• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

My 3 word player analysis V The Fats

joeboy

Bartram - man for job

Bate - made a contribution

Bennell - lot to like

Bruce - not his best

Davey - prolific and dynamic

Dunn - many positive contributions

Frawley - b -o -g

Johnson - noticed in 1st

Jones - provided clean possessions

Maric - strengths were weaknesses

McDonald - never stopped trying

Martin - I like him

McLean - slow and labouring

Meesen - creative in ruck

Miller - poor game today

Moloney - lacked effective disposal

Morton - in best three

Petterd - good contribution forward

Rivers - still the man

Robertson - a pleasing return

Sylvia - goals on run

Warnock - disciplined and successful

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Joeboy makes the effort every single week. That is to say, he goes to the trouble of expressing his thoughts. Don't be so pompous or we will think you are the King!

Not saying he doesn't, I look forward to reading Joeboy's comments each week, just challenging the abitrary rules relating to posting in this thread. Just because you start a thread, doesn't mean you can dictate how responses should be made. To assume the tone in my response was pompous is an extreme misinterpretaion. In my own mind it sounded like I was simply expressing a matter-of-fact statement. However, if that is how you read it, I'm sorry for your lack of understanding.

I would be DESPERATE IF I targeted you, Your pompous Majesty!

Have you lost the plot or did you drink alot at the game today? I suggest you might want to go in for a cold shower. By the way, since when did 'pompous' become your word of the day?

Moving right along, I think this little spat might have hijacked the actual puprose of this thread, which is to evoke dicussion based on our players performance.

I thought you were a bit harsh on Stef Martin Joeboy. He showed good signs up forward and created some great opportunities. Certainly didn't look out of his depth.

Bate - what's his position?

Bruce - doesn't stand up

Davey - career best form

Dunn - not quite there

Frawley - strength and agility

Johnson - struggling with form

Jones - improved with support

Maric - disposal was dissapointing

McDonald - ran hard repeatedly

Martin - successful forward experiment

McLean - not a star

Meesen - better than jamar

Miller - cant kick 50

Moloney - quieter than usual

Morton - showing elite potential

Rivers - loose and unaccountable

Robertson - showed his class

Sylvia - still too quiet

Warnock - determined quiet achiever

Bartram - intensity set tone

Bate - AFL's worst ranga

Bennell - turnover after turnover

Bruce - costly missed goal (in qtr 1)

Davey - continually hit targets

Dunn - playing wrong position

Frawley - Arguably our best

Johnson - Didn't mind him

Jones - Very good game

Maric - rushed his disposals

McDonald - Never plays poorly

Martin - An under-rated player

McLean - Returning to form

Meesen - Only 5 hitouts

Miller - fewer costly mistakes

Moloney - great first half

Morton - terrific and horrible

Petterd - a good game

Rivers - did his role

Sylvia - career best tackling

Warnock -Did his part

Bartram - determined but exposed

Bate - not on field

Bennell - often seemed overawed

Bruce - was surprisingly loose

Davey - prolific and dynamic

Dunn - seemed totally lost

Frawley - loose but exciting

Johnson - was rarely noticed

Jones - determined but sporadic

Maric - a huge disappointment

McDonald - never stopped trying

Martin - all at sea

McLean - slow and labouring

Meesen - played his part

Miller - always double teamed

Moloney - not as prolific

Morton - too easily outmuscled

Petterd - lost in pocket

Rivers - was rarely sighted

Sylvia - far too little

Warnock - disciplined and successful

Possibly the worst summary ive ever seen.

Normally pretty good, but today, we made a raelly good showing of ourselves and I personally was full of postive vibes after our performance. Morton was fantastic and has superstar engraved on his chest, Martin was great and showed good versatility, Sylvia put in a great effort and is coming along, Moloney tried all day, Frawley was not loose at al, simply attacking.

WHy ppl choose to be so negative perturbs me, signs are really good atm, the players are really staring to become confident in the game plan, and didnt back down against one of the best sides of all time. We were tough at the ball, took the game on a bit, and simply made too amny errors, which is natural with a young side, but the important thing is we took risks, were physical, created contests, and didnt at any stage drop our heads.

Each week we are getting more postive signs, and there will be games coming up were we click them all at once and look very impressive, then there will be times were we just look ordinary, again, normal for the youngets side in the competition.

Alot of exp to come in, alonmg with more youth..

Bring it on dees..

