Second Major Sponsor is...

Supreme_Demon

Guest hangon007
Excellent news! $5m/3years is a very good package which should help mitigate some of the damage done over the last few months.

It is paticularly gratifying that it adds up to more than the misson deal.

Special thanks to Andrew Mamonitis - 2009's best supporter.

3 Million Thank-yous Andrew ... you have made my year!

HERE WE COME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news!!

I am so excited about the direction this club is heading in under Prez Jimma..... I will be adding to the membership tally on Monday when I renew mine and also sign up my 10wk old son for his first of many memberships with our great club!

Some exciting years ahead for all of us.... The rough seas are behind us now.... A little bit of swell still on the horizon..... But once we get through that it will be plain sailing! :P

The IT person at my office tells me we've been using Kaspersky for a while and the results have been fantastic.

But how do you pronounce "Kaspersky"?

I'd say its pronounced "Kaspersky'.

Andrew is a member of this forum and Demonology... so he will read these messages...

He will be on the radio at 6.30 on Rex Hunt.

He is pretty excited about it all and now needs each of you to buy the great software.

Another sponsor to be announced next week.............................................

More Sponsors next week...cool, the more the merrier. This team of ours that bears the name of the Best city in the world will be feared again and hated by our opponents, in time they shall never laugh again.

I really don't understand finances, but this sounds bloody good. Three years of some economic safety. Three years to rebuild. And that a 'grass-roots' supporter got the deal going is just sensational

The skiing jokes aren't really going to fit when we expand our membership in the Casey demographic.I'm not sure what the right fit will be.

Maybe supporters who drive Range Rover Utes doing burnouts in the snow at Mt Buller maybe? It will be a peculiar mix, but a good one!

Excellent news! $5m/3years is a very good package which should help mitigate some of the damage done over the last few months

It is paticularly gratifying that it adds up to more than the misson deal.

Special thanks to Andrew Mamonitis - 2009's best supporter.

Still have to have a bit of a dig don`t ya hazy!

Deep down, we know you must be really hurting after todays announcement. Your credibility(what little you had) has been torn to shreds.

Currently, you are 2009`s worst poster!! I`m sure someone will take it off you at some stage though!

Would be nice if you can now take some of your ire of Jimmy and the board and put it towards hating the opposition and not your own!

Sorry, I know I claimed I would never read your posts after the rot you were throwing our way, but I just couldnt resist.

Guest melbman
This team of ours that bears the name of the Best city in the world will be feared again and hated by our opponents, in time they shall never laugh again.

I live for that moment. We came close in the late 80's. Back then a Collingwood boss told me how much he hated those Demons supporters (we were winners then). Never laugh again would be fine by me. I've copped my share and more over the years

Go DEES!!!

Wow Kaspersky Lab!

I use them for my comp, have done since I got a new machine late last year. Hunted around reading reviews and they always had a very high rating so I went with them, even though I'd never heard of them before and don't know of anyone who uses them.

However if our backline stops enough malicious footballs from getting through like KLab, we're set ;)

PS: It's a great program.

It is paticularly gratifying that it adds up to more than the misson deal...................

My understanding is that WBulldogs also missed out on their full 08 sponsor payment, because of financial difficulties.

By my reckoning, we are way ahead ($ wise) of them. :rolleyes::)

Wow Kaspersky Lab!

I use them for my comp, have done since I got a new machine late last year. Hunted around reading reviews and they always had a very high rating so I went with them, even though I'd never heard of them before and don't know of anyone who uses them.

However if our backline stops enough malicious footballs from getting through like KLab, we're set ;)

PS: It's a great program.

+1 for Kaspersky AV/Internet Security. Their detection engine has always been up there as one of the better ones. They've also been established for quite some time (over 10 years as per wikipedia) and I see it updating it's detection database on a very regular basis.

Very clever Dees - promoting both MelbFC and Kaspersky's defensive capabilities at the press conference. Perhaps Kaspersky could release a patch for the program that would change the colour scheme... red and blue perhaps?

....and Black and White when your system is infected :D

This is a great story.

Jimmy is on fire.

And HazyShade is right.

It wasn't before time, the place was falling down...

