Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Petterd set to leave ...

whitito

Ricky is yet another talented player that has not been able to perform under Neeld. If he he was one of a few that struggled under the coach this would be normal and not a problem.. The problem is that at least half the list took steps backwards. Many like Moloney, Jarrah, Pettard, Morton, Frawley, Trengrove etc were simply a shadow of there previous performances. The lack of confidence led to lack of ability.

Many of the 10 or so that walk out, or get delisted will go on to other clubs to have successful careers. My friends; please believe me when I say that the problem is not our list, the problem is the management of the list. In particular Neeld. Simply he has lost respect and confidence of the players, he does not get the most out of them and this is shown in their on and off field performances. I am told from a well known players manager that as many as 15 have indicated a desire to leave the MFC. That is one third of the list.

Neeld will swing the axe as he must blame someone. If the teams performance this season is not his fault then it is the players fault. As such many will be sacked, many of which we will watch develop into great players, and a couple will even become Premiership players with other clubs.

The real loser in this is the MFC. We lose our talented players as we have a coach who has no talent in getting his players to perform to their ability. We will not be able to replace these players with people who are more talented. We will end up having to replace them with players like Magnor and Couch. No disrespect to these guys they give 100% and I love it, but they will never be players that have the ability to win a Premiership.

We are falling into the abyss. Precious few want to play for the MFC but no one wants to play for Neeld. Neeld is the issue. Keeping Neeld is costing us big time. We are now back to where we started in 2007. Neeld should be the person who's performance should be questioned, before the players.

Please get rid of Neeld.

mate you really have noooo idea about footy!

Ricky is yet another talented player that has not been able to perform under Neeld. If he he was one of a few that struggled under the coach this would be normal and not a problem.. The problem is that at least half the list took steps backwards. Many like Moloney, Jarrah, Pettard, Morton, Frawley, Trengrove etc were simply a shadow of there previous performances. The lack of confidence led to lack of ability.

Many of the 10 or so that walk out, or get delisted will go on to other clubs to have successful careers. My friends; please believe me when I say that the problem is not our list, the problem is the management of the list. In particular Neeld. Simply he has lost respect and confidence of the players, he does not get the most out of them and this is shown in their on and off field performances. I am told from a well known players manager that as many as 15 have indicated a desire to leave the MFC. That is one third of the list.

Neeld will swing the axe as he must blame someone. If the teams performance this season is not his fault then it is the players fault. As such many will be sacked, many of which we will watch develop into great players, and a couple will even become Premiership players with other clubs.

The real loser in this is the MFC. We lose our talented players as we have a coach who has no talent in getting his players to perform to their ability. We will not be able to replace these players with people who are more talented. We will end up having to replace them with players like Magnor and Couch. No disrespect to these guys they give 100% and I love it, but they will never be players that have the ability to win a Premiership.

We are falling into the abyss. Precious few want to play for the MFC but no one wants to play for Neeld. Neeld is the issue. Keeping Neeld is costing us big time. We are now back to where we started in 2007. Neeld should be the person who's performance should be questioned, before the players.

Please get rid of Neeld.

mate you really have noooo idea about footy!

• Like 1

What does this mean? Surely setting the playing standard and turfing out those who don't meet it is part of "coaching"?!

I would have thought that is just as much part of the Captains & Assistant coaches roles, maybe even the Football Managers & President! Creating a culture shouldnt be the head coaches sole responsibility but this year it is just about the only think Neeld has achieved, which is a sad reflection of where the club is at i guess

I still would have liked to see a little more from Neeld to prove he can coach though. I have seen nothing from Neeld on game day that shows that he can manipulate the side to adapt to various situations that occur during a game. I have seen the vast majority of the list struggle with basic skill errors all year. I have seen him persist with playing Rivers and Garland up forward while we leak goals in defence. I havent seen him be able to get the most out of guys who have threatened to take the next step.

I would have thought that is just as much part of the Captains & Assistant coaches roles, maybe even the Football Managers & President! Creating a culture shouldnt be the head coaches sole responsibility but this year it is just about the only think Neeld has achieved, which is a sad reflection of where the club is at i guess

I still would have liked to see a little more from Neeld to prove he can coach though. I have seen nothing from Neeld on game day that shows that he can manipulate the side to adapt to various situations that occur during a game. I have seen the vast majority of the list struggle with basic skill errors all year. I have seen him persist with playing Rivers and Garland up forward while we leak goals in defence. I havent seen him be able to get the most out of guys who have threatened to take the next step.

