Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

How could Neeld have thought we were travelling well during the pre-season? Can someone answer me that? I saw nothing to get excited about whatsoever save for a couple of Hulk Hogan marks and goals. That was it. We got beaten by every side we played, exposed in the midfield and led a merry dance for periods of quarters in defence.

Neeld is delusional and now just another not-to-be-believed spin-king. I have no faith in him.

• Like 9

On recent history, you will be "done with them" after the Essendon game this week ?? At your age maybe you are planning on being drafted by some AFL Club and showing the Melbourne boys how to play the game ?? But don't give up as easily as you are prepared to give up your support for the Dees , will you ?? Maybe that's what's wrong with some of our current crop of players. They "give up" too easily.. The Cub doesn't need that type of individual.

Yep I'm done with them if that is the sort of effort they will put out every week. Also where did you get that drafting bs from?? You know what, Brock McLean, Jared Rivers and Brent Moloney gave up on the Dees and they're flying right now. 12 years of membership and I'm allowed to review my support for the Dees, much like some of the obnoxious people on here are reviewing the coaching situation. My age has nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

If i hear the phrases, we just meed to be mre competitive, or stay in the game longer, or we want to see some improvement ill puke.

How about, " we will try are absolute hardest and give 110% to win games of football"

• Like 2

Point being they are still melbourne supporters, unfortunately they cant drive so they have to put up with it like the rest of us. It builds good character.

A LOT of them switch teams around 10-11. It's almost a hipster thing now to support Melbourne. I'm not sure if it builds good character to the younger ones when 50 year old supporters are yelling 'That's ****ing ball ump'

• Like 1

A LOT of them switch teams around 10-11. It's almost a hipster thing now to support Melbourne. I'm not sure if it builds good character to the younger ones when 50 year old supporters are yelling 'That's ****ing ball ump'

Go play your Playstation mate, the last thing we need is a 16 year old who telling us we suck, he's a hint we already knew that son

• Like 1

Agree with that Range Rover. We were well below average in the preseason.

For mine Neeld's time line of achievements looks a little like this...

Act 1- Subvert the natural order of a footy club. Make two sub 50 game unproven players captain, strip and shame the older players. Neeld hasn't read King Lear. Bye-bye Green, Rivers, Davey, Moloney*.

Act 2 - Alienate the indigenous talent which comes out through the Mifsud affair. Bye bye Wona (walks out), Jurrah (walks out), Davey (would've gone but stuck in a contract), Kelvin Lawrence (walks out).

Act 3 - The silly "not on your life" press conference after round 1 smashing v Bris 2012. Obviously has no idea what went/is wrong. Talks using 'they' instead of 'we'. Obviously not building good trust. Malthouse even starts distancing himself from Neeld.

Act 4 - Unsuccessfully tries to implement the Collingwood boundary line game plan which simply doesn't work and we get slaughtered for a few weeks.

Act 5- Eventually get first win when Essendon miss easy shots on goal and we just pip them. This is Neelds only win (GWS GCFC aside). Somehow it gave him the rest of the season to hack away.

Act 6 - We are terrible all season until it finally ends.

Act 7 - Player exodus. Even life long dees like Moloney have had enough of the culture.

Act 8 - Drafts VFL spuds and mature age players. Hello Rodan, Byrnes, Dawes, Pederson etc.

Act 9 - Throws his hands in the air after Round 1 loss to Port.

Prediction

Act 10 - Loses to GWS and gets sacked along with Schwab.

Gee I would have loved it if we had have continued with Bails for 1 more up and down season then got Malthouse.

*oh they are the same guys who stood up against Schwab before 186. Knifed!!

• Like 5

Agree with that Range Rover. We were well below average in the preseason.

For mine Neeld's time line of achievements looks a little like this...

Act 1- Subvert the natural order of a footy club. Make two sub 50 game unproven players captain, strip and shame the older players. Neeld hasn't read King Lear. Bye-bye Green, Rivers, Davey, Moloney*.

Act 2 - Alienate the indigenous talent which comes out through the Mifsud affair. Bye bye Wona (walks out), Jurrah (walks out), Davey (would've gone but stuck in a contract), Kelvin Lawrence (walks out).

