McLean - fantastic four quarters

Miller - merely started well

Moloney - continuing fine season

Morton - calm under pressure

Robertson - terrific until injured

Warnock - may have arrived

Valenti - little to enthuse

Wonaeamirri - exciting and talented

Bit rough on Miller. I know most of you hate the guy, but he provided a target and ran hard all game. He even tackled well and put his body in at every contest.

Frawley- Raped by umpires!

Bit rough on Miller. I know most of you hate the guy, but he provided a target and ran hard all game. He even tackled well and put his body in at every contest.

Agree. Miller has come a long way this year. He is actually playing like a footballer and physically having a big influence on our side. He did well today.

Don't agree with the Miller assessment either - presented well and is getting more confident.

Warnock - Yes has finally adjusted to the tempo of the game and has certainly 'arrived'. Is always backing up other defenders. Does lots of shepherding and punching - going well.

Moose

Disagree with assessment of Moloney, he's slow and a depth player at best.

Bell should be moved on ASAP.

Bartram is a liability.

I hope we can get a decent pick for Bruce at years end, frustrates the crap out of me.

Besides those complaints, I really thought todays game was a brilliant effort. Backline was awesome except Bell. Woenemirri's a champ. I can't see how people think Jones had such a good game, he was thrashed by his direct opponent. Two gimme goals didn't cloud my judgement of his game. McLean's game was great and Davey's sublime until that brain fade tackle in front of goal. Much to like about the effort all round.

Bartram - still catching up

Bate - dynamic and effective

Bell - continues to regress

Bruce - another insipid performance

Buckley - coming of age

Davey - has recaptured brilliance

Frawley - was barely sighted

Garland - eye opening performance

Green - slick and skillul

Holland - rose to occassion

Jamar - better without White

Johnson - some fine moments

Jones - a true hardman

McDonald - given stupid task

McLean - best since 2006

Miller - back to usual

Moloney - his resurrection continues

Morton - going along nicely

Robertson - wouldve booted 7

Warnock - a surprise packet

Valenti - did very little

Wonaeamirri - magnificent to watch

Disagree with Bruce re: effective. Yes, his disposal efficiency was above 80%, but a lot of those effective disposals put his teammates under un-due pressure. Dont let the stats sheet fool you. Watch the replay, it tells a different story.

Moloney was tough and really punished a few Dorks with some strong hip and shoulders - really ruffled a few feathers early.

He was really hard and tough in close today. I saw in the stats after the game that he'd laid a career-high 9 tackles, and was not surprised at all by this. His hard work and intensity in close as always, were really good. He's got a big body, and he knows how to use it well to create space for teamates at stoppages, and is strong over the footy. However, his use of the ball again wasn't great, and he is so often caught out for pace when in space.

I still have huge faith that Beamer will improve and continue to improve over the rest of the season, and years to come. This year is the first time he's been able to get some continuity into his game for a long time, and with that, his fitness, and confidence in his own skills, will rise. He's still fairly young, and with more confidence/fitness, we will again see him become a very damging player by foot. His physicality and "in-your-face" aggression is something we need more of on the list, and this, combined with the confidence in skills he'll gain from further gametime continuity, mean Moloney still has a good upside with improvement ahead of him. For all his physical limitations and flaws, he does bring some attributes that are not in abundance at MFC, and bleeds for the club. The issue is with other similar young players like McLean, Jones, Valenti etc, spots may not be in abundance come years end.

He's good enough to play 150+ games, if he can keep his body right and keep working his butt off, he'll go a long way to getting there.

DB's ploy of putting him on a good player and being led to the ball is good way for him to refind some of that confidence and form, simplify his game and add that much needed defensive aspect to his game. Sam Mithcell was the perfect player for him to play on, as he's the perfect example of what Brent should be striving towards as a player.

He's responded well so far, and has the rest of the season at least to repay some of my faith. He's just going ok atm IMO, but good luck to him.

Bruce did some really bad handballs to guys under pressure today. He seems to be lacking the confidence to kick the bloody thing!!! He really was the weak link today IMO. Moloney was real tough + his disposal was pretty good.. We'd be in trouble without him on the field I reckon

People who claim Cameron Bruce is a good kcik........

How do you explain him kicking into the man on the mark....

Getting some ball but kicking is a big let down....

Play Miller CHF for a full season...

Bate is a gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would still like clarification re: Bell.

To be honest I thought he had a bit of a 'mare. A couple of very ordinary disposals and a propensity to fall over or otherwise err at the crucial moment. He's probably copped a bit so far this season that hasn't been warranted, but today wasn't his most glorious hour.

Also thought Bartram was pretty poor and could use a little time at Sandy. Had a solid game last week on McLeod but he just seems to be lacking sharpness. Plenty of upside for him though.

Chook was sensational and its these sorts of performances that make people talk about him as the next el capitano of this club. He is fast becoming the barometer for us in my eyes.

Thought Bate was brilliant as well. All action, dynamic and nearly faultless performance at half-forward. His shorter kicking seems to have improved dramatically.

I thought it was a pretty good performance from most of the guys today. Holland should be happy with his game, and I thought Davey continued to show form. For those who label Green soft, watch the replay a few times - there were a few courageous marks/spoils in defence that are typical of his game.

