• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Any news on Flash?

dreamin' man

Time to get a grip.

Hysteria over a small forward/mid who has had a good/very good year, after 2 or 3 ordinary ones?

Yes, he's a favourite with the kids (I presume so, wouldn't know).

Leadership? You're kidding. He apparently has a good rapport with the other Koorie blokes; good. A future club leader and maybe captain, I think not.

I would like him to stay, but not way over the odds with regards a contract; 3 yrs and good $'s is fine; nothing more.

He's forgetting the faith the MFC has shown in him. Rookie listed and supporter funded to get him on the main list. Then some very ordinary years after his first. Look at Geelong, half their list are playing for way under market value because they are a team who can see profit other than $'s. Time we saw some of this at Melbourne.

And a winning club is never built around a good small player; only good big ones. :rolleyes:

I tend to agree

This upcoming draft will be the most critical as the depth isnt great as most experts are predicting it starts to fall away around the 20th pick mark

First round pick and a suitable player , preferably a tall mobile ruckman would be my position on a Davey trade

5 first round picks is still possible and with some luck could be a very good strategy in the long term

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to get a grip.

Hysteria over a small forward/mid who has had a good/very good year, after 2 or 3 ordinary ones?

Leadership? You're kidding. He apparently has a good rapport with the other Koorie blokes; good. A future club leader and maybe captain, I think not.

I would like him to stay, but not way over the odds with regards a contract; 3 yrs and good $'s is fine; nothing more.

He's forgetting the faith the MFC has shown in him. Rookie listed and supporter funded to get him on the main list. Then some very ordinary years after his first. Look at Geelong, half their list are playing for way under market value because they are a team who can see profit other than $'s. Time we saw some of this at Melbourne.

And a winning club is never built around a good small player only good big ones. :rolleyes:

Dont be 'that guy'.. <_<

He's the face of the club.. a greater % of the footy world sees him as our best player and he was this year.. the B&F will show you that soon..

and Davey would make a great captain, just needs another year like this one under his belt imo.

Dont be 'that guy'.. <_<

He's the face of the club.. a greater % of the footy world sees him as our best player and he was this year.. the B&F will show you that soon..

and Davey would make a great captain, just needs another year like this one under his belt imo.

Captains put the club first

Time to get a grip.

And a winning club is never built around a good small player; only good big ones. :rolleyes:

Slipping back into old and annoyingly negative habits here Mono.

Davey is a leader on the field and a fine bloke off the field.

He is a star wingman with a lethal left foot. He is our hardest working midfielder.

He is 'tradeable' but who isn't?

He needs to be resigned.

And I think he will be.

I'm going to be the patronising guy that says this - why do we have to get so excited over rumour and innuendo? And most of it is from Bigfooty...

Let's face it, no you don't.

yeah whatever

DONT add opinion or anything informative to a conversation, just tell it like it is with a whiff of sarcasm hey..

EDIT: (just saw above post... hip hip hooray)

Edited by DemonDan...

I don't believe "koorie blokes" is correct.

Koorie is fine, and correct.

Youre right 45h. There are currently no Koories on the Melbourne list.

But I know what Mono was intending to mean.

Technically your right but it's more wide spread these days.

Edited by Mr Morton

Koorie is fine, and correct.

Technically your right but it's more wide spread these days.

He is not a Koorie and like Einstein I understand what Mono was intending to mean.

Aaron Davey's mob are said to be the Kokatha in South Australia (it also said that he is of Torres Strait Islander Descent) so it's definitely not correct to say he is Koorie as that is a definitely a different mob. He was born in and raised in Darwin.

I myself am a Murri man (Queensland) so if people said I was a Koorie man they would be incorrect and it's definetly not fine. Whether it is fine with Aaron I guess is up to him.

The term Koorie is not wide spread its only used in Vic and NSW. I live in WA and over here the different mobs ie. Nyoongar, Wongi, Yamatji etc each have a very defined identity. I grew up in the NT and it was the same there. It would be like calling the Welsh and Irish - English. Give that a go in a pub in Wales or Ireland and see what the reaction would be.