I mean, we haven't been close to winning one AFL match so far this year...

We are well into March with no premiership points to show for our troubles.

Things are looking good boys and girls...

Still have to have a bit of a dig don`t ya hazy!

Deep down, we know you must be really hurting after todays announcement. Your credibility(what little you had) has been torn to shreds.

Currently, you are 2009`s worst poster!! I`m sure someone will take it off you at some stage though!

Would be nice if you can now take some of your ire of Jimmy and the board and put it towards hating the opposition and not your own!

Sorry, I know I claimed I would never read your posts after the rot you were throwing our way, but I just couldnt resist.

Mate, I don't know how today's announcement undermines any of my credibilty, it hasn't changed any of the facts that I have pointed out previously.

If you think that it "hurts" me to hear that one of our supporters has engineered a deal that will help ensure our clubs survival then you are nuts. This is the "i'va" school of thought that suggests that well informed criticism can only be made by people who wish to see their club go bankrupt - I hope you can see just how ridiculous a proposition this is.

And credit is due to the management at Kaspersky and to Jim and the Melbourne administration also.

But, if you still insist that my criticism of the sponsorship situation over the last few months has somehow become unfounded or irrelevant because of this most recent good news, then try these on for size:

- If the same sponsorship delay happens in three years' time, we won't have a major sponsor until the after the start of the finals series.

- If we had signed up for the equivalent of the Bulldogs $1.5m/year as promptly as the Bulldogs did, we would be better off overall than we are under our current deal(s).

- After months and months of silence and financial losses on the sponsorship front, despite a chairman who works full-time and who boasts of his corporate connections, it took a lone supporter in Russia, working off his own bat, to put the major deal together.

I don't hate my club - I love it. I don't even hate the nongs that deny this - I pity them.

My understanding is that WBulldogs also missed out on their full 08 sponsor payment, because of financial difficulties.

By my reckoning, we are way ahead ($ wise) of them. :rolleyes::)

Actually, we are behind, but not by much.

edit: assuming you are talking about the relative value of the sponsorship deals, not the financial positions generally.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER

edit: assuming you are talking about the relative value of the sponsorship deals, not the financial positions generally.

your thoughts are interesting, i would like to subscribe to your magazine. :lol:

Wrong. $500,000 difference is not the equivalent of 1-2 months difference in announcements. I presume you are attempting to discount the amounts back to when the Bulldogs announced mission, but the maths does not add up. We did better, and did better by delaying. End of story.

He's talking of lost sponsorship revenue.

If you have had a $1.2 million/year sponsor and the deal finishes, you lose $100,000 of revenue for every month that you fail to get a replacement. You can never recover that revenue.

If you ultimately get a $1.8 million/year sponsor, you probably should have pushed the relevant buttons earlier. In the meantime you would have been getting revenue of $150,000 month extra if you'd got the sponsorship earlier.

The goal is to have the sponosrship transition as swift as possible (include a clause in the deal regarding renewal, which gives an adequate time prior to expiry to agree an extension, or the Club can negotiate with others).

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
He's talking of lost sponsorship revenue.

If you have had a $1.2 million/year sponsor and the deal finishes, you lose $100,000 of revenue for every month that you fail to get a replacement. You can never recover that revenue.

If you ultimately get a $1.8 million/year sponsor, you probably should have pushed the relevant buttons earlier. In the meantime you would have been getting revenue of $150,000 month extra if you'd got the sponsorship earlier.

The goal is to have the sponosrship transition as swift as possible (include a clause in the deal regarding renewal, which gives an adequate time prior to expiry to agree an extension, or the Club can negotiate with others).

we now whats hes talking casey, but we didnt have a transition, and hazy wont let go of it,even after todays great news he still persists with what weve lost.

Nothing to do with that silly cliché about Melbourne and skiing:

First Chelski.

Now Melski.

Ba-doom. Tish... ski.

I love this Russian connection. Let's hope that we will see the same on field success produced by Chelsea FC since being bought by the Russians. Maybe ' To Siberia' for us if we don't succeed in dominating the competition in a very short time. Russians can be a bit touchy about failure. On the logo, I like it. It definitely looks 21st Century. Bring on Season 2009!