I didn't see much of Miller as the game went on, and barely knew Frawley was there. Morton and McDonald didn't have their best games. While Valenti didn't get much of it, I thought some of his defensive/hard acts in the second half were really good - looked like a guy putting in 100% in that respect.

Someone on one of the boards labelled Batram as a younger Godfrey, and his disposal has been pretty scrubby of late. I thought most of the young kids - and there were a heap - did well. It's good to see Warnock getting some praise, as I think he's been pretty steady this season.

PS. I thought Moloney was alright.

on miller...ran hard???so take up marathons...try getting the ball, look stop basing his preformances on what he does and look at him compared to any other chf and tell me he does his job... i would trade him for anyother chf in the league. although he did take a great grab.. but if you watch the footage holland went for a mark and split the pack nocked over 4 hawks and we scored from the crumbs...and he is old slow and injured.

bruce was very fumbley today look like he was nervous or injured.. didnt stop him trying or actually getting the ball just not up to his standards..

I thought the backline whilst let down in a few instances really functioned well(agree with raping by umpires) if any tackles where paid these guys wouldnt have dropped there heads late in the game.. they have to be rewarded for a hard tackle..

forward line with robbo and holland worked before injuries...

Aussie = good thinker.. and instinctive total just what this club needs..

and molony is a grunt man and good at it.. you need ya grunts.. stops the team from becoming [censored]..

Same as joneys but he is classier by far still they where pretty damn good

Junior saved his best until the second half when he let rip

Actually liked the coaches thinking throughout most of the game..

The injuries cost us in the forward line and the umpires gave us a cactus..

great game to watch though.

I thought it was a pretty good performance from most of the guys today. Holland should be happy with his game, and I thought Davey continued to show form. For those who label Green soft, watch the replay a few times - there were a few courageous marks/spoils in defence that are typical of his game.

I would have been such a person at the start of the year. He has really impressed me with his attack on the footy at times this year and some of his marks have been wonderful. It still irks me that he seems to select moments to throw himself at it, and then at other times will avoid doing so. But he has been brilliant for the most part in 2008 and was very good again today.

Bartram - is getting better

Bate - a great game

Bell - is a joke

Bruce - good, solid game

Buckley - his best yet

Davey - best on ground

Frawley - is learning still

Garland - I was shocked

Green - next mfc captain (for a season)

Holland - a good debut

Jamar - excellent tap work

Johnson - not really sighted

Jones - showed his toughness

McDonald - tough defensive job

McLean - starting to lift

Miller - ran all day

Moloney - finding his form

Morton - quite but good

Robertson - was playing well

Warnock - loving the man

Valenti - one percenters machine!!

Wonaeamirri - more than goal-sneak

Bartram - poor but young

Bate - could be star

Bell - where'd you go?

Bruce - good and bad

Buckley - shows some dash

Davey - very good performance

Frawley - barely touched it

Garland - what the [censored]

Green - played captains game

Holland - did quite well

Jamar - dropped easy marks

Johnson - very quiet game

Jones - future MFC star

McDonald - rioli got lucky

McLean - ****ing brilliant player

Miller - a reasonable game

Moloney - will keep improving

Morton - a bit raw

Robertson - did his bit

Warnock - better than usual

Valenti - next brock mclean

Wonaeamirri - love his celebrations

I know we lost the game but I took alot out of it. The performances of Buckley, Morton, Wona, Valenti, Warnock and Garland were all very pleasing, even Miller did well early. I know I judged him hard in another thread but we need to now look at him differently, we know what he's capable of so we just be demanding that of him every week.

Of the negatives two stood out, Bartram and Frawley. Bartram is a worry, he seems to be another version of Godfrey, while Frawley isn't quite a Key defender but isn't a rebounding mid size either. They both have time on their side so hopefully Bailey will give them both plenty of time to develop.

I know we lost the game but I took alot out of it. The performances of Buckley, Morton, Wona, Valenti, Warnock and Garland were all very pleasing, even Miller did well early.

What I found pleasing with Miller, was despite not continuing his good form early in the game he didn't appear (from watching on TV) to be as much of a liability that he may have been in the past. That sounds harsh, but there is clearly an overall improvement to his game.

That contested mark he took was a ripper too.

Jones actually cost us yesterday!!! He has kicked a goal in 14 matches, but we have only won 3 of those!! Our record is 3-11 when he kicks a goal, and 1-3 when he kicks multiple goals. Jonesy, now really!

I liked that Moloney is now definately laying tackles instead of his habit (back in the pre-injury era) of just laying bumps and letting people get away as a consequence. I think he's doing alright coming back from such a long-term disruption.

Green, once again, was among our best players. I don't think he's been our BOG yet this year, maybe against Carlton, but he is creeping towards a Best & Fairest because he is up there contributing every game.

Mclean is starting to consistently have a huge impact, great to see.

Melbourne recent history has an odd pattern of one relatively short term captain followed by a long term one (Flower 7, Healy 3, Lyon 7, Viney 2, Neitz 9). I think Green/Mclean might just be the next chapter in that.

We were effectively playing with 17 players when Morton was on the ground. Poor game I thought.

Disagree about Valenti. I thought he showed a heap of good signs. Uses that little nugget body so well.

Although beaten, I thought it was Bartram's best game of the year. Didn't realise he had such a motor. A couple of clangers but nowhere near as many as in previous weeks. He's coming good hopefully.