Im proud to be a demon man today :)

Don't get me started on bruce.. typically butchered the ball, was laughable in the third against johnson and his kick to maric that nearly had him killed was terrible!!

How about his tackle on Chapman in front of the members? Chapman had the ball and was running out of bounds, and so Bruce decides to clothesline him!?! If Bruce didn't touch him, it was a throw in. If Bruce tackled him legitimately it was still a throw in because he was right on the line. So what does he do? Concedes a free kick with a lazy, pathetic, head-high tackle!!! And he's supposedly a leader of this club...

Guest petjud
Possibly the worst summary ive ever seen.

Normally pretty good, but today, we made a raelly good showing of ourselves and I personally was full of postive vibes after our performance. Morton was fantastic and has superstar engraved on his chest, Martin was great and showed good versatility, Sylvia put in a great effort and is coming along, Moloney tried all day, Frawley was not loose at al, simply attacking.

WHy ppl choose to be so negative perturbs me, signs are really good atm, the players are really staring to become confident in the game plan, and didnt back down against one of the best sides of all time. We were tough at the ball, took the game on a bit, and simply made too amny errors, which is natural with a young side, but the important thing is we took risks, were physical, created contests, and didnt at any stage drop our heads.

Each week we are getting more postive signs, and there will be games coming up were we click them all at once and look very impressive, then there will be times were we just look ordinary, again, normal for the youngets side in the competition.

Alot of exp to come in, alonmg with more youth..

Bring it on dees..

Im proud to be a demon man today :)

Nudge,

I'm with you, Joeboy is usually quite good and I enjoy the read, but this one is so full of negativity, I thought most of the team performed well today, I think a lot of the posters here think that unless a player can kick a bag of goals they are not a player.....some should actually be made to watch Geeelong over and over again as they play as a team, where not everybody is a star, just guys doing their job....Bailey is trying to do the same thing.

On another post here.....I loved the coathanger Bruce put on, not in a dangerours position, a lovely cynical move to show the Geelong player we are not pushovers............you people are so hard to please.

Can you also start posting who the next saviour is so I can steel myself for the hysterical posts that will not doubt appear....felt sorry for Maric....think he was trying too hard............but you can see the potential

Bartram - one of many in this side that worries me with what they do with the all.. all very well getting it..need to improve with effeciveness ( hes not alone )

Bate - de-Bate-ale isnt he....needs to do something or in danger of becoming irrelevent to our future..a shame

Bennell - having moments.. and they are good.. like the look of this kid

Bruce - so much effort and endeavor...so many stuff ups..frustrating to the max

Davey - now heres a real footballer :)

Dunn - Dunn-derhead !! more things in the cons than the pros here..

Frawley - really growing on me, this lad

Johnson - a decent game without anythign brilliant..am hoping for more

Jones - really starting to [censored] me off to tell the truth.. disposal anf thinking is killing all his good work.

Maric - slowly getting ack into the swing.. needs to have more confidence back in his kicking

McDonald - such the trier *sigh*

Martin - heres an interesting one.. a surprise up forward.. a ahndy assett whos only getting better

McLean - hasnt quite found his groove this year..and I think others disposals are niggling him..might just be me though

Meesen - well ...umm.. seemed ok actually..have to admit..lol

Miller - no diamond...but definitley a handy trier.. "confounds" i think is the word. Definitely etter now he kicks more..strangely one of few who can !! go figure

Moloney - gets a tick !!

Morton - starting to lift.. going to watch him more now..Moments of brilliance ( if subtle) keep this one

Petterd - back to kicking school young man

Rivers - starting to wonder

Robertson - someone who knows where the goals are..a handy thing..lol

Sylvia - a game of two halves... not realy what we want is it Colin ?

Warnock - sound and resolute down back. has really got to grips with the position

Bartram - much better performance

Bate - useless yet again

Bennell - showed some glimpses

Bruce - really poor kicking

Davey - continues to impress

Dunn - another crap performance

Frawley - another good game

Johnson - not that great

Jones - he's been worse

McDonald - not our worst

Martin - better down back

McLean - far too slow

Meesen - better than Johnson

Miller - must do more

Moloney - an average game

Morton - a better performance

Petterd - not a forward

Rivers - his worst effort?

Robertson - a good return

Sylvia - not enough again

Warnock - got beaten often

Am I the only person who thought Warnock had a poor game? Mooney seemed to take a lot of marks and beat Warnock one on one a lot. Yes, the supply was good and plentiful, but I think Warnock's played a lot better this year than what he played yesterday.

