The "Footy" Show

The Febes

Pathetic. The sooner they sack Newman the better. Billy Brownless should take his place and Crawford already does the silly crap Newman is known for. Newman has been on the Footy Show 10 years too long. Start talking Footy James and Garry or you will lose the viewers completely. I don't know why 7 can't make a footy show anything has to be better than the rubbish they served up last night.

Total crap. I used to be somewhat of a fan with Sam, but now with Crawf, they'er just like two naughty kids. The only good thing is Hutchy. Watch the NRL show and they show you a good range of info and fun. not some 60 yo pretending to have a w**k!! And bring back Trev!

Guest petjud

Anybody who lasted more than fifteen minutes was probably asleep on the couch with the TV on......in one succinct word which I will asterisk for forum rules W**K

They had all summer to organise a good footy orientated entertainment show - minus Trevor Marmalade, and they served up that tripe. On many occassions they filled in air time with wasteful banter amongst themselves - which only seemed to amuse themselves and not the viewers. 2/10 in my opinion. And that is being generous.

The 2 pts is for the segment "under the Pump!"

That's saying something.

"Deplorable" isn't harsh enough a word for what I saw last night in what sometimes masquerades as a programme about the sport and, at other times, is supposed to be entertainment. It was more like torture.

Shane Crawford set the tone with some senseless antics in his underwear and, incredibly, the show kept on going downhill from there.

I taped it on Foxtel IQ (ironic in itself because the programme must surely cater for those who have no IQ) with the highlight of my evening being the uplifting buzz I got from pressing the delete button.

They had all summer to organise a good footy orientated entertainment show - minus Trevor Marmalade, and they served up that tripe. On many occassions they filled in air time with wasteful banter amongst themselves - which only seemed to amuse themselves and not the viewers. 2/10 in my opinion. And that is being generous.

The 2 pts is for the segment "under the Pump!"

boring.... will definately miss Trevor marmalde. Shane Crawford is not funny !!!!

The footy show gets a wide range of watches weather there not into AFL or not thats wat makes it so good, it is funny but it longer delivers enough footy info.

But early in the season there isnt much to talk about really my prediction is the bulk of the past coments are people over 30. I assume this because most of my older relatives have simlair coments to thoose above.

Pretty ordinary! It should pick up when the season starts though when they have more to talk about.

Happy Trevor is gone! The only funny thing about him is his looks.

Crawford is the master. Got too love him! He kills it.

Nothing to talk about?

There'd be a lot of people wanting to know whats going on at their clubs - the practice matches get minimal exposure and people lose track of how the preseason was going.

Inside football (even if it is a bit of a rag still finds something to fill it's pages, like interviews with past greats - surely they would go better on television anyway.

Nope, Footy show is lazy television now - it would be so easy to have a good footy show, but no, too much trouble for thos egos -what if they tried and failed!?

This is my veiw of the footy show

PRO Pisser always good for a laugh, with hutchy it get s the main footy news some dont here about. Most of the show isnt about football wich attracts outside footy viewers.

Pathetic. The sooner they sack Newman the better. Billy Brownless should take his place and Crawford already does the silly crap Newman is known for. Newman has been on the Footy Show 10 years too long. Start talking Footy James and Garry or you will lose the viewers completely. I don't know why 7 can't make a footy show anything has to be better than the rubbish they served up last night.

Rex Hunt's footy panel was always a must watch on Sunday morning. 7 should bring it back.

And bring back Trev!

The GFC is starting to hit hard here in Australia, and channel 9 is definately not immune. The NRL footy show got rid of Chief (noooo) and Laurie and Trevor got the arse down here. Newman's pay packet is unbelievable (especially for the tripe he serves up), and Trev was reportedly on $600K a year for saying 2 or 3 things a show. I could do both their jobs for half the price :lol: , either way TFS (AFL) is farked. And i agree, the nrl version is much better (not as good as it used to be though)

The two big differences between 'Before the Game' and The Footy Show are -

1) Before the Game is interesting

2) Before the Game is funny

TFS is an ego driven celebration of the lowest common denominator

I make the same mistake a couple of times a year of turning it on. I last about ten minutes. It makes me want to puke.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
The two big differences between 'Before the Game' and The Footy Show are -

1) Before the Game is interesting

2) Before the Game is funny

TFS is an ego driven celebration of the lowest common denominator

I make the same mistake a couple of times a year of turning it on. I last about ten minutes. It makes me want to puke.

agreed, i havnt watched that crap since 2005.

agreed, i havnt watched that crap since 2005.