Actually I liked the Rivers and Garland move. We moan that coaches dont make a move or try something different and then bitchslap them when we do. We may have been leaking goals in defense but we also werent kicking goals after Big Mitch went down so why not try something to get a score on the board.

Actually I liked the Rivers and Garland move. We moan that coaches dont make a move or try something different and then bitchslap them when we do. We may have been leaking goals in defense but we also werent kicking goals after Big Mitch went down so why not try something to get a score on the board.

I partially agree, but Fitzpatrick could haev earned a call up earlier IMO, and Cook could have played a game or so?

I think we should have traded Petterd years ago. Definitely trade him this year.

He will have trade value. Definitely second round pick, maybe end of first round. Teams going for finals will see him as a player who could slot right in and kick 40 goals (ala Josh Hill style role).

Fact is, Petterd is not a great player. He is a terrible kick and most importantly he's lazy as hell. He has talent and it will probably serve another team very well.

I partially agree, but Fitzpatrick could haev earned a call up earlier IMO, and Cook could have played a game or so?

Honestly DemonWA Cook was never going to play he was simply not up to it.

He was an emergency one week when we were done to the last few players because of injuries.

Even then I was surprised.

I saw him a few times at Casey and a Couple more on TV this year he still looked like a skinny 17 year old

Playing against Men.

IMO only ever played well when he could get the ball when on his own.

In congested play he was useless.

I don't believe I ever saw him take a congesed mark.

I can't believe all this tripe.<p>There is not one player on the OOC list that DLAND hasn't been calling for their heads or quest

That will happen Chippy when you finish near last and have a crap list.

Funny about that!

I think we should have traded Petterd years ago. Definitely trade him this year.

He will have trade value. Definitely second round pick, maybe end of first round. Teams going for finals will see him as a player who could slot right in and kick 40 goals (ala Josh Hill style role).

Fact is, Petterd is not a great player. He is a terrible kick and most importantly he's lazy as hell. He has talent and it will probably serve another team very well.

I think there's less chance of them seeing him as a player who will slot in and kick 40 goals, and more chance they'll see him as a terrible kick who is lazy as hell.

• Like 1

Hmmm. Those two paragraphs somehow just don't seem to correlate.

. Ha ha ha. 2 or 3 free agents ...they will be lucky to get one and if he is 'decent' every other club would be in the hunt......so you really mean a mercenary who will take a Sulleyesque proprtion of this 'war chest' everyone bangs on about. Talented prime age recruits. Oh sure ....will we offer them Bate or Morton with Ricky or Bennell thrown in as the clincher.Or perhaps one of the half dozen or so real players we have, that presumably even the school teacher would like to keep.. Have a look at the number of trades that happen every year and get back to me with how the worst list in town is going to swap for some talented prime age players . BTW Boak has re signed so can everyone at Fantasyland cross him off their lists please. Just as it was really really obvious that Neeld was waiting one season to see who he thought he could work with it is equally obvious that at best he will get one minor restricted free agent and perhaps 2 (max) trades done and they wont be earth shattering deals though,in time, they may be seen as masterstrokes. The interesting trades and pick ups will be at seasons end 2013 and next season should be viewed as similar to Jack Watts 2nd year (hopefully with much more steady improvement) ...................................... Big men/changes take time. I'm off to some park to kick the ball around with blokes who actually know what standard they're at.......the fresh winds of reality. Some of you guys are beating east to west around Cape Horn while pretending you're sailing a schooner on the Trade Winds passage to Tahiti. Schooners are for drinking,what are you on? FWIW Ricky might actually get to be part of a trade,but hardly for an obvious up and coming elite player...So far the guys gone or going are 'rejects' from the worst club in the league.To get a decent trade MFC will have to respond to someone knocking at the door not wandering past the front gate

I fail to see how your largely unreadable rant has anything to do with my original post . You've misconstrued my words to suit your own negative slant on things . I offered a positive solution to our plight and you just want to give up by the sounds of things .

