A thought for the Freo game.

whitito

In response to the mega tanking talk of the moment, could we as MFC members and fans take a stand against the AFL?

I think we can agree that we want the picks, we hate the fact that losing is good for us right now and it should be stopped. Or the notion should be stopped.

Could we possibly take signs or wear T shirts saying:

"I love the MFC.

I hope we lose.

Fix the system!"

Maybe a united showing of disdain for the priority pick carrot would make the AFL accept that tanking is an issue and will look to implement a lottery system or similar.

In response to the mega tanking talk of the moment, could we as MFC members and fans take a stand against the AFL?

I think we can agree that we want the picks, we hate the fact that losing is good for us right now and it should be stopped. Or the notion should be stopped.

Could we possibly take signs or wear T shirts saying:

"I love the MFC.

I hope we lose.

Fix the system!"

Maybe a united showing of disdain for the priority pick carrot would make the AFL accept that tanking is an issue and will look to implement a lottery system or similar.

I'm in !!!! :unsure:

Shut the F up until after the Draft has been done ok. Not a -----ing word. Nothing.

Absolutely.

The AFL never listens to fans, particularly Melbourne fans. So don't shoot ourselves in the foot by admitting that we're tanking.

Love them or hate them, these priority picks might just be our ticket out of this premiership drought, so sit down, shut up and enjoy them.

Only a fool upsets a Hornet's nest !!

Agreed Heals, but it would definately anger the image conscious AFL and they will have to address the issue. At present they have their heads in the sand.

They don't have their heads in the sand you idiot - they know very well that it occurs.

But they won't and can't admit it.

Its not like you'll be drawing attention to an issue they are unaware of - you'll just making a spectacle of yourself.

Maybe that's what you get off on...

the PP system isnt a worry anymore, as with the "dirty" drafts coming up, the PP system isnt going to be that much of an advantage, as the GC's picks will probably still all come before anyone elses PP's

Its my understanding that there will be no priority draft picks for the next couple of seasons whilst GC17 and WS18 plunder the draft... making them no advantage whatsoever.

Its my understanding that there will be no priority draft picks for the next couple of seasons whilst GC17 and WS18 plunder the draft... making them no advantage whatsoever.

Do nothing! Adopt the Sgt Shultz defence and wait until after the draft!

Jimmy can then call Vlad and say "Tanks a lot Andrew" ;)

Having gone through a hard season and being generally outplayed with only 4 games left, now is not the time to start querying rules or practices. The footy world would absolutely laugh at us if we missed the PP given where we are at right now. As others have said, shut up, smile, take the pick/s and back out of the room quietly.

Next year actually gives the AFL the PERFECT opportunity to eliminate the PP system. No team is eligible to get it, so there won't be any fussed kicked up, and with GC17 coming in the draft is so confusing that no one would be able to come up with what-ifs and maybes should something occur.

Just do it, and end perception. Because whether it's happening or not (and IMO it IS happening), the mere perception that it is is damaging the game.

How friggin stupid is this thread?

Considering that Vlad is getting behind Bailey and defending his 'unusual' tactics and trying to silence the media, I wouldnt exactly go and upset him with a stupid meaningless t-shirt.

Furthure more, to 2nd what WYL said eariler......SHUT THE [censored] UP about priority picks. The season is far from over!

They don't have their heads in the sand you idiot - they know very well that it occurs.

But they won't and can't admit it.

Its not like you'll be drawing attention to an issue they are unaware of - you'll just making a spectacle of yourself.

Maybe that's what you get off on...

Hmmm slightly frustrated I take it.

Questioning my intelligence and where I derive pleasure from surely must come from a frustrated little soul.

Have nice day, it surely has to get better.

Hmmm slightly frustrated I take it.

Questioning my intelligence and where I derive pleasure from surely must come from a frustrated little soul.

Have nice day, it surely has to get better.

The only thing I'd be frustrated about is having criminally stupid supporters like you that think this sort of negative action is somehow constrcutive. :blink:

You sir, are a fool.

Do I seem less frustrated if i used some emoticons? ;):lol:

(got no time for those bloody things)

Enforcer, I keep hearing this on this site but i don't think it is correct.

The AFL have stated that the GC will get picks 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11.... etc. I don't think these are priority picks. The normal reverse ladder position draft picks will fit between them. Last gets 4, 15th gets 6, etc.

As far as I know the AFL has NOT made a ruling/decision regarding next years priority picks. At this point in time, priority picks before the first round in 2010 draft are still on. If Freo and the Dees are still spaz, they will qualify for a pick before GC first pick, or pick 4 (the first 'live pick').

Can someone please post a link if they have come accross any info on this.

That means that PP next year become even more valuable because of the GC picks.

If our situation now was next year we would qualify for pick 1 & 2 or pick 4 & 6 (presuming we finish last and depending where the AFL will place the PP).