Brad Green

Dappa Dan

Sorry for yet another thread on an already over-loaded board...

But I thought Brad deserved his own thread today. He's won over even the most hardened MFC supporters with his unselfishness, skill and heart in the last couple of years. Before yesterday's match I was willing to cut him some slack, given he was gone for the biggest break of his career to date, I believe. I thought maybe he'd need some time to get back to his best, especially given the fact his face was caved in, I'd imagined he might shirk a contest or two.

None of that though. Brad picked up exactly where he left off. 30 quality touches, courage, brains, all his best hallmarks. I don't know about all of you, but given the severity of his injury, I'm absolutely floored by the fact we didn't see any evidence of him being worried about his safety.

He just keeps impressing me does Brad.

Morning Dan! Up nice and early aren't we? I'm just about to go to bed... Thank god for Monday mornings off! ;)

Well...

Green, what a champ! Agree completely.

IMO Brad Green is our best player, and this week in talk of his return, i said i wouldn't mind him finding his feet and gaining a bit of confidence at Casey before coming back into the team. Just to err on the side of caution. But that would've been a complete waste of time! He slotted straight back in and didnt look like he'd even missed any footy, let alone having his face put back together. Was as hard and brave as ever. There's no player at Melbourne i admire more.

He seemed to get better as the game went on and I'm surprised at the lack of recognition he has been given for his game yesterday. I thought he would be a little apprehensive, but not a sign of it and some of the spoils he did yesterday were sensational. If it wasn't for the Kid playing his best game ever he would have been our best by a mile.

He seemed to get better as the game went on and I'm surprised at the lack of recognition he has been given for his game yesterday. I thought he would be a little apprehensive, but not a sign of it and some of the spoils he did yesterday were sensational. If it wasn't for the Kid playing his best game ever he would have been our best by a mile.

That was my take on it too Robbie. Thought there was some cobwebs early that got blown off as the game went on. Very pleasing game. IMO he's currently the best player on our list.

That was my take on it too Robbie. Thought there was some cobwebs early that got blown off as the game went on. Very pleasing game. IMO he's currently the best player on our list.

Green seems the ever reliable kind on our list now....he's kicks from half back line or centre to up forward are that much more important to the side.....before the injury I guess supporters like me just took it for granted. Well done Greeny, welcome back to the fold.

Morning Dan! Up nice and early aren't we? I'm just about to go to bed...

Ahhh, well noticed, but wrong... I'm currently in L.A.

Aaron Davey says hello...

I think based on the start of this season, Aaron has him beaten. But over careers, yes, it's Brad... Will be an interesting Bluey.

Ahhh, well noticed, but wrong... I'm currently in L.A.

Aaron Davey says hello...

I think based on the start of this season, Aaron has him beaten. But over careers, yes, it's Brad... Will be an interesting Bluey.

Davey to pip him on the back of a few more games played ;p

Green has played better than Davey.

Davey was in a purple patch of form, but got mostly soft touches and is now struggling when being tagged.

Brad Green is the only A grader on our list IMO, Davey could get there though

Fantastic, gutsy, team oriented return by Greeny. I know Robbo's 'epic' has been done to death elsewhere, but I can't think of two more contrasting contributions to the Melbourne cause on Sunday evening .... Greeny vs Robbo.

Deeoldfart - right on the money. Really pleased with green's form. Doing so many things rights on field. Cannot believe people have called him soft. Wonderful leadership regardless of not being captain.

Brad is our next Captain. Who else would play that well first Game back from a Broken jaw..What a GUN.

I'd love to see him as a permanent full forward, now that Davey has developed as a midfielder.

i concur with all these comments - he's been terrific for three or four years now..........

jumbo

Green has played better than Davey.

Yeah, for that game he was...

Davey was in a purple patch of form, but got mostly soft touches and is now struggling when being tagged.

???? Based on one game? Last weekend was the first time all year just about that he was beaten.

Brad Green is the only A grader on our list IMO, Davey could get there though

I think it's fair to say that. However, Davey has been better this year. Due mostly to the fact Green missed a few weeks with his injury. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Brad's played a bad one this year, but Davey has not been out yet... Otherwise, yes, I think on any given day when both get a full 120 minutes in, Green would be a fraction ahead of Davey... going on the fact he's just so consistent these days.