• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

My 3 word player analysis V The Torks

joeboy

Out of 10

Bartram - 6

Bate - 9

Bell - 3

Bruce - 6.5

Buckley - 7

Davey - 7.5

Frawley - 3

Garland - 8

Green - 8.5

Holland - 6

Jamar - 5.5

Johnson - 6

Jones - 7.5

McDonald - 6

McLean - 9

Miller - 6

Moloney - 8

Morton - 2

Robertson - 6.5

Warnock - 7

Valenti - 6

Wonaeamirri - 9

Flame away!

What I found pleasing with Miller, was despite not continuing his good form early in the game he didn't appear (from watching on TV) to be as much of a liability that he may have been in the past. That sounds harsh, but there is clearly an overall improvement to his game.

That contested mark he took was a ripper too.

millers game was interesting because i believe he could have been the difference between the sides. how many goals did he kick? franklin (who i realise is current the best forward in the comp) had an average day and bagged three, and hurt us from outside 50.

miller didnt do anything wrong, but i think if he had of bobbed up for a goal or two at some point in the game we probably would of won. it is very hard to win when your CHF doesnt kick goals, especially given one of the main reasons i believe we lost this game was because we didnt put enough scoreboard pressure on when we were dominating.

he has shown he can play. for me the most important thing is trying to teach him to kick it long, so that he can directly contribute to the scoreboard.

While Valenti didn't get much of it, I thought some of his defensive/hard acts in the second half were really good - looked like a guy putting in 100% in that respect.

Agreed. He still picked up 12 disposals and was very good in close. Blocked for team mates and his defensive stuff was good.

The boy's a ball magnet so watch this space.

I must admit that I have been reluctant to comment on here lately as it has been hard to say anything at all this year that's been positive and it's hardly useful to carp on about how crap we have been. Having said that, there was an awful lot to like about yesterday's game, particularly the contribution of our young guys that has already been said. I do want to say that I am continually frustrated by "our next captain" Brock Mclean. he is obviously a very good footballer and is getting a lot of the ball and starting to do something with it most of the time. I can only watch on tv as I live interstate and maybe I'm missing something but to my mind he still has a long way to go, particularly on his defensive skills. It was a bit hard to be sure on tv but it looked like he was on Brad Sewell in the last quarter, certainly in the centre square at a time when the game was there to be won and Sewell did his best to win it for Hawthorn. To my mind, McLean just failed to sense the danger enough to try and shut him down even after his man cleared the ball out of the centre on 2 or 3 occassions. The other complaint I have is the silly free kicks he keeps giving away at crucial times. I don't want to just bag him, as I say, he is a very good footballer and does look like he has the capacity to be a great player for us for many years, my point is simply that he isn't there yet.

Bartram - too many clangers

Bell - loose and careless

Bruce - brave and effective

Miller - merely started well

Can't say I agree with your comments on Bruce or Miller. Bruce was not effective at all, and Miller presented all day. You're right about Bartram, but he runs all day, and is a decent tagger. Bell was our worst player yesterday, and probably makes way for Whelan or Sylvia when they're fit.

Bartram will get back to his best once his confidence is restored after coming back from injury.

Don't forget how in 2006 he tagged the top players from each club and did it brilliantly.

Give him a bit more time, we won't be disappointed.

Moose

IMO the Miller/Bate playing accross half forward together is working great, both present hard and we are starting to use them. Moloney hard great but needs to get smarter with his disposals. Bell was good except for that shot on goal.

Disagree with Bruce re: effective. Yes, his disposal efficiency was above 80%, but a lot of those effective disposals put his teammates under un-due pressure. Dont let the stats sheet fool you. Watch the replay, it tells a different story.

Only got to watch this today..( as previously mentioned unfotunately lesser happy things to do yesterday). Doggo Im with you. A practised eye will show up Bruce as one of the disguised Clanger kings of this club. For all his good..he delivers twice as much "woeful" going into the trenches Id want him on the OTHER side !! its just a viewpoint !!

As much as it pains me Miller is changing his game. For one he's kicking it.. This really is taking some getting used to. Brad..keep it up mate.. Just be a little more consistent..and thoughtful where you do indeed kick it to..but its a vast improvement.

The old McLean is re-emerging..tgft !! Beamer.. posibbly too one dimensional.

Bartram :unsure:

Dutchy..love the guy..if more of us could play with his endeavour and comiitement. Hes not the sharpest tool in the war chest but he plays hard, he gives 110% of what he has. I like this guy..more should be the same player wise

Morton.. feed him.. stick him in the gym. good value

Aussie...ya not letting my initial thinking of you down !! go go go !! Small point.. sometimes it IS better to kick forwards...lol.

need to rewatch the game again

Bartram - poor but young

Bate - could be star

Bell - where'd you go?

Bruce - good and bad

Buckley - shows some dash

Davey - very good performance

Frawley - barely touched it

Garland - what the [censored]

Green - played captains game

Holland - did quite well

Jamar - dropped easy marks

Johnson - very quiet game

Jones - future MFC star

McDonald - rioli got lucky

McLean - ****ing brilliant player

Miller - a reasonable game

Moloney - will keep improving

Morton - a bit raw

Robertson - did his bit

Warnock - better than usual

Valenti - next brock mclean

Wonaeamirri - love his celebrations

is that like wat [censored] is he doing out there playing? or wat the [censored]?! he killed buddy!