In regards to this rumour which started in the Brock Mclean thread, and now has made the Press (again mainly as rumour) , was not this same story around last trade season "Davey wants to play with his brother etc." I recall something along those lines. I hope its just part of the healthy negotiations taking place between MFC and Flashes "People" and it all settles down to the outcome of ink on a contract and Aaron staying put.

Edited by Felix da Dee

5 first round picks is still possible and with some luck could be a very good strategy in the long term

4 first round draft picks is plenty.

While 5 first round picks would be out of this world, I want a future A grade player in return for Davey as a straight swap. We need immediate compensation for the possible losses of both McLean and Davey. A player like Brent Prismall is what we deserve for losing Davey.

I can see Essendon offerring up Andrew Lovett and pick 26 for Aaron Davey and pick 34.

But the bottom line is I want a credible player for player swap, enough with the draft picks.

OVER AT DEMONOLOGY going nuts about quotes that he has walked !!

and also quoting g. healy from "ON THE COUCH"

re jungle drums

AS M.F.C.THOUGHT A DEAL IN PRINCIPLE IS "NOT" SO.

THEY ARE FLIPPING FROM SCHWARTAS STATEMENT ON SEN .FROM CAM.SCHWAB CLOSE TO SIGNING

TO QUOTE FROM" a "guy" who spoke to CRACKERS KEENAN THAT AAREN IS GOING TO ESSENDON.

other post saying its done he has walked....

james hird knows more than he is prepared to say as the smart grin he smirked when he mentioned "BROTHERLY LOVE"

devastating if found to be correct.

The detrimental effect this will have on the club will be immeasurable.

kids who love him as well as adults.

the culture of the club will only emphasise that M.F.C is not a place to be for the long term..

just a club to be used for a couple of years as a gig to show talent & drum up bigger paying suitors

elsewhere..

COULD HIS THINKING BE THAT FINALS SUCCESS TOO FAR AWAY FOR A 27YO WITH "A"GRADE ABILITY ?

and does he look with envy at his younger brother not wanting to leave ESS and playing finals

not to mention playing to "WIN" with GREAT FOOTY & KILLING MELB. and beating the unbeatable st.kilda.??

does he think they have a better culture more proffessional attitude ?with players not wanting to leave

other than players who have caused headaches..

ESS. MAT. LLOYD not wanting to go to another club even though problems. with coach.is a good look to the outside looking on.

Notice m.lloyd contempt for melb. putting them on the bottom for next year.and mentioning about tanking that .M.F.C. had 2 priority picks in 2003 and melb. has done nothing since.. so melb. must have BAD MANAGEMENT..

crikey now even robbo is doing nothing but harm with his bagging, comments in hobart.

M.F.C. ability to handle this situation appropriately will show their real worth as a club.

the CULTURE is paramount HERE...

M.F.C.has enough high flyers in their coterie groups surely to pay the extra needed.

ala carlton and ess.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUNG PLAYERS COMING INTO THIS CLUB WILL BE THINKING ??

that m.f.c. cant breed loyalty from A grade players ??

MONEY should not be an issue with your best player and as such give him the proper market value and then some.

4 years should not be a problem which will bring him to a 31 yo..only.

remember green had better offers too !!but stayed..

HOW ARE WE GOING TO KEEP TRENGOVE IN 3 YEARS IF THIS STUFF CONTINUES. ??

I noticed the body language from the melb. boys at the brownlow table.

when cameras were on them and it looked very uncomfortable.

aaren,aussie and warnock ,plenty of space between, real sad sacks not much chatter and out of place and embarressed.to be there.

Mike Sheahan saying he spoke with aaren on the night and aaren conveying he would like to be captain.

of M.F.C.

SEEING THAT THIS DRAFT IS SUPPOSEDLY VERY THIN PAST 12-15. PICKS .

it is rediculous to think more and more draft picks is a good thing as MORE TIME is needed to gain experiance.

the value of experianced A grade long term players is unquantifiable in terms of dollars..as the support from young fans and lasting affect on young teamates cant be measured and invaluable.

i just hope for goodness sake that .M.F.C. do the right thing.by him and all the supporters .

and deal or at least refuse to trade.