Why is everyone so surprised? I haven't watched the footy show for at least 5 years. Why would anyone waste their time? A bunch of self-important ego-maniacal, unintelligent [censored] bags. They still think they're big!!!

Nothing worse than watching dead-[censored] sportspeople trying to use big words complely out of context. It makes me ill.

I used to be a fan, but last nights show was just crap.

And do they think kicking off the first show with Crawford taking off Tom Cruise from Risky Business is funny??????

That was pathetic! We have to sit through that kind of rubbish each year for the Grand Final show, and now they launch the season with it!

I actually liked Trev........sure some of his jokes were lame, but he came up with a few good ones here and there, and he was funnier than meatheads like Crawford, and Fevola attempting to be funny.

Don't think I'll waste anymore time tuning in this year!

i must admit im a big die hard footy show fan but last night it hit a new low.. i was very disappointed indeed! they should have got rid of newman instead of trevor.. him trying to [censored] off while pretending to smoke a joint was downright not funny..

the NRL show came on after TFS had finish and one thing i liked about it was that it started and got straight into rugby talk! no funny entries dancing around half nude just straight into it.. and it was great! im a big rugby fan aswell (go storms) and all they did was simple! just talk rugby and more rugby.. wheres the footy show u will have 5 minutes of whats goin on in the AFL and thats where hutchy comes in.. other then that its all rubbish!

"Deplorable" isn't harsh enough a word for what I saw last night in what sometimes masquerades as a programme about the sport and, at other times, is supposed to be entertainment. It was more like torture.

Shane Crawford set the tone with some senseless antics in his underwear and, incredibly, the show kept on going downhill from there.

I taped it on Foxtel IQ (ironic in itself because the programme must surely cater for those who have no IQ) with the highlight of my evening being the uplifting buzz I got from pressing the delete button.

Can't wait for the real footy to start & Marngrook (SBS) is a pleasent low key change.

i must admit im a big die hard footy show fan but last night it hit a new low.. i was very disappointed indeed! they should have got rid of newman instead of trevor.. him trying to [censored] off while pretending to smoke a joint was downright not funny..

the NRL show came on after TFS had finish and one thing i liked about it was that it started and got straight into rugby talk! no funny entries dancing around half nude just straight into it.. and it was great! im a big rugby fan aswell (go storms) and all they did was simple! just talk rugby and more rugby.. wheres the footy show u will have 5 minutes of whats goin on in the AFL and thats where hutchy comes in.. other then that its all rubbish!

Yeah but that has only just come about......

The NRL Footy Show has been appalling for years. It has been hitting a pretty consistent low for many years, when on average out of a two hour idiot-a-thon only about ten minutes was dedicated to actual league. There has been very serious talks at Channel 9 about cancellation with the ratings taking a massive hit over the last five years or so.

In contrast the AFL alternative was vastly superior, it actually talked about the sport it is meant to talk about, with Newman being the only idiot (up here we had four or more with no footballers present), but that seems to have changed. The NRL show was excellent on Thursday night, it has improved massively and that surprised me unbelievably.

I am glad I actually watched it and only did to hear about the ongoing Brett Stewart saga and was extremely pleasantly surprised. But this had to happen, it had to start taking the sport a little more seriously instead of constantly dressing in drag, or it was going to be given the boot. But it is a shame that the AFL show is falling down the same way now.

The new set is awful but not as bad as the 'Risky Business' opening (brought back bad memories of the GF show last year) to then have Garry, JB and Sam driivel on for 15 minutes about their contracts and 'who talk all the money at 9'. I thought that was disrespectful to Trev, and anyone else who was been given the sack from channel 9 of late.

Went to bed after Hutchy's section which was ok but nothing that couldn't wait until the papers the next day.

Before the game > The footy show