If I see Dunn poo his pants once more when going for a mark or a hard ball I reckon I'll spew. Maric had a shocker too, but I'm prepared for patience there. Bruce as a leader just has to kick those gettable goals.

Completely agree. Bruce is rapidly declining IMO. Maric shouldn't play that bad again (let's hope). And Dunn, well, he just shouldn't be playing.

Guest petjud
Bartram - much better performance

Bate - useless yet again

Bennell - showed some glimpses

Bruce - really poor kicking

Davey - continues to impress

Dunn - another crap performance

Frawley - another good game

Johnson - not that great

Jones - he's been worse

McDonald - not our worst

Martin - better down back

McLean - far too slow

Meesen - better than Johnson

Miller - must do more

Moloney - an average game

Morton - a better performance

Petterd - not a forward

Rivers - his worst effort?

Robertson - a good return

Sylvia - not enough again

Warnock - got beaten often

Am I the only person who thought Warnock had a poor game? Mooney seemed to take a lot of marks and beat Warnock one on one a lot. Yes, the supply was good and plentiful, but I think Warnock's played a lot better this year than what he played yesterday.

Completely agree. Bruce is rapidly declining IMO. Maric shouldn't play that bad again (let's hope). And Dunn, well, he just shouldn't be playing.

Oh dear, you may as well throw in Scarlett as well as having a poor game, Robbo had six shots and took quite a few marks on him, in these days when the full back can't even stare forcefully at the Full Forward without giving a free kick away. the service to Mooney was very good and he leads well.....

Warnock did ok when it was more of a contested situation.........try and understand a bit of the footy before making statements like these.......

On another post here.....I loved the coathanger Bruce put on, not in a dangerours position, a lovely cynical move to show the Geelong player we are not pushovers............you people are so hard to please.

You are kidding me????? You really think that Bruce displayed bravado by giving away a needless free kick? The courageous thing to do was tackle Chapman and force a throw-in. It was either a lazy or a gutless act, that doesn't display leadership.

"Am I the only person who thought Warnock had a poor game? Mooney seemed to take a lot of marks and beat Warnock one on one a lot."

I thought Warnock had a good game. Gave good drive on a number of occasions and didn't concede much. It was Rivers on Mooney that gave up a number easy marks, 3m mimimum off the pace.

Guest petjud
You are kidding me????? You really think that Bruce displayed bravado by giving away a needless free kick? The courageous thing to do was tackle Chapman and force a throw-in. It was either a lazy or a gutless act, that doesn't display leadership.

No I am not kidding...if you watched the game...you would have seen Davey having his short pulled, blocked, elbowed etc etc...you can't retaliate otherwise you end up in the book.........Bruce gave a bit back...the game was over as a contest.he was making a statement..........he could have tackled him.he was right on the line anyway.so he gave him a clip..boo hoo poor Geelong player........

Have to agree with those who have said that this post isn't up to Joeboy's usual standard - much too negative.

Overall there are two players who have been very disappointing this year - Bate and Dunn. Here are two first round picks coming into their fifth year who don't appear to be improving.

Maric needed the run and both Martin and Bennell showed something. Rivers is still settling back into regular footy - and in a new role

Dunny and the Master are at the crossroads

No I am not kidding...if you watched the game...you would have seen Davey having his short pulled, blocked, elbowed etc etc...you can't retaliate otherwise you end up in the book.........Bruce gave a bit back...the game was over as a contest.he was making a statement..........he could have tackled him.he was right on the line anyway.so he gave him a clip..boo hoo poor Geelong player........

Sellwood made a statement with his mark running with the flight of the ball. Bruce's coat hanger was a cheap shot that inspires nobody.

Sellwood made a statement with his mark running with the flight of the ball. Bruce's coat hanger was a cheap shot that inspires nobody.

Spot on.

Davey's smother was brave, and inspirational.

Bruce giving away silly free kicks was not. Neither was his disposal or decision making, which has let him down time and time again.

While I appreciate how hard Bruce works in general play, and the fact that he hasn't lost any of his aerobic capacity, he needs to be made responsible for his awful disposal. Also, yesterday he went half-hearted into a number of tackles that he should have nailed.

Yes he may be our Vice Captain, but at the moment he is struggling to influence the contest and he needs to be made accountable for that. I know they won't drop him, like they won't drop Junior, but they should. Nobody should be given a free ride.