You've taken my post out of context , twisted things around and made wildly ridiculous assumptions that make no sense at all . Perhaps if you take the time to re-read my post carefully you'll realize that I was making a suggestion on what I thought the club should do in the month of October . At no stage did I say that these things will happen as you've intimated .

Please get rid of Neeld.

If the yarn is true and Petterd is on the way out, then best of luck to him and hopefully he can land at another club and find the success that eluded him at MFC.

My question to you is why would so many players re-sign this year if was Neeld is so thoroughly on the nose? Howe, Jones, McKenzie, Jamar, Blease, McDonald, Tapscott etc all chose to stay this year when all of them would have some measure of currency on the trade market. Neeld rides Blease harder than just about anybody else from all reports, yet he re-signed.

The issue here is Petterd, and for that matter any player that is determined to be incapable of taking the club towards consistent finals footy. Neeld isn't the issue. Clearly, time will tell if Neeld is a good coach at AFL level. We can't say that for sure at the moment. For the time being, Neeld and the rest of the MFC footy department (it's not just him) are doing what I expect a competent footy department to be doing. He and the rest of the staff have had a long look at the list they inherited and they are currently deciding which players are going to take the club forward. The footy department have also set high standards for performance on gameday and on the training track, and it seems that some players are unable to meet those standards. Just who those players are will come out in the wash after the trade period is done and the list lodgements have been made.

The MFC footy department should make no apologies for doing these things. It's harsh on the players that don't make the cut because their lives are turned upside down, but it's life in a professional sporting organisation. All players know the risk when they get involved.

• Like 9

Hmmm. Those two paragraphs somehow just don't seem to correlate.

Indeed. If you follow the logic of that post all the way to conclusion you get "clubs will give us a late first round pick for a lazy player with a terrible kick".

My question to you is why would so many players re-sign this year if was Neeld is so thoroughly on the nose? Howe, Jones, McKenzie, Jamar, Blease, McDonald, Tapscott etc all chose to stay this year when all of them would have some measure of currency on the trade market. Neeld rides Blease harder than just about anybody else from all reports, yet he re-signed.

spot on Devo

at this stage, when i look at the 'staying' and 'going' columns, i'm more than happy with the ledger (love for jurrah notwithstanding)

imagine the panic and outrage we'd have on here if jones and howe had not yet resigned

• Like 1

Ha ! We can't walk out , can we Willo ? We're trapped !

I had a tiger supporter mate once tell me that he hoped his team would merge so he wouldn't have to barrack for them anymore ! How sad is that ?

I'm certainly not walking out but I wonder if the Demonland admin will erase my profile pic if a rumour is spread that I am about to jump ship.

Tiger fans are always sad. Especially at the Punt Rd end at 4.30pm on Saturday afternoons. Even in the summer.

I can't believe all this tripe.<p>There is not one player on the OOC list that DLAND hasn't been calling for their heads or quest

That will happen Chippy when you finish near last and have a crap list.

Funny about that!

Thanks Old Dee,

I don't know how you understood my post.

It looks like 3/4 of it has been cut out.

But it looks like you are brill.. at reading between the lines or paragraphs.

I'm certainly not walking out but I wonder if the Demonland admin will erase my profile pic if a rumour is spread that I am about to jump ship.

Tiger fans are always sad. Especially at the Punt Rd end at 4.30pm on Saturday afternoons. Even in the summer.

Ha ! I think you're safe :)

It's certainly hard yakka being a Demons fan . My beef this year is our style of play . Losing is bearable if there's a few standout players or some great passages of play .

Our slow , stagnant , stifling , boring around the boundary style is virtually unwatchable . I'm assured by many on this site that all the good attacking stuff will be 'unveiled' later . We wait in anticipation , Willo !

• Like 1

Thanks Old Dee,

I don't know how you understood my post.

It looks like 3/4 of it has been cut out.

But it looks like you are brill.. at reading between the lines or paragraphs.

Funny I wondered what the first bit was about.

I was referring to the last line Chippy.

Just an observation that when you are crap everyone thinks that most players are poor.

What did the first bit say?

Funny I wondered what the first bit was about.

I was referring to the last line Chippy.

Just an observation that when you are crap everyone thinks that most players are poor.

What did the first bit say?

No point repeating it.

I think you got the gist perfectly.