We MUST beat Pies

Collingwood are starting to get cocky again, and are talking about winning their next 4 games. They think they can make the top 4.

It's our responsibility to thwart their plans.

For this game we must pick our best team, including experienced players where they're the best bet.

I don't want to win any other game this year.....JUST THIS ONE!!!!!

Collingwood are starting to get cocky again, and are talking about winning their next 4 games. They think they can make the top 4.

It's our responsibility to thwart their plans.

For this game we must pick our best team, including experienced players where they're the best bet.

I don't want to win any other game this year.....JUST THIS ONE!!!!!

Couldn't agree more JJC, nothing better than watching 50,000 disappointed Pies leave the ground having put $300,000 into our bank account!

It would be a nice feeling. I am content to have that as out only win for the season. This collingwood side is not as strong as some may think, and may crumble against an up and coming demons side.

We will go in underdogs, which is a good thing!

We are on show on Monday, for our one Game of the year. I just want all the players to give it their best shot. The whole team to play well, not just for ten minutes. But for the entire match.

Whether we actually win is this year irrelevant to me, although it would be nice. As long as some of our young kids start believing that they can actually play at this level, with creativity & composure.

Some of the Filth's players are no more experienced than our young guys. Big effort from DB this week.

This is the one and only game I desperately want to win this year, and one which I would be very disappointed to lose for the following reasons;

Firstly because a big crowd and free to air exposure means we need to pull ourselves together and show something decent.

Secondly because we need to justify to the AFL that we deserve to keep this fixture going. Getting smashed is not going to help our cause.

Thirdly, who doesn't love smashing Collingwood on the big day?

And finally, I would really like for Jack and Jack to experience a win (poor Grimesy is yet to play in a win!), and indeed for every young kid in the side to feel what it's like to win on a big occasion in front of a big crowd

Going on our current form we'd have to be a very good chance of knocking them off - if you look at our recent opponents - Hawthorn, St Kilda, Geelong, Bulldogs - we have far from disgraced ourselves, in some cases come close to pinching it.

St Kilda was probably our worst attempt.

But if our form is good enough to stay with them, its definitely good enough to knock off the filth.

And then hopefully, our boys will be overconfident and with a renewed respect from the opposition, we will not win too many more games.

Absolute best-case-scenario.

some people are walking contradictions. You say that you want picks 1 + 2, yet you want us to beat collingwood. Okay so we beat collingwood.

Then we beat Richmond, West Coast and Fremantle. ALL WHO WE PLAY AT THE MCG! that takes us to 5 wins. Good-bye picks.

And thats assuming we lose to essendon, north melbourne and port adelaide at the mcg.

Be careful what you wish for

Winning is irrelevant this year and Collingwood is just another team, the scoreboard result doesn't matter.

some people are walking contradictions. You say that you want picks 1 + 2, yet you want us to beat collingwood. Okay so we beat collingwood.

Then we beat Richmond, West Coast and Fremantle. ALL WHO WE PLAY AT THE MCG! that takes us to 5 wins. Good-bye picks.

And thats assuming we lose to essendon, north melbourne and port adelaide at the mcg.

So, what, you two are hoping we lose on Monday?

I agree that there are plenty of hypocrites on this website who will trumpet the notion of tanking when it suits us, yet when rival clubs do it they condemn it. But we've got 1 win on the board. We can afford 3 more under your rules, and I wouldn't back us in to win all of Richmond, WC and Fremantle. I'd be surprised if we did.

This is the one game of the year that matters to this club, for so many reasons. We absolutely have to win.

Whatever Freak. Let us have this one, without bringing up the [censored] argument of next years draft. Melb fans deserve to win the one.

Collingwood will have a couple of good ins this week and are almost looking like a full strength side again. Its not going to be easy.

I just hope all of Melbourne turn up for the walk to the 'G', Followed by big win against the filth then off to the tennis centre afterwards to celebrate !!!! Go Dees WIN THIS ONE !!!!

Perfect Steamin. I'm travelling down from Canberra to be part of it all. Wouldn't miss it for anything!

some people are walking contradictions. You say that you want picks 1 + 2, yet you want us to beat collingwood. Be careful what you wish for

You're right, it is a vexed question. I don't want to win more than 4, but I'd like this to be one of the remaining three.

But it doesn't quite work that way. Does it ?

Hating Collingwood is yesterday. They're a joke of a club who has won one flag in 50 years and despite their riches can't buy one. I feel sorry for them.

Maybe the Dees will do it for Jonesy's old man!

That's right. It's hard to believe we are playing them twice within the first 11 rounds of the season. If the team gives 110% and sticks to their tasks, minimises the turnovers and is competitive throughout, I'll be happy no matter the result. I just want good contested, exciting footy from our players for the full game. I also want to see an attacking brand, taking the game on, taking risks and plenty of goals.

That's right. It's hard to believe we are playing them twice within the first 11 rounds of the season. If the team gives 110% and sticks to their tasks, minimises the turnovers and is competitive throughout, I'll be happy no matter the result. I just want good contested, exciting footy from our players for the full game. I also want to see an attacking brand, taking the game on, taking risks and plenty of goals.

I'm in the same boat, High Tower. Each week, all I ask is steadied improvement. Minimise those turnovers, get better at decision making (which comes with more games) and improve disposal effectiveness. The other BIG thing is being able to run out an entire game. I know as a young side, we're not going to be doing that just yet, but I think that should be the aim every week. I'm also loving the 4 quarter competitiveness. Finally, we're playing with passion and determination, that I haven't seen in a Melbourne team for many years. There's no doubt Bailey is building a strong culture down there. Go Dees!

Another reason to win this weekend is that we have the break after it.

Nothing would be better than revelling in defeating the Magpies for two weeks - both wins last year (WC ignored) were had the week before the break.

Sure, I want the picks, but I want this win as well. We can do this.

As has been said by some, there is nothing better than beating the filth and if this is our last win for the year, I will be happy.

..........and yes, let's do it for Jonesy's old man.