OVER AT DEMONOLOGY going nuts about quotes that he has walked !!

and also quoting g. healy from "ON THE COUCH"

re jungle drums

AS M.F.C.THOUGHT A DEAL IN PRINCIPLE IS "NOT" SO.

THEY ARE FLIPPING FROM SCHWARTAS STATEMENT ON SEN .FROM CAM.SCHWAB CLOSE TO SIGNING

TO QUOTE FROM" a "guy" who spoke to CRACKERS KEENAN THAT AAREN IS GOING TO ESSENDON.

other post saying its done he has walked....

james hird knows more than he is prepared to say as the smart grin he smirked when he mentioned "BROTHERLY LOVE"

devastating if found to be correct.

The detrimental effect this will have on the club will be immeasurable.

kids who love him as well as adults.

the culture of the club will only emphasise that M.F.C is not a place to be for the long term..

just a club to be used for a couple of years as a gig to show talent & drum up bigger paying suitors

elsewhere..

COULD HIS THINKING BE THAT FINALS SUCCESS TOO FAR AWAY FOR A 27YO WITH "A"GRADE ABILITY ?

and does he look with envy at his younger brother not wanting to leave ESS and playing finals

not to mention playing to "WIN" with GREAT FOOTY & KILLING MELB. and beating the unbeatable st.kilda.??

does he think they have a better culture more proffessional attitude ?with players not wanting to leave

other than players who have caused headaches..

ESS. MAT. LLOYD not wanting to go to another club even though problems. with coach.is a good look to the outside looking on.

Notice m.lloyd contempt for melb. putting them on the bottom for next year.and mentioning about tanking that .M.F.C. had 2 priority picks in 2003 and melb. has done nothing since.. so melb. must have BAD MANAGEMENT..

crikey now even robbo is doing nothing but harm with his bagging, comments in hobart.

M.F.C. ability to handle this situation appropriately will show their real worth as a club.

the CULTURE is paramount HERE...

M.F.C.has enough high flyers in their coterie groups surely to pay the extra needed.

ala carlton and ess.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUNG PLAYERS COMING INTO THIS CLUB WILL BE THINKING ??

that m.f.c. cant breed loyalty from A grade players ??

MONEY should not be an issue with your best player and as such give him the proper market value and then some.

4 years should not be a problem which will bring him to a 31 yo..only.

remember green had better offers too !!but stayed..

HOW ARE WE GOING TO KEEP TRENGOVE IN 3 YEARS IF THIS STUFF CONTINUES. ??

I noticed the body language from the melb. boys at the brownlow table.

when cameras were on them and it looked very uncomfortable.

aaren,aussie and warnock ,plenty of space between, real sad sacks not much chatter and out of place and embarressed.to be there.

Mike Sheahan saying he spoke with aaren on the night and aaren conveying he would like to be captain.

of M.F.C.

SEEING THAT THIS DRAFT IS SUPPOSEDLY VERY THIN PAST 12-15. PICKS .

it is rediculous to think more and more draft picks is a good thing as MORE TIME is needed to gain experiance.

the value of experianced A grade long term players is unquantifiable in terms of dollars..as the support from young fans and lasting affect on young teamates cant be measured and invaluable.

i just hope for goodness sake that .M.F.C. do the right thing.by him and all the supporters .

and deal or at least refuse to trade.

I would love Aaron to stay but if he wants to go let him go. Hopefully the footy department dont treat it with the hysteria of some on this site. Take away last year and his impact has been minimal for as number of years. For all his worth last year he went missing as soon as he was tagged. There will be short term pain if he leaves but he will not be the difference between us having a premiership tilt in 3-5 years. To pay him an exhorbitant salary to keep him would be bad management. To offer him 4 years would be bad management. Offer him a fair and reasonable salary for a three year deal and if that is not enough get the best we can for him. There was hysteria when Farmer left and we got over it. There was hysteria when we traded Woewodin and we got over it. Granted footy is an emotional sport and we have emotional attachments to players but it really does cloud the judgement of some.

Yep, Yep sorry guys... that was what Burgoyne was looking for.