Act 3 - The silly "not on your life" press conference after round 1 smashing v Bris 2012. Obviously has no idea what went/is wrong. Talks using 'they' instead of 'we'. Obviously not building good trust. Malthouse even starts distancing himself from Neeld.

Act 4 - Unsuccessfully tries to implement the Collingwood boundary line game plan which simply doesn't work and we get slaughtered for a few weeks.

Act 5- Eventually get first win when Essendon miss easy shots on goal and we just pip them. This is Neelds only win (GWS GCFC aside). Somehow it gave him the rest of the season to hack away.

Act 6 - We are terrible all season until it finally ends.

Act 7 - Player exodus. Even life long dees like Moloney have had enough of the culture.

Act 8 - Drafts VFL spuds and mature age players. Hello Rodan, Byrnes, Dawes, Pederson etc.

Act 9 - Throws his hands in the air after Round 1 loss to Port.

Prediction

Act 10 - Loses to GWS and gets sacked along with Schwab.

Gee I would have loved it if we had have continued with Bails for 1 more up and down season then got Malthouse.

*oh they are the same guys who stood up against Schwab before 186. Knifed!!

Remove act 2 and you sound on the money

Go play your Playstation mate, the last thing we need is a 16 year old who telling us we suck, he's a hint we already knew that son

an 18 yo , our best player on the day addressedthe players post match. Why the hell haven't we a leader?

How could Neeld have thought we were travelling well during the pre-season? Can someone answer me that? I saw nothing to get excited about whatsoever save for a couple of Hulk Hogan marks and goals. That was it. We got beaten by every side we played, exposed in the midfield and led a merry dance for periods of quarters in defence.

Neeld is delusional and now just another not-to-be-believed spin-king. I have no faith in him.

I kept saying this over the last month and got branded for being pessamistic and told they are only practise matches they don't count.

Well now it seems they did matter.

• Like 4

Was very clear 12 months ago with you Mr RR? Melbourne were suckered in to taking Neeld . Processed was rushed. Would of been better off appointing a caretaker than this guy. We are now a laughing stock. Lost 3-4 good solid players for 6hacks. Neeld should be sacked .

I knew I would be discriminated for my age. But I said it anyway. You know the average age for videogamers is 37 right??

Edited by REVILOLI

How recently did you change your 'signature' from 'I Believe in Neeld' RR?

You seem to turn pretty quickly mate. It's one game, relax.

• Like 1

No it isn't it is now no.23 plus NAB games

19 have been absolute crap

• Like 2

Almost a hipster thing! Groovy. I was just thinking how right on daddyo I was as I waited for a train at the end of the third quarter.

You could even be right.

Bailey = poor coach

Neeld = poor coach

We should have moved Bailey on early. We didn't and Neeld inherited a poorly developed list devoid of any real talent and experience.

Trouble is, Neeld could be as bad as Bailey (albeit in a completely different way)

Our current crop of players can't think for themselves.

The team has no confidence.

Has no dash and daring.

Has very little teamwork.

We don't run to position.

We don't shepherd.

We don't back each other up.

We play from behind.

We're constantly 2nd to the ball.

Our disposal skills are woeful.

We hang our heads too much.

We don't use the corridor anywhere near enough.

We play an outdated game style.

We don't talk out on the ground.

The players don't care enough when we lose.

Our players are lazy.

We don't man up.

We give up too easily.

We don't chase or tackle with any intent.

Our forwards get caught from behind too much.

Our clearance work and system out of the middle is virtually non existent.

We don't know how to win.

We're generally soft and have been since the start of the 2008 season.

Like it or not, all the above areas are in the coaches domain.

What an absolute shambles.

Good call Macca.

right up until last week I was supporting Neeld's efforts (even told him so in person), quietly optimistic of some improvement this year, and certain thathe must be given plenty of time. However, the ineptitude of Sunday was of such magnitude it leads me to conclude that the bloke has no idea what he is doing.

• Like 2

right up until last week I was supporting Neeld's efforts (even told him so in person), quietly optimistic of some improvement this year, and certain thathe must be given plenty of time. However, the ineptitude of Sunday was of such magnitude it leads me to conclude that the bloke has no idea what he is doing.