Couldn't agree more. Thought his commitment to the ball was inspirational. I think Miller was preturbed by this and elected not to make contact. He should have contested for that mark and cleaned up Selwood in the process, that would have said more about toughness than Bruce's actions. Bruce's 'coathanger' was lazy and about as sloppy as his disposal.

I thought Warnock had a good game. Gave good drive on a number of occasions and didn't concede much. It was Rivers on Mooney that gave up a number easy marks, 3m mimimum off the pace.

I did like it when he provided an option further up the ground. But I thought Warnock was on Mooney in the first half, which was when Mooney looked more dangerous. Anyway, Warnock's certainly not at the top of Melbourne's problems at the moment.

Warnock did ok when it was more of a contested situation.........try and understand a bit of the footy before making statements like these.......

You know, you could make your point a lot neater if you weren't so condescending. Look at Trident for example. Same problem, but he at least didn't resort to insulting. It was just my opinion.

Guest petjud
I did like it when he provided an option further up the ground. But I thought Warnock was on Mooney in the first half, which was when Mooney looked more dangerous. Anyway, Warnock's certainly not at the top of Melbourne's problems at the moment.

You know, you could make your point a lot neater if you weren't so condescending. Look at Trident for example. Same problem, but he at least didn't resort to insulting. It was just my opinion.

I am not condescending, patronising etc......I just get a bit exasperated at some posters who seem to lack a bit of knowledge about footy and post on here with sweeping statements and when they are proved either wrong or misplaced become all offended....I don't have to agree with what is written and I am also entitled to my opinion without being called condescending or is that different?

If you read all the reports, paper, tv, other sites Warnock and Bruce were amongst the best on the field for what they did, Bruce seems to cop some flak every week, he runs himself into the ground every week, covering up holes that appear.....

...if some of the posters would just take their eye of the ball for a moment and watch other things......that is why I sit up on the top level of the Ponsford...it gives an overall view....

......that is why the coaches sit up in the stands and not ground level anymore..the game is too fast

...I like the whack Bruce gave Johnson (who is a smartarse on the field), you will notice he jumped straight up and took the free kick and nobody from Geelong came rushing in....they are masters of the niggle and the putting the opponent over the sideline to hurt...just watch Ling or Milburn occasionally.

We should be able to hand it out........it wasn't clumsy or lazy...it was deliberate, Bruce was close enough to sheperd him over the line but game him a nice whack........

Everybody loves Wheels, this has been part of parcel of his game for a while, if he is in a neutral position on the field he doesn't make taking a quick slightly illegal shot..it let's the opponent know you will take no crap.....

the way it is going we may as well make it a non contact sport....Bruce was not reported, there was no 50m penalty, it was hard in the pocket.....you would think by the hysteria to my post that it was a free kick on the edge of the goal square....

had my say now......all I wish for now is for Jetta back next week and I can pick up my dummy and be satisfied..or is that pacified......

Overall there are two players who have been very disappointing this year - Bate and Dunn. Here are two first round picks coming into their fifth year who don't appear to be improving.

Dunny and the Master are at the crossroads

I really don't know what has happened to these two. They showed a bit of promise early in their careers but just don't seem up to carrying the load themselves as they become mature senior players.

Two high draft picks that just don't seem to be working out. I hope they can turn it around but their form has been worrying certainly.

I really don't know what has happened to these two. They showed a bit of promise early in their careers but just don't seem up to carrying the load themselves as they become mature senior players.

Two high draft picks that just don't seem to be working out. I hope they can turn it around but their form has been worrying certainly.

Without a top-shelf KFP, 'B' or 'C Grade' players like Bate and Dunn will be manned up in the forward line by an A Grade defender. It's like McLean (and maybe Jones), who dropped off after his first year by being tagged all the time. Like McLean, they will either work through it, or they will be gone.

Bate in particular is really bad below his knees, and I wonder whether like Dunn it's because he is always wary of the crunch that may be coming.

I am not condescending, patronising etc......I just get a bit exasperated at some posters who seem to lack a bit of knowledge about footy and post on here with sweeping statements and when they are proved either wrong or misplaced become all offended....I don't have to agree with what is written and I am also entitled to my opinion without being called condescending or is that different?

You certainly don't need to agree with what's written but there's no need to take pot shots at other supporters if you think they have something wrong.

In footy terminology, play the ball and not the man.

I certainly wouldn't take a cheap shot at you because you incorrectly asserted that Bruce was regarded as 'amongst the best on the field for what they did' in "all the reports, paper, tv, other sites" (Bruce was given 3 votes in the 'bad ones' on MMM).