But although not confirmed, were we not one of three teams that were very keen for him, so we would be offering someone that we were keen on what he wants?

I think he nominated Melbourne as one of his three preferred Victorian clubs (because of the Davey / family connection). We were interested (as we should have been) and spoke to him, but he has since nominated Hawthorn as his preferred club. I have also heard (unofficially) that we thought his original asking price was too high, and that we would not be prepared to trade early draft picks to get him.

I would love Aaron to stay but if he wants to go let him go. Granted footy is an emotional sport and we have emotional attachments to players but it really does cloud the judgement of some.

I agree, I would love Flash to stay but if he is determined to go I would insist on their first round pick, a swap of later picks and Lovett, who is also an indigenous player and a pacy goalkicker. Flash if he wins the B&F could be argued on that basis to be our best player and heavy compensation will be needed. Lovett would ease any tension from the "boys" and if he puts his head down could be a good player for us. He would know this is his last chance in the AFL. Flash had a good year this year and will win the B&F but his previous two years were not great.

Edited by Redleg

Aaron Judd?

If it was another club's B&F and they had first pick in the PSD, what sort of deal would they drive?

A poster on Ology says Flash is away and an announcement will be made on his return that he is to stay a Demon. We will see.

PS. Whatever happens I would try and find a part time role for Wheels at the club as he would be well respected by the indigenous boys on the list and those we are looking at in the future. He would make a fine mentor for them.

Id be really keen to retain Davey...and even mor ekeen not to get Lovett :rolleyes: But if Aaron goes he goes.. Am curious whats the stickler in all this. if he's after 4 then hes totally unrealistic. If he want out because of some disagreement with the direction of Melb as a club...then he will be the loser, if its just money... dont get too greedy there Flash.. and if its some ideal of playing with your brother... its time to put the fairytale book away.

I really only want players who are 100% behind this club and prepared to put 110 % effort in. Thought Aaron was one.. maybe we're wrong. Time will tell.

Dont buckle MFC beyond reasonable ;)

He is not a Koorie and like Einstein I understand what Mono was intending to mean.

Aaron Davey's mob are said to be the Kokatha in South Australia (it also said that he is of Torres Strait Islander Descent) so it's definitely not correct to say he is Koorie as that is a definitely a different mob. He was born in and raised in Darwin.

I myself am a Murri man (Queensland) so if people said I was a Koorie man they would be incorrect and it's definetly not fine. Whether it is fine with Aaron I guess is up to him.

The term Koorie is not wide spread its only used in Vic and NSW. I live in WA and over here the different mobs ie. Nyoongar, Wongi, Yamatji etc each have a very defined identity. I grew up in the NT and it was the same there. It would be like calling the Welsh and Irish - English. Give that a go in a pub in Wales or Ireland and see what the reaction would be.

In regards to this rumour which started in the Brock Mclean thread, and now has made the Press (again mainly as rumour) , was not this same story around last trade season "Davey wants to play with his brother etc." I recall something along those lines. I hope its just part of the healthy negotiations taking place between MFC and Flashes "People" and it all settles down to the outcome of ink on a contract and Aaron staying put.

??

Like I said

"Technically your right but it's more wide spread these days"

I know a few boys from SA who now live in victoria and don't mind being called Koorie.

Well over a coffee I just scanned a few sites. Talk and "news'/inside scoops etc on Davey are spreading faster than manure at a fed gov summit !!

Seems it ranges from...he's all but signed to he's heading to Windy Hill on 4 years and the Davey Gravy train would be full to the brim !!

He's news on just about every clubs boards. Some posters think it justice for our tanking..I mean experimenting and that its Robbos curse of disatisfaction with these tactics that has caused some upheaval at the club. If there was any truth then quite frankly I dont want ANY player that want to put themselves ABOVE the interests of the team.

I think the MFC just have to be firstly realistic in appraisal as to where and what Davey actually is as a player and then be resolute in their dealings. This is no time to panic but an opportunity to further establish the bonefides of the club in terms of its intention to be a serious player, not a pillar to post reactionary rabble.

If he stays he stays, if he goes he goes... the club is bigger and betterr than any player.

Go Dees