I think a lot of people are in this boat - myself included. We all wanted to think that Neeld was cleaning up Bailey's mistakes and making a more accountable group that when put under pressure wouldn't leak 90+ point losses. How long have we all wanted the team to be competitive and if they do lose, lose like Sydney or Hawthorn and fight to the end. Unfortunately, it seems like neither Bailey with his attack at all costs game plan and Neeld with the around the boundary at all costs game plan have a plan that actually works with our list. I posed this in one of the other threads but is is stubbornness to continue with a game plan that the players don't have the skills to execute or is it plain stupidity? I'd say a bit of both. But as mentioned above, when Melbourne get beaten by GWS and $cully on our home turf on Round 4 - Neeld should fall on his sword, and if he won't - push him.

• Like 2

I was for getting rid of Bailey............the team was unaccountable, and only ran one way under him............but not all of it was broken.

How have we gone from this to what was dished up on Sunday?

http://youtu.be/07pwfLAzttQ

Surely we could have a gameplan that tightened up our defensive work, while still maintaining an attacking mindset, similar to the way Geelong play.

The Collingwood rip off Neeld is trying get our team to play is outdated, and does not suit the players we have.

He better change his approach, or a change of coach is inevitable this year.

Edited by Real Demon
  • Like 2

Sack the coach, don't sack the coach, replace the CEO, replace the list, fire darts into the players' behinds, it doesn't matter.

If things don't change drastically and quickly, this club will not survive. We are not financially or culturally sustainable, and we will evaporate into thin air if we continue to carry on like the spineless, loser, hopeless organisation that we've become.

And neither Neeld, nor many of our players seem to give two sh*ts about the fact that 30,000 odd people who love this club desperately, are going to lose an important part of their life.

• Like 7

talking about delusional, hahahahah

Sack the coach, don't sack the coach, replace the CEO, replace the list, fire darts into the players' behinds, it doesn't matter.

If things don't change drastically and quickly, this club will not survive. We are not financially or culturally sustainable, and we will evaporate into thin air if we continue to carry on like the spineless, loser, hopeless organisation that we've become.

And neither Neeld, nor many of our players seem to give two sh*ts about the fact that 30,000 odd people who love this club desperately, are going to lose an important part of their life.

I have a feeling Jaded we are so far down the tube it is impossible to escape the end result.

We are irrelevant the next step is oblivion

I'm in the same boat as Curry&Beer on this one, Django. I changed my sig a month or so ago, still with a degree of faith that Neeld could turn things around but less confident after what I saw during the pre-season. A lot less.

Then ... at about the 22 minute mark of the third quarter on Saturday the bubble burst and I woke up. This bloke can't coach, has brought crap players into the club and the ones still there clearly don't play for him. He's just out of his depth. It's as simple as that.

I so wanted to believe. What a shame. He'll be gone by round 7.

• Like 1

Last year I was savaged by posters on this site for pointing out the bleeding obvious. I will state it again.

Neeld is missing a major skill required to have success as a senior coach. This is the skill to be able to get the most out of your players. Neeld has no ability to create the confidence and self belief required to be an AFL coach. The number of players who play as a shadow of the players they were prior to last season in staggering. Virtually all players have gone backwards despite them being mostly low draft picks, young and up coming. I watch as our x players who were moved on suddenly find there lost ability at new clubs and point to this as further evidence. At the same time our recruits from other clubs suddenly struggle to get a kick, struggle to play.

I said it last year and I will say it again now. Neeld is not our man. He may be tough and smart, he may have a good footy brain but he is missing the skill of installing self belief and confidence while still being tough. He must be sacked ASAP. The perfomances since he became coach have been beyond appauling. Come season end we will see another wave of our better players asking to be traded or leaving through free agency if we don't get someone in who can install the most important thing in football........ self belief. Further we will be unable to trade for any quality recruit as the MFC will continue to seen as poison for any players career. We must get rid of Neeld before more damage is done.

Three coaches have had the same problem in getting anything out of this playing list, in its various iterations over the last decade -- do you think it could perhaps just be possible that there is a problem with the players more so than the coaches?

• Like 1