• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What's the source of BT's grudge?

Arem

MMM just before the match yesterday

Mark Stevens – “we had Jim Stynes in earlier and you seemed to treat him with disdain. You seem to have a personnal vendetta against this football club Brian.

BT – “I have no problem with Jim Stynes who I think is doing a fantastic job, but I do have a problem with the Melbourne football club and in particular their supporters.

That was it, he didn’t expand and no more questions were asked. As usual with BT calling Melbourne, snide remarks were frequent throughout the call.

So does this date back to his playing days or did a Melbourne supporter run over his dog?? :unsure:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably just wants to gain attention.

No doubt if we asked him, and expressed that we were "die-hards", he'd probably just claim that we were the "exception."

I heard him do this in '07, ignoring the fact that if you deleted all "die-hards" from a club because they are the "exception," each club's supporter base would look frail.

Absolute rubbish

Mark Stevens – “we had Jim Stynes in earlier and you seemed to treat him with disdain. You seem to have a personnal vendetta against this football club Brian.

BT – “I have no problem with Jim Stynes who I think is doing a fantastic job, but I do have a problem with the Melbourne football club and in particular their supporters.

That was it, he didn’t expand and no more questions were asked. As usual with BT calling Melbourne, snide remarks were frequent throughout the call.

So does this date back to his playing days or did a Melbourne supporter run over his dog?? :unsure:

Yeah simple answer is that, BT is a f#$king [censored] bag with, for some reason or another has a personal vendetta against us.

I thought it was partly typical Collingwood arrogance, but I don't hear him say the same about North supporters (for example).

I have to say, he did expand on it slightly though, not sure how you missed it cos it was part of the conversation - he said "the supporters don't turn out to support their team". He said something else to that affect but i can't remember. "They don't care" or something like that. I tuned out cos he was being typical moody BT.

I hate BT. He thinks he's God's gift to this Earth. A total [censored]. I cannot understand how he continues to be crowned the best commentator in the business. Useless.

Rant over.

As a former Richmond & Collingwood player it only stands to reason that he has a balanced view of the MFC

A.K.A

A chip on each shoulder

That's mind-boggling. What a complete w#nker! I hate the stereotype that our supporters are apathetic. I hate it even more when our fans buy into it and think it's true. It's not! To prove this, I've constructed a list of things our fans have done recently for our club which PROVES we're the best supporters in the world! Enjoy:

- Signed up in record numbers in a season that was our worst for 25 years. Look likely to break that record the following season when are likely to play only slightly better.

- Sourced a major sponsor for the club (Kapersky Software - for those that don't know the story, this company was introduced to the club by a Melbourne supporting employee).

- Raised more money than any other clubs' supporters in the history of the game, in the space of a month (debt demolition - 2008).

- Despite being comfortably the worst side last year, we finished nowhere the bottom in the 'attendance ladder'.

- Drowned out the final siren at the MCG for probably the first time ever (vs Brisbane 2008). The roaring of the red and blue hoardes as Green kicked a 'goal' (was actually after the siren) was so loud the siren couldn't even be heard in the commentary box!

There are heaps more that I think are true but can't really prove so I've left them off (e.g. most knowledgeable). Whilst I would never suggest we have a large quantity of supporters, the QUALITY of our support is unrivalled. Never more so yesterday when our fans protected a player's father from marauding thugs. So who cares what the BTs of this world think. It takes guts and heart to support this club and our supporters have this in spades. It's about time we all realised this and then maybe people outside the club will notice it as well.

He basically hates us cause every time he played against us Danny Hughes would kill him! He hardly kicked a goal against Hughes and pretty much every contest reulted in "Wrestlemania" with Hughes winning hands down!!

i enjoy BT calling footy, but not when Melbourne are playing...

clear bias against us, always putting the boots in about the crowd, saying there are about 12,000 people at our games, when there's double that in attendance... they're all sitting below you or above you BT, just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're not there...

i missed the interview with Jimmy, so I didn't hear what BT was saying, but I heard him say the thing about having a problem with our supporters, that we don't show up... the fact is BT we're just as passionate as most other clubs, but there just aren't that many of us...

good story about BT... a few years ago on triple m he was talking about a player who was having a go at his teammates for not kicking it to him or something... can't remember exactly what he said, but it's not that important...

i've got a mate who played for Collingwood, in the 2's... was a good player, gave wayne schwass a bath in the 2's one day, but injuries never let him make it...

anyway he played a game with BT in the reserves... during the game he passed BT the ball, and hit him right on the chest... at the next break BT ragged on him, told him he didn't want it on his chest, he wanted it out in front of his eyes so the defender couldn't spoil it...

anyway, so when BT was bagging that player my friend called up Triple M, and told them the above story... The boys all loved it, were into BT about it... BT asked "who is this? Who are you?" my friend replied, "You didn't want to know my name back then, so why do you want to know it now?" owned him on radio, it was quality... and gives you a good insight into the type of person he is...

Yes, the guy has a chip on his shoulder, always has had, with a pretzel brain, what would you expect.

Don't know why, but maybe he's dirty we took on Jacko from the Tiges 2nds, instead of him from there 3rds.

Ps: I just change radio stations or TV channel the minute I here his screaching tone. :lol:

Listening to MMM or AW is footy broadcasting by torture. Uncouth loud-mouthed commentators who push their own barrows and how many ads can you fit into a 15 minute segment?

It basically boils down to the ABC or SEN atm.

My sentiments too Maxbob.

Listening to MMM or AW is footy broadcasting by torture. Uncouth loud-mouthed commentators who push their own barrows and how many ads can you fit into a 15 minute segment?

Agree.

SEN has taken a step up of late.

Agree. Except for KB on SEN.

Cant stand AW or MMM.

I thought it was partly typical Collingwood arrogance, but I don't hear him say the same about North supporters (for example).

I have to say, he did expand on it slightly though, not sure how you missed it cos it was part of the conversation - he said "the supporters don't turn out to support their team". He said something else to that affect but i can't remember. "They don't care" or something like that. I tuned out cos he was being typical moody BT.

The sad fact of the matter is...he is right! Apart from ``die hards`` like a lot of us on this forum, we don`t turn up to support our team. Yesterday was a perfect example. Looking across from the Olympic stand was just a sea of black n white. In fact apart from the members and behind the Punt Rd goals we were horribly outnumbered.

I listen to MMM whenever I am at the game as I cant pick up am radio, otherwise I`d listen to SEN. I have heard BT`s rants about our [censored] poor turnouts every time he calls one of our games. I don`t get offended by it because he is right. He does not bag our players and calls it as he sees it. Wonna is his favourite player in the comp other than his Lovechild Leon Davis. I don`t think he has a grudge against MFC at all, just our fair weathered fans which unfortunately, many are!

I think it goes back to the early 80's when he was third in line to the FF position at Richmond behind Roach and Jackson.

Jacko got the call from Mebourne and BT didn't. Jacko became a rock star and BT couldn't live up to it at Richmond, got traded to the unwashed and was turfed off their list the year before they won a flag.

In a nutshell, he's bitter!

He's part of the MMM footy calling team.

That should answer your question.

Correct. They're there to stir rumours, grudges and dig up garbage.

I on't give a rat's tossbag what BT thinks. ...............BTW. What is a rat's tossbag?

:lol:

Agree. Except for KB on SEN.

Cant stand AW or MMM.

AW's not so bad. If you can get used to Rex then it's a better offering than SEN. Listening to SEN can make it difficult to keep track of what's going on sometimes, especially when KB, Mark Doran, or Andy Maher are calling.

MMM is as bad as it gets.

ABC leads the pack.