but don't have the war chest that we possess.

Port Adelaide - In rebuild phase but just haven't had the picks to make it happen.

Fremantle - IMO are 2 years behind us in rebuild.

Richmond - Are in the worst shape of any club and the light at the end of the tunnel is light years away.

I've just been over at bigfooty listening to muppets giving Essendon/Carlton/North/ and for god's sake RICHMOND a chance of making the finals. I'd be interested to see where fellow demonlanders think all sides will finish this year.

Below is my prediction with accompanying comments. After looking at all of the weaker sides i really believe we can win 8+ games. There is a HUGE gap between the strong and weak clubs.

Western Bulldogs - If they are going to win a premiership, this year has to be it.

Geelong - Will still be incredibly strong.

Collingwood -Will fail in the preliminary final again... i hope.

St Kilda - Will fall back a bit this year.

Hawthorn - Will improve on a poor 2009 but will still struggle to match the top 2.

Brisbane - Hard to look past that forward line.

Adelaide - Every year i think they look good for a flag, this year they just will not trouble the best sides.

West Coast - I had to fit 8 teams in the top 8 obviously and i couldn't/didn't want to see Carlton or Essendon making it.

Carlton - With no Fev in the square are going to be on the end of some heavy losses from the top 6.

Essendon - Are going to take a step back this year as youngsters are now exposed to full attention from good sides.

Melbourne - May be biased but i think we are capable of beating all sides below us.

Sydney - On the slide.

North Melbourne - Are on par in terms of rebuild with us, but don't have the war chest that we possess.

Port Adelaide - In rebuild phase but just haven't had the picks to make it happen.

Fremantle - IMO are 2 years behind us in rebuild.

Richmond - Are in the worst shape of any club and the light at the end of the tunnel is light years away.

I agree we can beat the sides you have under us at least once next year Freo , Port and Sydney away are always tough for us so i see us 4th from bottom on 7 wins

Agree with most things you say for sides. Adelaide, Sydney and North Melbourne I don't agree on.

I think Adelaide will finish top 4. I have tipped them to finish top 2 on a previous prediction thread.

I don't think Sydney will slide, they will be better than last year IMO.

I think North have recruited well and they all ready have a good young crop with games behind them. I think they will do better than what you have predicted. I have them a few places higher up the ladder.

Adelaide; may not win the flag but will be thereabouts. Will be a power for the coming years.

St Kilda: will be hurting and will bounce back.

Hawthorn: with a fitter, hungrier squad will be up there.

Geelong: still enough class to win the flag, still a super midfield and defence. Will Johnson and Chapman stay fit enough to score enough goals.

Bulldogs: still thereabouts. An underachieving Hawthorn saw them get further in 09. An improving Adelaide will push them down another spot.

Collingwood: have recruited well, but are not as good as they think they are.

Brisbane: The wild card, have reruited fev but lost bradshaw, have recruited a couple of rejects, still have class at the cream.

West Coast: To be the big improvers, developing an impressive list.

Essendon: a good young list needing development. On the rise.

Carlton: serious questions over attack and defence. IMO have screwed up thier rebuild. Could well be on the wane.

Throw a blanket over the rest.

North: A reasonable list with some impressive young talent but i expect them to be on the wane or treading water.

Melbourne: Will win some surprise games when talent clicks together. On the rise.

Sydney: On the wane slowly and refusing to rebuild. Roos is a great coach but I don't know about the wisdom of this.

Port: On the wane, coming up for some pain in the coming years.

Freo: Strange club, strange plans. Have some talent but will get nowhere.

Richmond: Have failed the rebuild and need to start again. In for many years of pain.

Western Bulldogs - This is the year of the dogs, Have a well balanced team and should go all the way GF (Winners)

St Kilda - Great year last year, but that was there chance IMO, teams will follow there agressive attack will make prelim but fall short

Geelong - What can i say great side will always be remembered but no GF this year

Hawthorn - On the up fit and firing will just miss the GF.

Adelaide - Suprise team this year i predict they will finish strong and make the GF

Collingwood - On the way down cant't compete with teams above but still stronger than most bellow

Brisbane - Could do anything this year might take a bit for the team to gel so keeping safe @ 7

West Coast - Very strong young list they finished last year with confidence and may sneek into the 8 (although this spot is up for grabs)

Sydney - I never understermate this team Roo's is a master and gets the best out of his players will push for the 8

Essendon - Young and still developing, this year is about getting the right mix on the park and too see who can hold there positions, will be a power side in a few yrs

Carlton - Don't really know were to fit the blue baggers in gun midfield but may be a little undermaned forward and back

Melbourne - I expect the Dee's to win around 8 games but with the highest loosing margin around 6 goals, they will match with the best at times and see glimpses of a very exciting future

North Melbourne - Developing side with some pretty good talent won't set the world on fire

Port Adelaide - They are rebuilding and need too but a while off yet

Fremantle - How can anyone honestly predict fremantle to come anywere must be a pretty frustrating side to follow

Richmond - 3 years behind anyone else, got some talent though.

Bulldogs - this should be their year. Hall rounds off what is basically a perfect and peaking list

St Kilda - close, but I feel the Dogs have their measure

Adelaide - strong team, may well go undefeated at home this year

Geelong - going to slide a little bit, more next year

Hawthorn - over-rated, but will still play finals

Brisbane - could finish higher than this if Black, Brown, Fevola and Power play every game

Collingwood - over-achieved last year, will be making up the numbers

Essendon - same as Collingwood, but might just sneak in; next 3 years they will be strong

West Coast - could make the 8 this year, but their best will be in the next 2-4 years

Carlton - going to fall apart without Fev

Melbourne - optimistic but I do feel we can outperform the 5 below us

North Melbourne - similar stage to us I think

Sydney - all good things come to an end eventually, I think they're almost bottomed out

Port Adelaide - further behind Sydney

Fremantle - a couple of stars but a lot of duds, could be a little too low here

Richmond - a long, long, long way behind. Their list is pathetic, save for Cotchin, Martin and Deledio.

Bulldogs - this should be their year. Hall rounds off what is basically a perfect and peaking list

St Kilda - close, but I feel the Dogs have their measure

Adelaide - strong team, may well go undefeated at home this year

Geelong - going to slide a little bit, more next year

Hawthorn - over-rated, but will still play finals

Brisbane - could finish higher than this if Black, Brown, Fevola and Power play every game

Collingwood - over-achieved last year, will be making up the numbers

Essendon - same as Collingwood, but might just sneak in; next 3 years they will be strong

West Coast - could make the 8 this year, but their best will be in the next 2-4 years

Carlton - going to fall apart without Fev

Melbourne - optimistic but I do feel we can outperform the 5 below us

North Melbourne - similar stage to us I think

Sydney - all good things come to an end eventually, I think they're almost bottomed out

Port Adelaide - further behind Sydney

Fremantle - a couple of stars but a lot of duds, could be a little too low here

Richmond - a long, long, long way behind. Their list is pathetic, save for Cotchin, Martin and Deledio.

Agree with that, except for the over-rating of the Hawks... they have a strong list and will be smarting about last year, don't write them off too much I reckon.

Most open year I can remember. In my humble opinion there are 7 sides with legitimate flag claims

This is my prediction for how the cards will fall

Geelong

Western Bulldogs

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Brisbane

St Kilda

Adelaide

West Coast

Sydney

Carlton

Melbourne (8 wins)