Any news on Flash?

dreamin' man

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twitter is stupid.

People should live their own lives rather than trying to live someone elses life. Quite frankly, unless you are my family I could not give two shiits what you are doing now.

Further do you really think Swab, Robbo or for that matter anyone else is going to twitter complete strangers anything important, secret or worth reading. THUS ANY COMMENT FROM TWITTER ARE MEANINGLESS AND VALUELESS..... TWITTER IS FOR TWITS.

Shurely twitter is nothing more than a craze that will burn itself out.

Edited by Grand New Flag

Twitter is stupid.

People should live their own lives rather than trying to live someone elses life. Quite frankly, unless you are my family I could not give two shiits what you are doing now.

Further do you really think Swab, Robbo or for that matter anyone else is going to twitter complete strangers anything important, secret or worth reading. THUS ANY COMMENT FROM TWITTER ARE MEANINGLESS AND VALUELESS..... TWITTER IS FOR TWITS.

What's the difference between reading someone's pots on twitter or on demonland?

Twitter is stupid.

It's called the Y Generation. Get with the program

Twitter is stupid.

Haha That's exactly what people said of the car 100 years ago. "Surely it won't take over from the Horse"

Twitter is staying, or at least variants of.... :lol:

Herald Sun:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/aaro...f-1225780945073

Oh, I hate this time of year. After such a stinking season we have our emotions further messed with.

To me that article sounds like a man who will sign with the demons... i don't take that article as suggesting davey will leave

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

"Talk of Davey joining younger brother Alwyn at the Bombers surfaced this week, but that is unlikely."

"Her reaction when told her son may be joining Alwyn at Windy Hill was one of joy, despite that move not being on the cards."

Bombers withdrawn from the race? Collingwood come over the top with a bigger deal? Also it is interesting that Alex McDonald is his manager. IIRC he is the brother of James and Anthony and played for Collingwood, yes?

Amazing that a news story can hint at so much but not have the balls to say what they know (or think they know).

Ahh, trade season. Nearly as gut wrenching as the real season but without the benefit of a scoreboard.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Give him whatever he wants. It's more than $$$'s it strikes right at the credibility of the club. If we can't keep players of his ilk what hope have we got of keeping the gun kids next time their contracts are up for negotiation?

You can't just give him whatever he wants. He may have had a good year, but lets see some consistency. Sure, yeah by all means look for the best deal possible, but when doing so have in mind the clubs priorities and list management prospects when considering options.

You are right. I've changed my mind. Now I think he is going over the top with what he seems to be asking. When I posted that I thought that the "in principle" agreement had been struck but apparently that only lasts as long as the next offer.

Seems to be a case of the manager milking the club for all it's worth because this will probably be his last big contract (if not the last full stop). In other words, he's doing his job.

That's why there's no sentiment left in the game. When players get to Robbo's age, clubs often can't afford to keep them on.

I think Davey will stay on a much better contract (see Brad Green 2008).

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...5012432,00.html

Very much doubt he will leave, if Essendon think he is worth that much then pick 10 and a quality young player would be needed to get the deal done.

Money does talk. His manager is the brother of our Captain. If that is the offer and Flash wants us to match it or he walks, then he is gone. I agree pick 10 and a young player would be required to deal for our B&F winner and a player capable of getting an offer like that.

I would also remind Essendon in no uncertain terms if a fair deal was not done that the wheel turns and I would start turning it.

If it was another club's B&F and they had first pick in the PSD, what sort of deal would they drive?

A poster on Ology says Flash is away and an announcement will be made on his return that he is to stay a Demon. We will see.

PS. Whatever happens I would try and find a part time role for Wheels at the club as he would be well respected by the indigenous boys on the list and those we are looking at in the future. He would make a fine mentor for them.

Couldn't agree more!

Guest hangon007
"Her reaction when told her son may be joining Alwyn was one of joy, despite that move not being on the cards."

... or could we turn the tables - could Alwyn join Aaron, surely its the union that brings her joy ... IMHO she wouldn't give a damn at what club

Money does talk. His manager is the brother of our Captain. If that is the offer and Flash wants us to match it or he walks, then he is gone. I agree pick 10 and a young player would be required to deal for our B&F winner and a player capable of getting an offer like that.

I would also remind Essendon in no uncertain terms if a fair deal was not done that the wheel turns and I would start turning it.

With all due respect ... the thought of Davey being our captain giving him 4 years ... IMHO is a mouth watering prospect. I really, really like the idea of the MFC having an indigenous captain .... IMHO it sends out ALL the right signals to our indigenous players. ;)

Plus it gives us time for our next captain to emerge from our "young" list

Lets not forget a contract is binding both ways ... ;)

If the Dee's only stick to there 3 year deal Davey is gone. Do we offer him 4 years? I say yes. Match there offer and be done with it.

He is 26. Not 28!

If that does not happen. Then Essendons Pick 10 + ???? player.

Fremantle are reported to be in the mix also. Pick 4 anybody? Yes please. Add Brett Peake. I think he will be a Demon anyway.

It wouldnt surprise me Collingwood are right in the mix also.

I would love Lewis Jetta to Join the Dee's. He is close with his cousin Neville and Bennel. We would need Pick 7 to get him though. West Coast are very keen!

Turning the wheel as mentioned in other posts is a definite. If we can convince Alwyn to come to the Dee's that would make Aaron very happy. Keeping all the indigenous boys together is crucial. Captaincy a big option also!

Lewis jetta is very unlikely in this draft but we could make aplay for him in a couple of years and pry him away from the Eagles.

Something Carlscum would do. Oops!