Moloney's turnovers were crucial.

he is getting better but he kicks long either to a contest or to the opposition.

He is not a smart footballer as it seems the ball goes exactly where he wants it to.

He has a problem in always kicking 50 metres.

Maybe he doesnt trust himself to kick short.

Or maybe he doesnt look for a 30 metre option. He needs to Drop his eyes.

One wonders if the opposition are happy to let him possess the ball.

I dont think Bate has played a better game. he made every possible contest.

Bruce - Worst on ground

I do like Bruce but his decision making yesterday was awful I don't know how many times he chose the wrong option putting his team mate under pressure but it must of been a lot and his kicking was as poor as it has been all year, his form over the last month or so proves that he should not be captain.

Bartram - Belted by Bateman.

Like Bell he has been disappointing all year, disposal poor as usual.

Frawley - Belted by everyone

Fevola, Bradshaw, Burton and Williams have all killed him he needs to spend some time at Sandy.

Miller - Doesn't do enough

Everybody else I was pretty happy with especially with Green he was really hard at it unlike some games where he tries to get cheap disposals.

Bate is a gun.

McLean is a very good player who would be a gun if he had some support.

If Davey can get a good pre season behind him he will become a star.

Garland and Buckley are very promising and Aussie is going to be a very good player for a long time.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned that in the 2nd half we were killed in the rucks in the centre of the ground. Hence the quick movement by Sewell etc out of the middle.I was disappointed in Jamar's 2nd half. If White had played I believe we would have won

Bruce - Worst on ground

I do like Bruce but his decision making yesterday was awful I don't know how many times he chose the wrong option putting his team mate under pressure but it must of been a lot and his kicking was as poor as it has been all year, his form over the last month or so proves that he should not be captain.

Bartram - Belted by Bateman.

Like Bell he has been disappointing all year, disposal poor as usual.

Frawley - Belted by everyone

Fevola, Bradshaw, Burton and Williams have all killed him he needs to spend some time at Sandy.

Miller - Doesn't do enough

Everybody else I was pretty happy with especially with Green he was really hard at it unlike some games where he tries to get cheap disposals.

Bate is a gun.

McLean is a very good player who would be a gun if he had some support.

If Davey can get a good pre season behind him he will become a star.

Garland and Buckley are very promising and Aussie is going to be a very good player for a long time.

I still maintain we would've won if we had more legs at the end of quarters.

Before anyone gets on going "dont blame this rah rah," i'm not blaming anyone.

End of the second quarter we were owned in the last 5 minutes and lucky the Hawks didn't kick a few extra. Last 5 of the 3rd they kicked 4 in a row (after we could've kicked two but didn't). And the last 10 of the last they kicked 3 and could've had a few more.

I think this points to two main things, that our young side couldn't keep the running going (dur) but more importantly, i think it shows the absolute tenacity that we played with, and that they did Neitz proud in leaving everything out on the ground. At half i called my mate telling him i was very proud but thought they'd run over us, we played so well in the third, few lat goals hurt us and i thought theyd run away again, but again we stood firm and brought it back.

In a few years, when Bailey gets the boys playing with that intencity everyweek (hopefully) their bodies will be more used to it and we'll ruin sides

Pj actually got three votes for WOG, with Croad and Young getting the 2 and 1 respectively...

I thought that was harsh, but there were very few players on the day that performed badly. Was a good all-round match.

I would've given WOG to Frawley before Johnson

Poor kid got killed by the umpires. Bloody Mark Williams is the biggest diver since Matthew Lloyd.

He took a beauty right in front of us in the last quarter. Cheating toolbag! :angry:

Frawley does have to be a little more accountable. Offensively he can be quite good, but so was Daniel Ward... <_<

It's good to see that Green is getting a bit of respect of late - I've always felt he should be our next captain and his work in the backline on the weekend was further proof he is a no softy (as some have said..)

Same goes for Garland who was knocked by just about every poster on Demonland after round 1.

As for Bartram he wasn't THAT bad on Sunday - obviously Chance killed him, but who wouldn't have been killed by Chance on Sunday? Maybe Valenti should have been given the job? Or Bruce??

Bruce's best game this year was tagging Johnson at Kardinia Park so I think he should stick to it while he learns how to handball etc..

One bloke who has really improved his disposal is Miller. His handballs from marks were actually top notch- Bailey has taught him to handball!! Thank Christ for that! I was shocked to see Miller's confident, quick linkage play on sunday.. Now DB's next priority has to be Bruce's disposal problems..

I would've given WOG to Frawley before Johnson

It was out of Bell or Bartram for mine. Jamar only just manages to avoid wrath because he improved his possession count by some 700%.

Bateman (who Bartram seemed to be playing on) shredded us yet again and Bartram's kicking was pretty ordinary.

Bell with some glaring disposal errors and for not making a contest when it looked like he should have. You're a big boy Danny. You should under no circumstances get out-muscled by Mark Williams.

Better luck next week lads.