Morton - seemingly without passion

Petterd - some effective disposals

Rivers - Rivers of old

Robertson - Robertson of old

Sylvia - made another statement

Warnock - loved his energy

Wheatley - provided some composure

Pretty spot on Joeboy.

Bate isnt great in a contested situation, but it will come. Presents well, and can kick. Iam very happy with Bate atm.

Morton absolutely needs a rest. Looking very slow and a little unenthused.

Jetta borked out of a couple of contests, but still quite young.

Why wasnt Daey taking the kick ins so he could break the tag???

Bate - Just a game

Bennell - is developing

Bruce - another excellent game

Davey - not at best

Frawley - strong work ethic

Green - best of year

Grimes - rising star please

Jamar - DOMINATED the ruck

Jetta - young and unimposing

Jones - gutsy(bleeds red and blue)

Jurrah - silky moover

Martin - continues to devlop

McLean - returning to form

McDonald - needs more impact

Moloney - see jones

Morton - on a casual jog

Petterd - solid contribution

Rivers - courageous an unselfish

Robertson -the spring was back

Sylvia - contiues to impress

Warnock - outstanding, controlled the defence

Wheatley - 1st game back

The amount of times Morton gets free, makes good position standing around waving his hands in the air, only to be ignored, is ridiculous.

I can think of three possible explanations.

1. His team mates chose a better option

2. He wasn't in his team mate's field of vision ie standing wide on the wing rather than in the V.

3. His team mates just don't like him.

There are probably others, but that will do to start with.

These are my standouts from today, good & bad:

Grimes - brilliant all day

Jamar - big Russian presence

Warnock - intensity, accuracy, attacking

Moloney - aggressive crashing midfielder

Jones - gutsy, brave, effective

Jurrah - an excitement machine

Rivers - some shocking disposal

Morton - let himself down

Robbo - much lying down

The intensity was what I loved, it compensated for the poor disposal skills that dominated the past 3 weeks.

The amount of times Morton gets free, makes good position standing around waving his hands in the air, only to be ignored, is ridiculous.

Agree. I don't mind him being ignored if he's in a poor position but a number of times today he was available & a poorer option taken, resulting in a turnover.

Began to wonder if he's shagged someone's missus.

I can think of three possible explanations.

1. His team mates chose a better option

2. He wasn't in his team mate's field of vision ie standing wide on the wing rather than in the V.

3. His team mates just don't like him.

There are probably others, but that will do to start with.

He is generally standing free in the corridor. Today, there was one instance where he stood on the 50m line dead in the centre of the ground, waving his hands in the air like a nutcase, and nobody kicked to him.

Maybe it's because, when he turns sideways, he disappears :lol: (edit: didn't see your post condemned... damn it!)

In all seriousness, sitting near the bench you see plenty of player interaction, and to be honest I don't see Morton being part of any sort of clique or group (and there are some very obvious ones out there). I mean even today after the game, he was running behind the group as we ran into the rooms.

This is just a very shallow observation, and I obviously have no idea what goes on behind closed doors, but from things that I've heard and seen, Morton is not the most popular guy going around.

Hopefully this changes quickly, because if he is unhappy and wants to leave, maybe even to play with his brothers (who he lives with), I'll be mighty [censored] off. This kid has every weapon to be a star, and the guys around him need to realise it and embrace it.

He is generally standing free in the corridor. Today, there was one instance where he stood on the 50m line dead in the centre of the ground, waving his hands in the air like a nutcase, and nobody kicked to him.

Maybe it's because, when he turns sideways, he disappears :lol: (edit: didn't see your post condemned... damn it!)

In all seriousness, sitting near the bench you see plenty of player interaction, and to be honest I don't see Morton being part of any sort of clique or group (and there are some very obvious ones out there). I mean even today after the game, he was running behind the group as we ran into the rooms.

This is just a very shallow observation, and I obviously have no idea what goes on behind closed doors, but from things that I've heard and seen, Morton is not the most popular guy going around.

Hopefully this changes quickly, because if he is unhappy and wants to leave, maybe even to play with his brothers (who he lives with), I'll be mighty [censored] off. This kid has every weapon to be a star, and the guys around him need to realise it and embrace it.

Jaded I enjoy your opinions but I think have rose coloured glasses on re this boy. I don't think he has the confidence of his team-mates yet.

Bate : Presented well

Frawley: Stands Tall

Rivers : Courage personified

Warnock: Best 1 %

Bennell: Improving

Petterd: Plays above height

Wheatley: welcome back

McLean: Appreciated extra time

Sylvia: Quality when thinking

Jurrah: Floats beautifully

Bruce: Leadership

Mc Donald : Fair Dinkum

Green: Back to kicking

Jetta: Could be mid fielder

Davey: Overcame early frustration

Robbo: Needs to lead

Jones: Passionate & Brave

Jamar: At last a ruckman

Morton: Tired but unused

Martin: Improving exponentially

Moloney: Better disposal

Grimes: Bloody brilliant

Apart from that they COMPETED !

Jaded I enjoy your opinions but I think have rose coloured glasses on re this boy. I don't think he has the confidence of his team-mates yet.

I hope that's all it is, I really do.

You'll forgive me if I'm slightly paranoid about losing young talent to other clubs... :unsure:

I have to tell you, joeboy, I really don't like the 'three-word summary' idea.

I guess its good to get the clift notes on how each player is going but I like a bit of depth. Sometimes you need more than three words.

Anyway...

Jetta had 7 touches and 6 tackles and 3 assists. Again. Limited influence? Maybe... But when the ball was near he wanted it, and helped his teammates get it.

Bate was the driving force across half forward. Selwood said after the game that the Eagles defence set-up with nullifying Bate across half forward. He drew the ball and his unco-ordinated kicking may annoy Freak but it is incredibly, and undeniably, effective. The guy can kick the footy.

McLean was great, and so was Moloney, and Jones brave. Our middle tier players stood up.

I have to tell you, joeboy, I really don't like the 'three-word summary' idea.

I guess its good to get the clift notes on how each player is going but I like a bit of depth. Sometimes you need more than three words.

McLean was great, and so was Moloney, and Jones brave

this is a great thread and really great work to joeboy for starting this!

i think ull find many people look forward to this thread an while they might not agree with joeboy its a simple thread and does not take 3 hours to read

all the rubbish posted!

somtimes u needmore than 3 words ey?

Mclean - great

moloney - great

jones- brave

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

GRIMES

I LOVE YOU

Mclean - whichever tool decided to claim he was in a form slump after his last 7 weeks can dig himself into a hole and not come out.